• A new Metroid event is now active. Come join the fun over in Aurc's thread!

StarTopic Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak |ST| What is a hunter? A miserable little pile of carts

the gameplay mechanic alterations are pretty cool, but disappointed by the monsters.
Chaotic was inevitable ever since we saw Gore and Shagaru in the game. Risen Teo and Kush just seem meh... The previous TU was so cool because Cham/Teo/Kush have always been seen as a trio, but Cham always seems to get neglected, so seeing him get a variant was so exciting! Then they just copy and pasted that module over to Teo and Kush, and eh... can't say I'm all too excited.
In saying that, I haven't played TU2 yet, and I probably wont play Sunbreak again until TU4, or even 5 release, so when I do get back into playing I'll have a tonne of new monsters, so this disappointing set doesn't really bother me in hindsight.

As for those plush layered weapons, just give them to us for free god damn it. I do think Capcom is being a little greedy by charging for those, they know they're going to be popular. they're already charging a shit tonne for (cosmetic) DLC add-ons, just throw us a bone and give us the one people actually want for free.

PixelKnight

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
i quite like the anomaly quests as the difficulty slowly increases with them. 200 is a bit of a grind though…

Ahmed

Like Like
I love Sunbreak and it’s still my GOTY but these updates are just not it. 3 monsters, 2 of which fight the exact same way as their base form for 75% of the fight, and another reskin in Chaotic Gore Magala. I miss Iceborn updates where we could get completely new monsters that weren’t reskins like Rajang, Safiijiva, Alatreon, and Fatalis. At least the quest rewards from events seem improved in this update, but I still wish some gave new weapons like the ones in World and Iceborne. Does anyone care about new gestures or titles?
100% agree. Post launch support for MH games has been on a decline since gen 5. We'll never get the same support as with MH4 and MHG.

And the post launch monsters are all disappointing. They're really fun, but we've been there. Wouldn't hurt for them to add new monsters. I'm not expecting MHGU amount of monsters, but this is too little.

And one of the biggest disappointments is how Capcom is going full mtx on this series. Hairstyles and voices is one thing, but all these layered gear should be included for free.

Bonejack

The Ancient One
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof. Anomaly rank 122 Flaming Espinas wiped out my team in seconds with its explosion move. Lessons learned!

Ahhh Espinas, my old Nemesis. Dunno why, but i both hate this thing and always have problems with it. This fucker is totally a side evolution of Rathalos, where the MonHun universe god thought "How about i create a total asshole?".

Definitely not looking forward to an anomaly one, after not looking forward to Flaming Espinas, after not looking forward to regular MR Espinas.

PixelKnight

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
Man when he does that two step stomp you know the nuke is coming. 1st time it happened caught me off guard. I was like, what’s he doing? Then booom! Oblivion
Yeah he caught the team I was with against a wall with nowhere to run. We all were all too busy blocking, dodging or recovering, and by the time he was up on his hind legs getting ready to nuke us, we all only got as far as the edge of the explosion before we were all wiped near simultaneously. Hilarious really :D

AxkilAvenger

Cappy
Pronouns
He/him
Yeah he caught the team I was with against a wall with nowhere to run. We all were all too busy blocking, dodging or recovering, and by the time he was up on his hind legs getting ready to nuke us, we all only got as far as the edge of the explosion before we were all wiped near simultaneously. Hilarious really :D
Lol at least you all went to the other side together

PixelKnight

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
See, this is why you always should have an Insect Glaive user in the team. We can use the weapon moves to bail out of dire situations!
I’m still a bit miffed that i can’t use Guard Up to just wait it out as a lancer like I do almost everything else, it goes straight through it. Quick evasions really aren’t what I’m good at!

PixelKnight

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
Picked up an anomaly quest of a level 130 Gore Magala, with its random factor being a max of two hunters. That was fun, me and a stranger vs the thing in a battle that raged all over the jungle. Eventually had Crimson Glow Valstrax rock up as a wandering monster too, which was a cool change of pace to ride that for a bit!

I was on the train home yesterday and thought I’d try the same quest again with followers- interestingly, that restriction of ‘max 2 hunters’ doesn’t apply to followers if you make it a single player quest, so I took in Fugen and Fiorayne. At one point it was badly injured and went back to the temple to sleep. I ran up to it, about to wake it up with a stab to the face. And Fugen says ‘watch out for a change in behaviour’. I like to imagine my hunter looks at him and says ‘what, like waking up?’ :D

Top Bottom