• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO New Sega Genesis games available on NSO: Comix Zone, Target Earth, Zero Wing and Mega Man: The Wily Wars

IIRC, this is the first time Capcom has supported NSO with old games. I guess Mega Man 1-6 and the X games could be coming the NES and SNES NSO apps sometime soon

I remember them being datamined in that NSO leak a couple months ago (or maybe just the NES MM games). Maybe capcom is at the point from a business perspective that the Legacy Collections are in diminishing returns for sales

IIRC, this is the first time Capcom has supported NSO with old games. I guess Mega Man 1-6 and the X games could be coming the NES and SNES NSO apps sometime soon

I remember them being datamined in that NSO leak a couple months ago (or maybe just the NES MM games). Maybe capcom is at the point from a business perspective that the Legacy Collections are in diminishing returns for sales
Genesis had strider at launch fyi. And it seems nintendo went hard ball on expansion pack licensing. however I wouldn’t keep your hopes up for Nes/Snes. Megaman 64 could be on the table tho(Castlevania 64 DX(whatever it’s called) too).

Yo Wily Wars ! I still wish it was included in a Legacy Collection but this'll do !

NSO has Demons Crest, Super Ghouls and Breath of Fire 1 & 2 :)

I don't know how fun it is, but that trailer makes Comix Zone look sick. It's really impressive how well they pulled off the aesthetic, and I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.

I don't know how fun it is, but that trailer makes Comix Zone look sick. It's really impressive how well they pulled off the aesthetic, and I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.
Game is worth a play and unique and innovative. But be warned. Also hard as heck.

It’s fun if a little punishing on the platforming bits but rewind will take care of the rough edges. Has multiple routes too

How is Wily Wars compared to other MM games in terms of difficulty and quality? Is it one that was released under another name/port?

Move Zig Move Zig Move Zig Move Zig
You know what you’re doing take off every Zig.

Best god damn update to any NSO batch ever. Such a great roundup of games. Comix Zone blows but luckily rewind and the invincibility cheat help a lot with that. Hope Warsong is another game in the midst if Masaya is on board!

How is Wily Wars compared to other MM games in terms of difficulty and quality? Is it one that was released under another name/port?
Wily Wars is a Super Mario All Stars style remake of Megaman 1+2+3, along with a short new game that is only unlockable after you beat all three - and let’s you mix and match the upgrades.

Love, love, love Comix Zone. Played it all the time on my Genesis when I was young. I'm gonna keep saying it in an attempt to will it into existence but goddamn do I want Dotemu to do Comix Zone 2 next. I'd probably cry.

I'm not a huge fan of the Mega Drive but hearing SEEEGAAA at the beginning of these videos always makes me smile. I'll give them a spin, Comix Zone is one of these games I've wanted to try for a while.

Wily Wars is a Super Mario All Stars style remake of Megaman 1+2+3, along with a short new game that is only unlockable after you beat all three - and let’s you mix and match the upgrades.
Oh neat. Thanks for the info! I'm currently playing through MM3 for the first time and finding it pretty tough even with using some save states. I'm definitely curious what Wily Wars is like in comparison, I'll have to check it out sometime.

Holy shit, Wily Wars! Is this the first time this game gets rereleased?

I've wanted to play it for ages as I'm a big MM fan but never had the opportunity. So excited!

For people wondering, Wily Wars was made by Minakuchi Engineering, who also did all the GB games (except 2) and assisted on X3.

They kept the intro sequence of Zero Wing in the trailer, whoever cut it knew what they were doing.

I've wanted to play it for ages as I'm a big MM fan but never had the opportunity. So excited!

I think it was on the Genesis Mini as well, but the first time it's on a service like this, for sure. :)

Willy Wars, eh? I guess Sega really did do what Nintendidn't.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
pssst ... Someone set us up the bomb!!!

Not an expansion pass member yet (likely inevitable, especially whenever Waverace drops) but the Genesis lib looks real solid already. Always had my eye on Comix Zone since reading a gamepro review way back when. I know now you cant fully trust those those reviews, but game still looks awesome.

No, Wily Wars got re-released on the Genesis/MD Mini and also via an officially licensed physical cartridge re-release last year by Retrobit.

Zero Wing on the other hand? Now that game has actually never been re-released in any form until now :D

I wonder if Wily Wars here is a good sign for Mega Man 64 showing up too.

Granted I only played for about 10 minutes but Wily Wars feels really bad. Mega Man apparently has a single pixel step he can do by just tapping the dpad, but this animation also plays when you press to run. It leaves with you an extra split second of windup before he actually starts moving.

A very minor choice that reaaaallllyy hurts the game.

Back
Top Bottom