• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to see lots of insane new skills and meaty endgame content. And of course, new Monsters and many returning favorites, specifically Gore and Steve.

Cannot wait. Hoping for Gore Magala & Lagiacrus to be shown, but I'll be happy regardless. Love me some MH Rise :)

+1 +∞

CRSchDPXAAAmprg

I would a demo please. Or Lagi. I don’t really care, I am just excited for new info!

As usual the trailer at the start will have the good stuff, the rest of the stream will be re-explaining everything

Seregios, magnificent

Malzeno the vampire elder dragon is cool too.

Single player quests with NPC followers!

Follower quests are great because I doubt the 2 friends I played the base game with are getting Sunbreak, unfortunately. I can pretend I have friends!

Followers lets you bring a ton of Elgado NPCs as well as Hinoa/Minoto and a few others from Kamura (crossing my fingers for Utsushi)

Man I would've loved this in 4U, I adored the NPCs in that one

We have been begging for the ability decline Wyvern Rides for awhile; really stoked they listened on that front.

The Switch Skill Swap stuff seems REALLY powerful, but I'm excited to try it out in hopes it fixes the weird metagaming issues that really hurt Rise's balance. Really happy with just those 2 things alone.

So is this expansion just one new area to hunt in so far? I have no experience with MH expansions so is that what should be expected?

Capcom sucks at this digital EVENT thing.

What's worse, they suck at the "Let's forget about Almudron, pretend it never existed, and, FOR SURE, not make a subspecies of it" thing, too!

STEVE!!!!! YEEESSSS!!!

WHAT, Switch skill swap on the fly??? This is insane!!!

But damn, these events are so short like half of it is ALWAYS repeating product info...

Still, Sunbreak is looking really freaking good.

Capcom sucks at this digital EVENT thing.

What's worse, they suck at the "Let's forget about Almudron, pretend it never existed, and, FOR SURE, not make a subspecies of it" thing, too!

I don't like how they often (always?) end with the product information. They should end with a "and one more thing" announcement.

My boy Steve is in, that's the highlight of the showcase.

I should have learned by now that these showcases are underwhelming, but I keep expecting more lol. That's on me...

I really hope they're just saving most stuff for the full release (if we didn't have precedent with G versions/Iceborne, I would be concerned by now), because so far they barely revealed many new stuff. Next time I'll just watch the trailer and then bail out. I'm getting this day 1 anyway.

Also no demo? They're just releasing videos again showing the new silkbind and Switch skills? I guess weapon movesets won't get changes like in Iceborne.

Besides Steve, the best news is that basically we got real time STYLE SWITCHING in Monster Hunter, now. Between that, and the Rasta-like NPC companions joining you, it really seems like RiseBreak is truly the successor to Frontier's legacy.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is setting the stage for World's successor to just introduce NPC companions that can join your Hunts at any time, from the jump. It just seems like the last big thing that Capcom could crib from MH's numerous rivals from the last decade.

I really hope they're just saving most stuff for the full release (if we didn't have precedent with G versions/Iceborne, I would be concerned by now), because so far they barely revealed many new stuff. Next time I'll just watch the trailer and then bail out. I'm getting this day 1 anyway.

What did they hold back for Iceborne? I didn't follow that game's information roll out. I'd actually prefer them to keep most new monsters a secret, but I wanna know about any gameplay changes, modes, features and I'm getting a bit worried on that front. Switch Skill Swap and Follower quests are a good start, but tell me about your plan for Rampages and/or their replacement, Capcom, please. Is there precedent for not revealing whatever this expansion's vision for end-game / grinding content are gonna look like?

The direction and editing of these presentations is sooo bad lol
Not much info imo, the swap skill thing is cool, but they only showed one New monster (and I don't really like Steve...)

I hope we'll get more returning monsters, so far it's not really thrilling...

What did they hold back for Iceborne? I didn't follow that game's information roll out. I'd actually prefer them to keep most new monsters a secret, but I wanna know about any gameplay changes, modes, features and I'm getting a bit worried on that front. Switch Skill Swap and Follower quests are a good start, but tell me about your plan for Rampages and/or their replacement, Capcom, please. Is there precedent for not revealing whatever this expansion's vision for end-game / grinding content are gonna look like?
I meant that we have precedent with Iceborne that the expansion will have tons of new content, so I'm not concerned despite the lackluster showcases. But they really need to show more imo.

I haven't followed Iceborne pre release either, but I do remember it got a demo/beta very close to release. But I don't know if that was the only demo it had.
So if we're not getting a demo now, I think it'll be next month.

I wish they would go on and post Malzeno’s theme in full. The snippets are like dangling a delicious snack in my face and then snatching it away and then throwing salt in my eyes as they run off.

Thank goodness we can finally choose not to mount a monster. Was one of the big issues with Rise

Followers is something I think this series really needed. It was weird how our Hunter was the only Hunter who ever did anything in World when Astera is filled with hunters. Hope we can recruit Yomogi and her bowgun.

Switch skill swap looks really cool but will probably be really broken. Long Sword now gets both Soaring Kick AND Sakura Slash? Damn. Though Hammers being able to switch between charge switches is just switchception. And I finally don’t have to chose between Counter Peak Performance and Axe Hopper for Charge Blade!

I'm surprised they didn't end the presentation with a new/returning monster tease. They showed Astalos in the previous one.

Despite the fact that the presentation is simply a trailer and then a 10 min explanation of what was in the trailer - I’m still excited. The follower quests seems like fun, and the Switch Skill Swap seems interesting and cool to use. Wonder how it will all balance out gameplay wise. Here’s hoping that certain weapons and skills don’t become too OP.

Steve and Astalos are two of my favorite monsters so I'm not too mad about the selection so far but I'm expecting more obviously, I'm fairly sure we'll get that anyways. All G-rank expansions get a bunch of subspecies it's how they pad out the roster size.

System changes sound good so far, wyvern riding being a toggle is good and the best thing about the trailer for me, skill swap sounds really cool if it's not too broken, either way you now get to pretend you're Dante which is dope. NPC quests are cute and I hope they have some interesting lore or dynamics going on.

I'm somewhat hopeful Rampage is being sidelided because it (or a replacement) hasn't been mentioned at all so far, I hope it ends up just being optional quests you can do if you're into it.

Still looking for some kind of endgame grind/thing to do but more postgame support could kind of solve that by itself.

It's pretty obvious they aren't announcing the full monster lineup.

I'm stoked for the QoL changes! Simple run up walls and skill swap are gonna be huge.

Amazing stuff. Looking forward to release and the June event!

Which monsters we will get and such. Iceborn also only had 17 monsters at launch and got more later. So I am looking forward to the rest :)

Amazing stuff. Looking forward to release and the June event!

Which monsters we will get and such. Iceborn also only had 17 monsters at launch and got more later. So I am looking forward to the rest :)
Reading this has made me realize how much I miss the 3ds days , but at least now we don't have to wait for a Ultimate version to release in Japan so 1 year later we get it in the West.

I cant believe i own so many of Monster Hunter Games and i play for a few minutes then stopped because i didnt get it

I know if i get into this i will love them URGHHH, i gotta try it this weekend!!!

Its like Xenoblade and i left it till it was released on switch and now it being one of my favourite games, what a waste of missing out on the previous games

Being able to take other characters with you on quests is super cool, can't wait to go hunting with Minoto and Hinoa, as well the new folks from Elgado.

Aurora Somnacanth and Magma Almudron seem like fresh and cool subspecies as opposed to just a slightly tweaked pallette swap which is nice, and I'm intrigued to dig into the new Switch Skills.

Nifty touches like being able to keep attacking a mountable monster without riding or swapping Switch Skills on the fly (especially the new evade that comes with the latter) sound like they'll add up to an even more satisfying hunting experience.

In short, I am hyped and June 30th can't come soon enough!

This is just a random theory I have but I think Lagi is going to be one of the big returning monsters they promote for MHW2.

Don't really care too much because it's always been a pretty mid fight

STILL NO LAGI
I think Lagi will either be shown in the next event. I think we get a Free Title Update with Gore, because I think adding Gore in the 'Base' version of Sunbreak will overshadow other monsters too much, it being a monsters in similar vein as Valstrax or the other Elder Dragons makes more sense. I can see him join with for example Vaal Hazak and perhaps Velkhana, Nergigante or Namielle.

EDIT:

I can see next event showing us: Lagi, Sub-species Magnamalo, Sub-Species Goss Harag, Sub-Species Tetradon

I think Sub Species Magnamalo will be something based on the Citadel, Goss Harag on the Flooded Forest and Tetradon on the Sandy Plains :p. Then we also get Lagi + Zamtrios and when the game is released we found out a few new returning ones like Tetsucabra.

Yeah, I can dream.

Last edited:
I juts hope that there is enough new content from the get go and I don't have to wait for them to dripfeed every single
moster over the coming month.
I wanna deepdive into the game for a few weeks and then go and play something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom