• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News New patch announced for Pokemon SV coming Late February adding Bug Fixes and 'New Functionality'

Taking so long to do any sort of update following the first one and not even mentioning what it has / confirming performance improvements? :(

I've barely played Violet. It was so brutal that as someone with epilepsy I was concerned it would produce a seizure. I legitimately considered contacting and telling them the insanely slow FPS can create the same feeling as flickering lights for photosensitives.

Taking so long to do any sort of update following the first one and not even mentioning what it has / confirming performance improvements? :(
I'm naively hoping that they wouldn't announce and release a patch on a Pokémon Day Presents without addressing performance. (yes, yes, I know they could definitely do just that)

Added functionality...is it too early for Pokemon Home?
Checking Serebii's website, looks like Pokemon Home functionality is being added earlier in February.

Honestly I'm at least happy with the distinction so that 1.2 of SV will be a dedicated (and hopefully substantial) update

Checking Serebii's website, looks like Pokemon Home functionality is being added earlier in February.

Honestly I'm at least happy with the distinction so that 1.2 of SV will be a dedicated (and hopefully substantial) update
The HOME functionality in February is just viewing Ranked information in the mobile app.

HOME transfers are still just dated as Spring 2023 and most likely aren't coming in February.

The HOME functionality in February is just viewing Ranked information in the mobile app.

HOME transfers are still just dated as Spring 2023 and most likely aren't coming in February.
Ahh, thank you for the clarification!

Since it would be too soon for HOME, I would guess that the "additional functionality" is some kind of Battle Tower and/or Set Mode. Currently, there is no offline way to practice in VGC rulesets (i.e. 3v3 singles and 4v4 doubles, normalized levels, no free switches) which is a major problem for onboarding

If Home compatibility isn't until later, my most wanted feature from the patch would be an improvement to the box UI. Make it faster. Make it useable.

Hopefully this addresses the more significant bugs and performance issues. This will probably also be the DLC teases update.

The main thing I'd like them to fix would be the raids, but despite how broken they are, they feel like a relatively low priority in the face of all the other broken stuff.

oh wait now I remember why I was gonna post here. I wonder if they'll add raids for the Paradox Pokémon now that they've been officially revealed, it'd be nice to be able to get them with 31 IVs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom