• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games I was interested in:
  • Super Bomberman R2
  • Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
  • Pac-Man World Re-Pac
  • Blanc
  • Little Noah: Scion of Paradise
  • Dragon Quest Treasures
  • Harvestella
  • Persona 3 Portable

Not sure how many of those I'm going to buy, but there was a lot of stuff I'd consider checking out. Sadly, while it was a good direct, there weren't any new game announcements that were really exciting for me. Some of the ports like Nier and P4/P5 are so late that I already bought them on other platforms.

Nier was a surprise and a cool one
Treasures looked neat and is coming this year, and
Persona 3-5 on Switch finally.

But who cares about all that. BATTLE NETWORK COLLECTION BABY. Best announcement.

Solid B from me. Nice to see more of Treasures. I wonder if the next 2-3 weeks will have Mini with a focus on 1P stuff like MP1 HD, Splat 3, and Pokémon.

Cool to see more DQT.

I can definitely see Tactics Ogre and FF Pixel in September now

I didn't have many expectations but that was definitely still a bit shit. Doesn't help that Persona got spoilt for me cause I came on here when the direct wasn't uploaded straight on time to see if anything was said and I saw someone had posted frame 1 about Persona coming to Switch.

Harvestella looked good, Persona is nice but I'm worried about P5R's resolution and I'd much rather get P3 FES. P4G is very nice though.
Overall I'm tired of looking at almost every game and saying, that looks decent but I definitely won't play it on Switch cause I don't want to deal with low resolution crap. Like Harvestella which I think was the most interesting game there, unless it's exclusive I have no intention of playing it on Switch, which is sad. Pro or 2 hurry up please.

No Bayonetta as well is just painful.
I mean Bayonetta is more a first party games so I did not expect it to show up. Mario&Rabbids was there so Bayonetta could have shown too, but there are still many month left this year for a new direct with Bayonetta & Co.

That felt like a typical E3 Direct minus the first party announcements to me.
Really believing the "First party mini coming in July" theory, you can tell it was what they planned as their E3 direct before E3 got cancelled, I don't think they'll wait September to announce whatever first party announcements they had planned for this.

And then in September it'll be back to normal with a usual General Direct imo.

I alrd told you guys this was gonna be the full thing and then they got fed up with all the leaks and just changed it last minute xD

I know they didn’t get those guys to dress up and do Treehouse for one game. I believe they recorded treehouse for more games and we will get some kind of direct in July for first party (at least focused on first party)

OK, so after all the fuss... that was actually pretty good. 6/10 on a more general scale, and 8/10 in the context of a Partner Direct/Mini Direct. I'm in for Portal (at that price? 100%), Mario + Rabbids 2, maybe Persona 5 Royal, and the game with the two animals. I might get Sonic Frontiers... but definitely not on Switch lol. I'd go for NieR: Automata but I think my days of buying late ports simply because it'd be cool to have them on Switch are over.

It genuinely felt like Nintendo simply removed the first-party stuff from a General Direct and stuck all that was left into this. The volume of announcements, the type of announcements and more just scream that to me; it didn't seem like something Nintendo just threw together due to a few pre-existing third party deals. If I were more hopeful, I'd believe that Nintendo's got something big cooked up. Since I'm not, I'm just gonna believe that Nintendo's gonna do a few Twitter Drops between now and a possible September Direct.

Just wish it was live-streamed, so we could have watched it together. Instead I, perhaps foolishly, went onto the youtuber Nathaniel Bandy's stream (it was the first one to pop up on Youtube), and that was painful. Guy knew absolutely nothing about anything and was talking over everything.

I mean, how could I be mad at a Partners Showcase that hit on series like Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Sonic, Dragon Quest, Persona, Portal, Monkey Island, Mario+Rabbids, Minecraft…

Solid B from me. Nice to see more of Treasures. I wonder if the next 2-3 weeks will have Mini with a focus on 1P stuff like MP1 HD, Splat 3, and Pokémon.

Cool to see more DQT.

I can definitely see Tactics Ogre and FF Pixel in September now
Maybe if we get a direct in July we get Tactics Ogre and FF Pixel announced there.

I think it's simply a case that with their next three-four months all scheduled out Nintendo didn't feel like they needed to reveal anything first party yet. They're being increasingly cautious with how they reveal and date games. I get the sense they're happy to wait until September when they have their ducks in a row for 2023 and then lift the lid then.

Definitely get the sense that they can reveal Metroid Prime Remastered on its own if they want (and if it is even a thing), or even do their own first party mini with that + updates on Mario Kart/Mario strikers etc + new Splatoon 3 details in a few weeks time.

Honestly, this Direct just wasn’t for me. I’m not huge into rpgs anymore and I already own most of those ports on other systems/don’t care to have them on the go, save Portal because I am a sucker for Portal.

Sonic Frontier looked okay and any MHR Sunbreak footage is always a plus.

Oh well. I’m glad for those that enjoyed it!

Honestly a pretty great Direct.

Persona 3/4/5 hell yeah
Harvestella looked really cool nice surprise
Dragon Quest Treasures
Pacman Battle Network and new Bomberman
Nier Automata looked like a solid port from the stream

Just realized that you'll be soon able to play Persona 5 even when you have violent diarrhoea. That should count for something.

Enjoyed watching the Direct. Most excited by the Persona ports of course, but there were some nice surprises in there like Nier Automata, the Megaman Battle Network Collection (never played them, glad I held off on Wii U!), Super Bomberman 2, the Portal shadowdrop, and the out of nowhere farming RPG by Square.

Very underwhelmed by the Mario and Rabbids showing, but we’ll get a proper blowout tomorrow and I’m sure the final game will be great fun like the first.

Actually enjoyed the Direct. The only change I would have made would be to swap that Harvestella game with the FF Pixel Remaster Collection. I have no idea why Square is so opposed to making money, they don't need to make a new apocalyptic farming sim and instead just throw those on the system as a shadow drop and watch the money roll in.
One doesn’t preclude the other from happening. A new IP in the vein of Rune Factory is a much more exciting announcement than upgrades of games I’ve played several times already.

That felt like a typical E3 Direct minus the first party announcements to me.
Really believing the "First party mini coming in July" theory, you can tell it was what they planned as their E3 direct before E3 got cancelled, I don't think they'll wait September to announce whatever first party announcements they had planned for this.

And then in September it'll be back to normal with a usual General Direct imo.
It's a bit strange, since this could've been the third-party section of a really killer full Direct. But oh well. Still a very solid showcase
Actually enjoyed the Direct. The only change I would have made would be to swap that Harvestella game with the FF Pixel Remaster Collection. I have no idea why Square is so opposed to making money, they don't need to make a new apocalyptic farming sim and instead just throw those on the system as a shadow drop and watch the money roll in.
Boo. Keep your old RPGs, give me some apocalyptic farming sims

Don't think we should be encouraging "hey company why are you making new and exciting games? Give me your old games slightly revamped!" (Granted I'm not really a FF fan so probably shouldn't be talking here)

There's no way they do a first party mini in July. I wouldn't get your hopes up to be disappointed again. If they wanted to show first party games before September, they'd have put them in this and called it a General Direct.

I enjoyed that, feel pretty packed for 25 minutes.

Dragon Quest Treasures for me, I’ll stick Nier on the wishlist and pick it up later on too.

So, uh, Nintendo set up their whole Treehouse film studio to show off Live A Live and nothing else? Suuuuuuure.
Nintendo staff “okay the set is all ready for Live A Live filming”

Filming begins and ends

Nintendo staff “okay let’s bring the set back down and pack up”

I found this an excellent show given it was a partner event. For me by far the best partner direct.
And imagine I am not into Monster Hunter

It helped that a lot of games I want to play from the past are here

Persona 5
Nier Automata
Portal Collection

Also, literally 80% of the games were interesting and had interesting trailers. Blanc looks hella cool, I am excited to play Monkey Island.

Rabbits gameplay was exciting as well!

I almost can't understand being disappointed by this.

What was actually new? Bomberman, Harvestella, and Blanc? Not interested in any of those so this direct was a no-op for me.

Super excited for Rabbids but that was a bad trailer.

Damn, what an AMAZING show

We're finally getting MMBN, I did not see it coming after Capcom didn't mention anything during their presentation.

Nier Automata isn't my thing, but is huge for most people.

P5 finally coming. I believed it would, but it's so relieving to finally put this misery to rest.

And damn SE is on a roll. Harvestella looks great, I love farming sims and I like the atmostphere more than Rune Factory. Can't wait to play it.

Talking about farming sims, I've been interested in the Doraemon game forever. Will check reviews when it launches.

Bomberman 2 is a great surprise, it's good to see the franchise alive and well.

And DQ Treasures finally convinced me, the gameplay looks great.

That's more game than I have money/time for, and isn't even counting first parties. This is great.

I know they didn’t get those guys to dress up and do Treehouse for one game. I believe they recorded treehouse for more games and we will get some kind of direct in July for first party (at least focused on first party)
Nintendo Direct: First Party Showcase. This don't have the Mini branding because it's not shadowdropped. May include Koizumi/Takahashi as a presenter. Around 30 minutes long.

Remember at the anger for just the suggestion that Persona 5 could one day come to the Switch. For years the shouting was immense, but now the internet can know peace. It has been settled.

This was overall pretty solid for a Partner Showcase. Nier Automata and Persona were pretty neat to see, even if they're super duper late ports. I liked Blanc and RPG Time as well, both looked really interesting. I got excited when I saw Fire Emblem Warriors, thinking we'd get an announcement for DLC, but then that turned into disappointment very quickly when it was just part of a highlight reel. Hopefully we see the expansion pass announced within the next few months.

Ihave to be honest, no Tactics Ogre let me a bit down, but there were some gems here and there.

Mario Rabbids seems a quality game, so is Treasures, and Monkey Island was an incredible and promising surprise.

I wonder when we'll here again of Silksong

Lots of great games! Too many for me in fact.
This year has had a great balance of game types that I enjoy.

my hopes for tomorrow--

-Dragon Quest news (REALLY hoping X offline gets localized. Otherwise, news on Treasures and 3 HD would be lovely)
-Mario+Rabbids 2 news/release date (if news drops on Wednesday for this instead of tomorrow I'll still be very pleased)
-Persona Persona Persona
-Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters
-New Story of Seasons game
-Some surprise (any game we don't know about that looks/sounds fun)

WILD things that probably won't come true

Ace Attorney (collection of 4-6, AA7, or GAA3 would all be welcome)
Mega Man Battle Network and/or Star Force Collection
New Fire Emblem game cause Koei Tecmo/Gust are "partners" lol

I see a lot of people saying Bayo 3 definitely wouldn't drop tomorrow, and I sorta get that pov, but I do think it would be a great closer to a partner presentation, and if the game makes 2022, it's about time to hear something about it. But we'll see!

Edit-- Advance Wars could show up here too, imo since it's by Wayforward. But we shall see if it's time for that

A lot of my hopes actually came true!!

We got Battle Network Collection, which is extremely exciting and long awaited for many.

Dragon Quest Treasures news is super welcome. It looks really interesting and I love Erik and Mia so I will be there day one!

Mario+Rabbids 2 news AND more of it tomorrow. Neat!

Not only a new Doraemon Story of Seasons but a cool new farm sim by Squeenix with awesome character art.

I was hoping for Persona and I sure got Persona

Blanc and RPG Time: Legend of Wright look super good, I'll check them out.

Honestly, really solid showcase. Easily the best partner mini they've done for my tastes.

Calling the Personas a late port, while technically true, is a bit disingenuous when it's coming to all non-PS platforms at the same time. The Switch is on par with everything else there

Nier though has been on everything else for a while so yeah that one feels pretty late.

To those discussing why Nintendo may have potentially split a hypothetical general direct/E3 Showcase up, my guess is to allow the games media coverage and social media posts to be about their partners’ games and not their own.

They may get less eyes from the people who only buy Mario/Zelda/Pokémon, but hopefully that will be made up for by the fact that a majority of the coverage and word-of-mouth will be focused on Switch games from publishers other than Nintendo.

While there was nothing for me in this show, I have to admit it was pretty solid. Like, it was a tiny disappointing for my personal tastes, but it was objectively a good show. And there some that I had non-zero interest in (just not enough to actually buy and play).

I'm not starving regarding games that interests me so I really can't complain. It is a definite step-up over other partners showcases and I'll certainly watch future ones. And I'm genuinely glad a lot of people got what they wanted.

The idea of that series was to open it a month before the usual Direct month of each period, so the next one should open August 1. No one had reserved it yet as far as I am aware.
Given the recent speculation of a July showcase, we might need to open that thread earlier than usual lol

I found this an excellent show given it was a partner event. For me by far the best partner direct.
And imagine I am not into Monster Hunter

It helped that a lot of games I want to play from the past are here

Persona 5
Nier Automata
Portal Collection

Also, literally 80% of the games were interesting and had interesting trailers. Blanc looks hella cool, I am excited to play Monkey Island.

Rabbits gameplay was exciting as well!

I almost can't understand being disappointed by this.
Totally agree, the show presented a very strong lineup with fantastic variety.

While Sonic looks really bad on Switch, the short showing in this direct actually explained the game better than any efforts Sega did with their weird reveal on IGN

There are basically two types of Nintendo fan reactions to this kind of direct.

The ones for whom late ports (or any ports) can be a welcome surprise, and those who have zero interest in any ports ever, for whom they are an entire waste of time.

I'm the latter - I don't replay games and don't buy ports. So you can imagine how that was for me.

On the bright side - Mario x Rabbids looks great. Sonic Frontiers continues to look like a disaster.
Calling the Personas a late port, while technically true, is a bit disingenuous when it's coming to all non-PS platforms at the same time. The Switch is on par with everything else there

Nier though has been on everything else for a while so yeah that one feels pretty late.
It's not about console warring and who gets the port when. It's about the fact that most people who had interest in playing the game did so in April 2017. That's more than 5 years ago! If that's not a late port, then what are we doing here?

Many good announcements for sure, but it's definitely got me wondering how many games from directs I actually end up playing.

I mentioned earlier that I will get Battle Network and M+R for sure. Others that I might buy are Nier, Dragon Quest Treasures, Blanc, and Harvestella -- I think those largely depend on what Nintendo themselves release and if I play their games instead.

It's not about console warring and who gets the port when. It's about the fact that most people who had interest in playing the game did so in April 2017. That's more than 5 years ago! If that's not a late port, then what are we doing here?
I barely played it a couple months ago. And if I had known a Switch version was coming, I might've waited. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom