• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament 2023 |ST| March Madness

Who wins the Tournament?

• Houston

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas

• Purdue

• UCLA

• Texas

• Marquette

• Gonzaga

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Other (Let us know who!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WestEgg

King of the Krocs
Administrator
Pronouns
he/him
FamiboardsMMHeader.jpg

It's time again for March Madness! This sixty-eight team, single elimination tournament is the final goal of every Division 1 men's basketball program across the USA, in which teams from schools across the country compete to be the last one standing. Every year, millions of people fill out predictive brackets for fun or for betting, don the clothing of their alma mater (or favorite school), and cheer for their team to be the one to cut down the nets at the end of it all. Come on in and join the fun!

The Bracket

FrDc1tCWAAMo9QT

Famiboards Bracket Challenge

Here is our group page where you can fill out and submit a bracket! We will be offering a badge to anyone who participates in the contest, with a special badge for whoever scores the highest in our group! Brackets will be available for submission once the team selections have been announced.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I hope we have some sports fans here that will participate! Good luck, and here's to a great tournament!

Last edited:
Hell yeah, looking forward to this, even though the hometown team (YSU) petered out in the Horizon League tournament after a great regular season.

How are you feeling about selections tomorrow?
1 line should be Kansas, Bama, Houston, and Purdue. I think Marquette sneaks up to the 2 line after beating Xavier.

As for Illinois. Just give then a double digit seed and let them get killed in the first round.

1 line should be Kansas, Bama, Houston, and Purdue. I think Marquette sneaks up to the 2 line after beating Xavier.

As for Illinois. Just give then a double digit seed and let them get killed in the first round.
Ironically, this will be the season Illinois doesn't bow out early. Just watch!

Exciting day ahead. Last night, Kansas and UCLA both went down in their conference tournaments, and today, Houston, Alabama, and Purdue all play. Could be interesting to see how everything plays out for final seeding selections later tonight. I think Alabama, Kansas, Houston, and Purdue are all relatively safe in the 1 seeds barring a last minute embarrassment, in which case UCLA or maybe Texas gets the bid.

Crazy end to these tournaments. Lots of top line teams going down at the end. Wonder if that moves them any. Not that it really matters for the first 2 rounds for these teams. Purdue guaranteed on the top line for sure now @WestEgg

Crazy end to these tournaments. Lots of top line teams going down at the end. Wonder if that moves them any. Not that it really matters for the first 2 rounds for these teams. Purdue guaranteed on the top line for sure now @WestEgg
Definitely a stressful end, we are lousy against the press. Though hats off to Penn State, they're gonna bust some brackets in the tourney. Time for selections! Guessing Houston's loss means Alabama gets the overall #1 seed, Purdue might move up to the second overall with Houston, Kansas, and UCLA all losing.

I'm just thinking back to the times on another website where I would rack up 200 or so posts a day the first weekend of the tournament because I was constantly posting scoring updates and start times for games. 😅

My strategy last year was to go all in on the Big Ten, and it backfired, This year, I'm doing the exact opposite! How can it go wrong?

Finished my Bracket!

I've got Purdue, Virginia, Kansas, and Texas in the Final Four, Championship game is Purdue v Texas.

(Yes, I'm a gigantic homer)

That was a wide open shot at the end. He could not of had a cleaner shot.

March madness has arrived.

Things really start moving today. Thanks to everyone who filled a bracket and is participating, good luck!

Final four is Gonzaga, Texas, Alabama, and Marquette. I hope 50% of that is wrong!

Also hope that Illinois isn't a total embarrassment this year...

Final four is Gonzaga, Texas, Alabama, and Marquette. I hope 50% of that is wrong!

Also hope that Illinois isn't a total embarrassment this year...
Watch this be the year Gonzaga wins it considering they aren’t as deep as they have been and are seeded a little lower than usual.

As a Purdue fan I have a lot of empathy towards Gonzaga. If Purdue doesn’t go the distance, they’re a team I wouldn’t mind seeing do it.

Literally my entire philosophy behind having them go the distance.
Definitely my favorite team since my aunt had season tickets when they were just breaking out so have followed them since the Casey Calvary days. Just an amazing story even today. Sort of pathetic how bad Washington is considering Seattle/Tacoma metro is maybe a top 5 area for high school recruits. The talent here is next level but that team hasn’t been anything since the mid 2000s so the kids all leave the state.

On my morning drive today, there was a bluegrass song that came on titled, “West Virginia”. I think we know who is winning this game.

WV also has a player from Tacoma and he scored the first points of the tournament. So that’s cool.

I’m at work so I won’t be able to watch the games right now, but I’ve got a tab open for ESPN to keep an eye on things.

Definitely my favorite team since my aunt had season tickets when they were just breaking out so have followed them since the Casey Calvary days. Just an amazing story even today. Sort of pathetic how bad Washington is considering Seattle/Tacoma metro is maybe a top 5 area for high school recruits. The talent here is next level but that team hasn’t been anything since the mid 2000s so the kids all leave the state.
I definitely have a soft spot for them. Their progress from plucky, consistent mid major to honorary blue blood has been remarkable. Would love to see them cut down the nets to once and for all silence the naysayers.

Seven minute cold stretch for Maryland? They are not dispelling the notion of the Big Ten being frauds.

I know Tony Bennett did win a championship, but is there a more disappointing coach out there when it comes tournament time? Almost always bounced immediately

Back
Top Bottom