• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion New Mario Strikers Battle League Japanese overview trailer (UPDATE: English trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for the English version, but Gematsu’s article on it says you can bring a local friend to take on the world together online which I always love to see. 4 players locally of course.

Edit: 8 players locally. 4 per team.

Last edited:
It's about time!! It looks great, some of the combination moves like being able to tackle a team mate to propel them forward look fun.

• You can customize your chars for being faster, have stronger kicks or better strength for less knockbach after a tackle
  • Hyper Strikes seem more like in the original game, which is better in my opinion, since the ones in the Wii game were horribly unbalances
  • There seems to be no charging of the ball itself by passing the ball around like you're part of a Pep Guardiola team and only some good times passes that give you max shot strenght instantly
  • The tackling of your own teammates will give the game a neat tactical component and more depth
  • Online component still looks cool. I hope the netcode underneath it works

Overall: Can't wait for it

you can definitely see the Next Level flare there

hope there are more than 10 characters. there's a disturbing lack of Daisy

Mans were saying that this game lacks modes. What else can you add to a football game other than Manager mode, online and exhibition? Wait I forgot, Career Mode 🤦🏿‍♂️

Game looks amazing, can't wait to play.

I have such a huge nitpick that is bothering me. And only me lol.

But I hate that Wario is just holding the ball with his hand. Why not animate him kicking it
I'd guess they wanna make him look like someone who cheats or uses the football as an handegg, which would fit Warios well known tackle

I have such a huge nitpick that is bothering me. And only me lol.

But I hate that Wario is just holding the ball with his hand. Why not animate him kicking it
It's in character

feature_chara_slide_pic_09.png

The artwork on the website is gorgeous. Next Level Game's artists are absolutely incredible.

The amount of Content seems about right for a Strikers game from NLG. Less then Wii is unfortunate tho. But we still got time to see what else they have.

Losing sidekick tho is terrible. Some of those were cool. Hopfully they come back

I'd guess they wanna make him look like someone who cheats or uses the football as an handegg, which would fit Warios well known tackle
Mario Strikers did trend more handball in the Wii Version. But I just dislike the direction they went with Wario. DK uses his hand but just a little bit. Just me being nitpicky with his Choice.
It's in character

feature_chara_slide_pic_09.png
Well yeah. That’s why it’s a nitpick. I dislike this direction.

This game looks absolutely siiiick, can't wait.
No daisy is a bummer but I'm guessing some characters (and stages) will be unlockable in the game, like in Strikers charged where Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Pitey Piranha were unlocked by clearing cups. It was the same for some stadiums.

To put it into perspective, Mario Tennis Aces and Golf both had 16 characters at launch. And those games were both criticized for a lack of content. This game has 10 characters. I really don’t know what Nintendo is doing.

To put it into perspective, Mario Tennis Aces and Golf both had 16 characters at launch. And those games were both criticized for a lack of content. This game has 10 characters. I really don’t know what Nintendo is doing.
Nintendo and little content in a sports game goes hand in hand

Those games were really successful and has showen that initial criticism isn’t making much of a difference.

Plus I feel, and maybe Nintendo has data on this, that consistent updates actually is welcomed by the players and helps in the long run for these games. Being in the news is probably more important/helpful.

I would like games to be like Smash. But even then, a lot of the excitement for those games also was the consistent updates so it’s an interesting discussion to be had about these sports game

Those games were really successful and has showen that initial criticism isn’t making much of a difference.
this is the enthusiast's dilemma, isn't it:

if something is bad but nobody besides us cares, is it really bad?

Don’t worry he’ll be in the new DK game coming this year.
I was hoping after K. Rool in Smash and the Kongs appearing Mario Kart Tour, this would be the end of Kong neglect in Mario spinoff games. I really don't understand Nintendo.

In 2026 Nintendo will being back Mario Baseball but only Mario is playable. Everyone on the field is Mario. The umpire is Mario. The people in the stands are also Mario.

Mario

I dont think people expect golf and tennis to be that good due to camelot, the higher expectations for this came from NLG.
Don’t think thats true.

Camelot made sports game with more content before the switch versions.

In fact. It would be more logical to expect less from NLG since their sports games were lackluster when it came to content. The orignal Strikers had practically nothing compared to the current Switch Golf and Aces. And their Wii strikers game still has less then those.

On the plus side, this game visually looks amazing. The animations are top-notch, and that 2D art-style they use for the special attacks has a lot of personality. And the tackles, too. Mario basically doing his back air from Smash Bros? Wario doing his shoulder bash? great stuff.

Music sounds good too, I recognized at least one remix from Strikers Charged.

Yeah, it's kinda sad that Nintendo made NLG play the same game as Camelot with their game. Especially after NLG made one of the Switch's best game, LM3.

Don’t think thats true.

Camelot made sports game with more content before the switch versions.

In fact. It would be more logical to expect less from NLG since their sports games were lackluster when it came to content. The orignal Strikers had practically nothing compared to the current Switch Golf and Aces. And their Wii strikers game still has less then those.
I always thought that logic doesnt makes sense, i mean i understand why people say it but i dont agree with it.

We should judge the studio based on their more modern games right? Not games that release a decade and a half ago. And LM3 is very, very packed with content in my opinion.

This looks fantastic, I can't wait. I only ever played Sega Soccer Slam on the Gamecube but that was evidently by Next Level Games as well and a lot of fun.

A lot of interesting offensive and defensive options you can take now, plus the use of the gear should also make for interesting team synergy experiments.

I always thought that logic doesnt makes sense, i mean i understand why people say it but i dont agree with it.

We should judge the studio based on their more modern games right? Not games that release a decade and a half ago. And LM3 is very, very packed with content in my opinion.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 has only two playable characters so Mario Strikers is actually an improvement 😌

Last edited:
I am beyond sick of new Mario sports games launching with substandard amounts of content and adding it in later. How do we have less from the Gamecube iterations of Tennis, Golf etc.

When’s K Rool tho? He’s long overdue
I am beyond sick of new Mario sports games launching with substandard amounts of content and adding it in later. How do we have less from the Gamecube iterations of Tennis, Golf etc.
This seems about par for this series tho?

When’s K Rool tho? He’s long overdue

This seems about par for this series tho?
Not so much GC but the one on the Wii had an awesome roster with extras like Birdo and Hammer Bro, unique victory animations for every character and unique maps with terrain, these new ones seem very samey, and from what I can see of the intros they seem very short and a little generic.

Mario Golf and Tennis on GC blow out their Switch versions at launch

Mario Golf and Tennis on GC blow out their Switch versions at launch

They don't really.

Power Tennis: 18 characters
Aces: 16 at launch, 14 added later

Toadstool Tour: 16 characters + 2 unlockable through GBA transfer | 7 courses
Super Rush: 17 at launch, 5 added later | 6 regular courses + 2 battle at launch, 5 regular courses added later

They don't really.

Power Tennis: 18 characters
Aces: 16 at launch, 14 added later

Toadstool Tour: 16 characters + 2 unlockable through GBA transfer | 7 courses
Super Rush: 17 at launch, 5 added later | 6 regular courses + 2 battle at launch, 5 regular courses added later
Not in terms of characters, as games period. My character-related beef is Strikers focused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom