• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved the Direct, very happy with the content shown. Battle Network was such a fun series when I was growing up, and very happy to return to it.

Persona (to me) belongs on a handheld so I’m very excited to have it on Switch. That’ll probably do it for me and my Vita, hell of a console.

Only thing I thought was missing was the Batman Arkham stuff, but that must not be ready for primetime yet. Otherwise, great event!

I find it hard to believe that with an install base of 110m that Japanese game fans who like JRPGs or Atlus games wouldn't have bought a PS5 by now if they were genuinely enthused at the idea of playing Persona 5.
Well have you seen PS5 + Xbox sales numbers in Japan compared to Switch? Haha!

I think I’d give it a C+/B- overall. There wasn’t a single announcement that rocked my world, but instead we got a lot of decent to good announcements. It’s easily the best partner showcase, though. And the pacing was immaculate as always.

I don't even know if I want to do this but I checked Resetera to see commentary there.

50% of people there are shitting on all games and the direct and clearly with salty-ish commentary like "oh just switch, well bad decision", or "oh now switch gets this game so late" etc.

I was permabanned for far less than the console warriors in that forum :p
gyxUlQM_d.webp

Holy shit, Mario + Rabbids is getting 3 DLC Packs, two launching in 2023 and one in 2024.

Loosely translated from Belgian eShop: "The season pass gives you access to future DLC packs, with extra story content and full of new characters, missions and battles in Mario + Rabbids, Sparks of Hope."

Just finished the direct and....BEST PARTNER DIRECT EVERRRR!! Sonic Frontiers, Persona, Bomberman, FUCKING PAC MAN WORLD!!
Like literally, I JUST got hooked into the world games and then they fucking announce THIS!! I was super mega super mega HYPED!!

Soooo... it wasn't that Bad as many though, hmm? :) Was a really solid Direct Mini Partner Showcase, still stoked to see what Nintendo is doing.

Holy shit, Mario + Rabbids is getting 3 DLC Packs, two launching in 2023 and one in 2024.

Loosely translated from Belgian eShop: "The season pass gives you access to future DLC packs, with extra story content and full of new characters, missions and battles in Mario + Rabbids, Sparks of Hope."
Good lord wtf

Quality presentation. I get why they did the Partner thing again with Nier and Persona finally appearing and carrying the weight. Many of the ports looked good as well, seems like more port houses have discovered TAA =P .

I got Monkey Island, Portal and No Man's Sky (and maybe Pacman? Not sure what that was about but it looked interesting). Nier and Persona are probably too anime for me, but their reputation is so stellar that I might give them a try anyway.

Hot take: I'm kinda amazed at how much appetite there is for modern anime-styled games - those often come across as overly artificial to me, and often in the exact same ways: overdone VO, archetypical characters, similar colour palettes, super giant monsters, teenage grade melodrama...

Honestly, I'm considering getting an XBox. Switch is super convenient and Nintendo's first party devs can inspire me like no others, but it's tech has become long in the tooth and so much of the high profile library isn't for me. And with Switch 4K and Zelda coming God knows when I don't feel like waiting.

Pretty solid. Lost's of Squeenix love. And Harvestella.

Also so glad NoA follows it up with Treehouse LiveALive.

I’m so happy Persona is now on Switch, now people can stop griping about and I can begin my campaign for Devil Survivor!

WTB new Direct Speculation ST for the rumored July-ish presentation,

If y'all think October is packed now, just wait until Nintendo announces another game for that month (probably Bayonetta 3 or Windwaker).

I usually ignore these farming simulator/RPG things, but Harvestella looks neat?

Very excited to play Persona, after all this time.

Well it opened with a Capcom logo that was a good omen, it was another Sunbreak trailer but a good reminder of how good Rise is and its incredible soundtrack.

I should give Nier Automata another try someday, the controls and combat felt so bad, and that lock on camera is just why, maybe it gets better, not going to buy it again on Switch tho.

Lorerei and the Laser Eyes looked intriguing.

SUPER BOMBERMAN R TWOOOOOOOOO. PAC-WORLD BAYBEE. SPARKS OF HOPE.

I didn't quite understood the Mega man thing, so I assume there is a physical version that is the whole thing, and digitally is going to be separated in two volumes?

Sonic Frontiers still looks terrible, but I had to clap when I saw Green Hill yet again, those madmen, can't wait to see Chemical Plant.

Dragon Quest cool.

Portal shadow drop cool.

Honestly the most surprising thing of the show for me was that Harvestella didn't look either bad or completely uninteresting to me, congrats Square. Rune Factory with very, Square designs, for better and for worse is something I would consider playing.

Persona I sleep, if it was 1, Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment tho, day 1. I'll miss the salt tho.

Good showcase, not Rise tier, but still good.

Awesome Direct - disappointed not seeing Tactics Ogre Reborn tho. Hope it’s not an exclusive PS title

I hope we wont need to wait until september for a normal direct, i really want to see bayo 3, metroid remaster, zelda perhaps, and etc.

maybe they're saving first party for a certain timeframe in July
First of all I completely agree with your avatar after this Partner Presentation. despite loving loving loving ghibli and botw i can't stand most modern anime and i'm currently baffled at how laser focused such a large part of the game dev scene is at this very specific and annoying style

Secondly I'd love to agree with you and can see the argument, but will try not to get carried away just yet. Years of speculation will do that to someone :p .

Yeah, this was definitely the strongest Partner showcase as far as a wide variety of games for people to enjoy.

I don't think there's a single game in this Direct that I'm gonna get on Switch lol. But it was surprisingly alright

EDIT: Oh well just kidding, I'm getting Sunbreak in two days

Alright here’s my list

- Portal Collection (already bought lol)
- Sunbreak
- Live A Live
- Railgrade
- Ultra Kaiju Monster Farm (currently Japan only)
- Lorelei and the Laser Eyes
- Persona 3 and 4 (Will probably play via Game Pass tho lol)

Is there any western pubs/developers supporting switch still? Was it me or I didn’t see any western made games?

Alright here’s my list

- Portal Collection (already bought lol)
- Sunbreak
- Live A Live
- Railgrade
- Ultra Kaiju Monster Farm (currently Japan only)
- Lorelei and the Laser Eyes
- Persona 3 and 4 (Will probably play via Game Pass tho lol)
Here's my list:

-Sonic Frontiers
-Persona 5 (and maybe 3 and 4 if I get REALLY interested into the series)
-Puck Man World
-Battle Network seems interesting
-Waka Waka Man World
-Bomberman
-FUCKING PAC MAN WORLD

Is there any western pubs/developers supporting switch still? Was it me or I didn’t see any western made games?
Microsoft kinda bought all the western developers that supported Switch. Thankfully Microsoft seems willing to support the Switch, but with the hardware gap continuing to widen, I imagine it is no longer a major priority for many western third party developers.

But Warner Bros has some stuff coming. Plus M&R2 from Ubisoft.

I find it hard to believe that with an install base of 110m that Japanese game fans who like JRPGs or Atlus games wouldn't have bought a PS5 by now if they were genuinely enthused at the idea of playing Persona 5.

Okay, I imagine there are quite a few people who are Switch owners who weren't aware of Persona 5 "back in the day" who are now interested. But there can't be any big persona fans who were into the series in 2017 who sat patiently for 5 years. At that stage, how interested are you, really?

And anyway, my point was that you said that it wasn't really a late port. The original launched a month after Switch, and the port launches as we're all sat here 5 years later speculating about whether Switch 2 / Switch Pro will drop early next year. It's late! That's all I'm saying.
The game also launched on PS3. In my case I used to own a ps4, and bought and played P5 on that. I sold my PS4 later that year though. I bought a copy of P5 for my ps3 which i still have. Haven't been able to play Royal though since i won't buy any future playstation. Now I can though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom