• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion New TOHO Godzilla Film Coming 11.3.23

Bring it. I've been loving both Toho and Legendary's newest Goji offerings, here lately.

Damn most anticipated film for 2023 already. Also hope 2023 is the year of a new Godzilla game.

What wonderful news to come home to! :)

I'm a massive Godzilla fan, own all his films, especially loved the last Toho one, Shin Godzilla.

I can't wait to see where they go with this one; part of the beauty of Godzilla is he is so adaptable as a character, evolving with the times and embodying the cultural context of different eras, from the 1950s to the present. You never know what form he will take next, and that's what makes it so exciting.

I guess with Anno working on Shin Kamen Rider this probably won’t be Shin Godzilla 2, at least not helmed by him. Curious to see what it is though!

I heard about this one's preproduction like a year ago, surprised it took them so long to announce it. Even after filming started Toho refused to call this a Godzilla movie lol. Takashi Yamazaki's a big Showa nostalgia nut/borderline Imperial apologist so I wonder how this will turn out. Not expecting Shin Godzilla-tier kino but anything will be better than Legendary's post-Edwards flicks. Supposedly Yamazaki managed to get Sakura Ando for a lead role so I hope they don't waste her like Shin Ultraman wastes Nishijima.
I guess with Anno working on Shin Kamen Rider this probably won’t be Shin Godzilla 2, at least not helmed by him. Curious to see what it is though!
Anno once mentioned that Toho probably wouldn't want to work with him on Godzilla again. His idea for a sequel involved giving full director duties to Shinji Higuchi for a 70's esque monster mash up, so I personally don't mind that never getting picked up. Shin Kamen RIder looks cool anyways.

Last edited:
I saw the Fathom Events screening of Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla tonight so I am in total Godzilla mood right now. So excited to see a new Toho release is in the works. I hope there won't be another 7-year gap before the one after that. Keep them coming.

I wonder if this is gonna be part of Hideaki Anno's Shin Godzilla universe/Shin Japan Heroes Universe?

Back
Top Bottom