• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports NFL |ST| Offseason

i didnt watch the superbowl. did taylor swift announce joe biden is now god king of universe when her boyfriend's team won? i hope so. it would've been funny.

i didnt watch the superbowl. did taylor swift announce joe biden is now god king of universe when her boyfriend's team won? i hope so. it would've been funny.
Joe Biden did post a meme on Twitter which was bragging about her boyfriend winning the SB if that counts. But it could have also been about Palestine.

Last edited:
The nepo baby choked away another lead. I really don't know why he refuses to run the ball.

That aside, better O-line play changes the game I think. There were so many times tonight where Purdy had his guy, made the read, but barely ran outta time. Niners absolutely deserve the shit they're gonna get for neglecting their O-line. Purdy being so good (sorry Brock) and taking them this far bailed them out.

And just think: Patrick Mahomes is only 28 years old.

He'll be driving people crazy for the next ten years.

I would hate to be a Buffalo Bills fan right now.
Or a fan of any other AFC West team cries Bronco tears

JaTgwwS.jpeg

It didn't occur to me until this morning that that whole game basically hinged on a dude's foot being in the exact wrong place in the wrong time. How many times will bad ST luck kill the Niners this millennium.

Yeah, his foot shouldn't have been there! But what are the odds!

Or a fan of any other AFC West team cries Bronco tears

It will be fascinating to see how Caleb Williams pans out (especially if he goes to the Chicago Bears).

They're hyping him up to be the next Patrick Mahomes. His style of running and throwing is very similar to Mahomes.

It will be fascinating to see how Caleb Williams pans out (especially if he goes to the Chicago Bears).

They're hyping him up to be the next Patrick Mahomes. His style of running and throwing is very similar to Mahomes.
They do this every couple of years with an up and coming player. I'm sure he'll be fine but at this point thinking of the draft as anything but educated guessing is a fool's errand.

It didn't occur to me until this morning that that whole game basically hinged on a dude's foot being in the exact wrong place in the wrong time. How many times will bad ST luck kill the Niners this millennium.

No, they deserve this. Seeing how special teams has completely nuked the Packers playoff chances in the past, especially at the hands of the 49ers, I will always root for them to feel our pain.

They do this every couple of years with an up and coming player. I'm sure he'll be fine but at this point thinking of the draft as anything but educated guessing is a fool's errand.

I don't think it's educated guessing. Caleb Williams is really, really good. The hype around Caleb Williams is similar to when Lebron James entered the NBA. He's already doing Dr Pepper commercials and he's not even in the NFL yet.

The problem: The Chicago Bears don't have great management, and they don't have great coaches. The reason Mahomes is so good is because he has Andy Reid. The Chicago Bears don't have a guy like Andy Reid to coach up Caleb Williams.

https://www.si.com/college/usc/foot...s-hes-the-closest-ive-seen-to-patrick-mahomes

The biggest compliment paid to Williams came from an NFL Quarterbacks coach who compared Williams to the reigning NFL MVP.

"He’s the closest I’ve seen to (Patrick) Mahomes," the coach told Feldman. "He’s like a refined Mahomes. It’s hard to compare anybody to Mahomes, but he really does play like him. I don’t think his arm is quite like that, but it’s definitely special for college. It’s not quite as freaky as Pat’s, but it’s upper-level for the NFL.”

Last edited:
I don't think it's educated guessing. Caleb Williams is really, really good. The hype around Caleb Williams is similar to when Lebron James entered the NBA. He's already doing Dr Pepper commercials and he's not even in the NFL yet.

The problem: The Chicago Bears don't have great management, and they don't have great coaches. The reason Mahomes is so good is because he has Andy Reid. The Chicago Bears don't have a guy like Andy Reid to coach up Caleb Williams.

https://www.si.com/college/usc/foot...s-hes-the-closest-ive-seen-to-patrick-mahomes
I mean, but it is, yeah? Caleb Williams isn't the first prospect to be considered a generational talent. In just the past few years, there have been players like Trevor Lawrence who have been touted as such when he is actually just, like, fine? I remember when Reggie Bush came out of the draft and ESPN did lengthy segments talking about him like he was Jesus H. Christ. Was he? Nah. He was alright!

There are just so many factors at play, and the one you mentioned is a pretty good one. The Bears have a history of ruining great young talent! There's no guarantee his success in college translates to the pros.

I mean, but it is, yeah? Caleb Williams isn't the first prospect to be considered a generational talent. In just the past few years, there have been players like Trevor Lawrence who have been touted as such when he is actually just, like, fine? I remember when Reggie Bush came out of the draft and ESPN did lengthy segments talking about him like he was Jesus H. Christ. Was he? Nah. He was alright!

There are just so many factors at play, and the one you mentioned is a pretty good one. The Bears have a history of ruining great young talent! There's no guarantee his success in college translates to the pros.
Those are all good points. I only meant it wasn't an educated guess that Caleb Williams has talent.

But you are definitely right. Sometimes great college players don't translate well into the NFL.

During his three seasons on the Denver Broncos, Jay Cutler was a Pro Bowl player. Then he joined the Chicago Bears and it all went downhill for him. The Bears have such a long history of mis-managing talented players.

I mean at what point is it bad luck and just the ST unit being bad? ST has been an issue for them all season, as has been the O-line. Both of those lost the Niners the game (although I'd throw Shanahan's inability to capitalize on the Chiefs mistakes and bleed clock in the first half, too.)

This F5 season did not disappoint, wow. Madden franchise mode vibes. So fun. Think this season is gonna be fun if F5 season is anything to go off of!

Bears have not been as active as I would like to see them. Don't get me started on the whole Fields/Caleb talks....

I shit you not. Aaron Rodgers is a top candidate to be the VP running mate of RFK Jr (also Jesse Ventura). Keeping this thread strictly on the NFL, imagine what this would do to the Jets…

I shit you not. Aaron Rodgers is a top candidate to be the VP running mate of RFK Jr (also Jesse Ventura). Keeping this thread strictly on the NFL, imagine what this would do to the Jets…
Rodgers will literally do anything except play for the Jets. It's admirable, really.
Derrick Henry and Lamar

the scariest rushing attack in the league
Lamar/Henry VS Hurts/Barkley Super Bowl gonna be the first one to hit 1k combined rushing yards.

Holy cow.

This is a headscratcher for me. I know he was kinda expensive, but iirc his cap hit wasn't so bad that it was unreasonable to work with. Unless the Chargers' cap situation is worse than I thought. But still... Allen and Herbert had really good chemistry and to get rid of that is... a choice.

The most Charger thing possible though is for their big pieces to leave or regress once the coaching is all figured out. Feel bad for them.

Back
Top Bottom