• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that Aksonom set looks really classy. The last one did too, I still use it as a skin sometimes.

Whelp, I finally went back into rise and finished all the new, er 'new' event quests from bloodbath Diablo to now.

Our newest generation is really getting good.

Was able to clear nearly everything with randos within 3 attempts.

Only had to Solo Super disgruntled Valstrax.

Now there is nothing but to wait for sunbreak.

Will probably do some super chill no maps expidition rooms in the meantime.

The official YouTube posted a few new videos, one showing off the new area, the other demoing a hunt with Garangolm.

The official YouTube posted a few new videos, one showing off the new area, the other demoing a hunt with Garangolm.

The Citadel looks great! It's huge and looks very diverse. The castle ruins part just screams for Gore and Shagaru Magala to return.

Damn the citadel looks so good. I wonder if that and the guiding lands are building up to an open world entry, or at least seamless world

The Citadel looks fantastic, probably the best map in the game so far, and I say that as someone who loves Sandy Plains and Flooded Forest. The look, variety and atmosphere is really on point. I'm really tempted to watch the tour video but I think I'll wait to explore it myself.

Garangolm looks like a fun fight too. Really, from everything they've down so far Sunbreak is shaping up to be something very special.

Citadel looks great, but I was hoping at least 1 more map from some previous entry, like the Jungle from MH 2/GU.
I wonder if they'll add another map. Didn't Iceborne only add 2 maps? 1 that was similar to the Citadel with different types of landscapes and another one if I recall.
They'll probably do the same here.

I wonder if they'll add another map. Didn't Iceborne only add 2 maps? 1 that was similar to the Citadel with different types of landscapes and another one if I recall.
They'll probably do the same here.
Iceborne had Hoarfrost Reach as the big new area that fit the theme of the expansion and then the Guiding Lands which was an endgame only area with lots of biomes kind of like the citadel, it also expanded with new additions to the game and had it's own unique mechanics.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Citadel is the only real new map (excluding arena maps for fights like Alatreon etc) because we haven't seen a different one yet but who knows. Not necessarily a bad thing either if the Citadel is a good map with variety.

I don't know if they've ever done this, but it'd be sick if they also expanded the existing maps with new segments. Not sure what the in-story justification for such a thing would be in this case though since we're going to a new land, but fuck it

Iceborne had Hoarfrost Reach as the big new area that fit the theme of the expansion and then the Guiding Lands which was an endgame only area with lots of biomes kind of like the citadel, it also expanded with new additions to the game and had it's own unique mechanics.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Citadel is the only real new map (excluding arena maps for fights like Alatreon etc) because we haven't seen a different one yet but who knows. Not necessarily a bad thing either if the Citadel is a good map with variety.
Ah, thanks! I have never played in any of those maps, so I wasn't sure.
So there is a chance we have the Citadel as the main expansion map and perhaps another one specifically for endgame/G rank in Sunbreak.

Honestly I would like multiple new maps. Sure, the Citadel looks to be multiple maps in 1, but older MH games had far more maps in the G rank expansions. We'll see..

I don't know if they've ever done this, but it'd be sick if they also expanded the existing maps with new segments. Not sure what the in-story justification for such a thing would be in this case though since we're going to a new land, but fuck it
I've barely touched Iceborne, but I think they've added a part in one of Iceborne's maps in a patch. I need to look it up to be sure though.

Updates seems to be coming in full force now, which is great. The trailers always describe Sunbreak as massive, so I was getting worried. Come one Capcom, where is my boy Jho!

Citadel looks great, but I was hoping at least 1 more map from some previous entry, like the Jungle from MH 2/GU.
They've continuously referred to the Citadel as "one of" the maps coming in Sunbreak, so I'd hope it's not the only one

That being said, they could be referring to arenas

Game is looking real good. Hope we get another monster reveal soon
Monsters are great, but I'm actually more interested in the endgame grind.

Once it was more or less perfected after a few updates, Guiding Lands was a fun time. And at least it always seemed like you could be working towards something.

Hoping the Rise team can have similar or better.

Hey guys, so my Rise copy is still basically untouched (done the tutorial and a couple missions, less than 2h of gameplay). Should I wait for Sunbreak at this point and play all of it together? I have no idea how expansions like Iceborn for MHW work, I only remember the G releases, does the new content become part of the main game with new fixes/QoL updates?

Hey guys, so my Rise copy is still basically untouched (done the tutorial and a couple missions, less than 2h of gameplay). Should I wait for Sunbreak at this point and play all of it together? I have no idea how expansions like Iceborn for MHW work, I only remember the G releases, does the new content become part of the main game with new fixes/QoL updates?

If it's like Iceborne for MHW there's not much of a point in waiting because most of the content is "post-game" so to speak.

You have to play through Rise to get to Sunbreak. So it is good to start now. Don't feel rushed either as you have plenty of time to finish the main quests and get to HR 100 to be able to get all the monsters unlocked. If you like to go quicker trough all the games then there is catch up armor available to help you out. I am playing occasionally still so if you want some help let me know.

That said I think this video is also helpful for people that want to start with the series:

Honestly I’d crack on with Sunbreak. There will inevitably be QoL/weapon balance changes retroactively applied to MHR when Sunbreak is installed, but it’s also a hell of a lot of content in the main MHR campaigns. Carrying forward all the experience and items from fighting monsters and learning their patterns is what will help you the most in G-rank, not a handful of mechanical changes.

Monsters are great, but I'm actually more interested in the endgame grind.

Once it was more or less perfected after a few updates, Guiding Lands was a fun time. And at least it always seemed like you could be working towards something.

Hoping the Rise team can have similar or better.
Yeah I imagine they realized the main complaint with Rise is endgame content and are working to correct that

Join us for exciting reveals of new gameplay info, monsters and more, in the next Monster Hunter Rise: #Sunbreak Digital Event!

📅 May 10
🕒 7:00 PDT / 15:00 BST
🎤 Presented by Director Yoshitake Suzuki
📺 Twitch.tv/MonsterHunter

For how lite these generally are, I don't think they need to announce them 12 days in advance. Either way, I'll be tuning in and hope they show some cool stuff.

Yeah, I’m hoping they’ll show off the return of some more of peoples favourite monsters, plus some new wirebug skills.

There will likely be another one before launch too, I think

Neat. I keep meaning to get back into Rise, but at this point I'll probably just wait until Sunbreak releases.

The last one showed off one new monster and one returning so probably expect the same thing.

Hopefully they show a bit more than last time.

It's time yet again to hope for Tetsucabra, Gore/Shagaru, Seregios, Glavenus, Lagiacrus and Seltas duo.

With this happening only a month and a half before Sunbreak launches, I have to wonder if this is the last showcase before launch. I hope they show a lot, as I still feel like we don’t know too much about what’s new here.

That’s said I also hope they don’t reveal EVERYTHING the game has to offer, like they kinda did with base Rise. Would love to be surprised when I actually play the game.

I'm really excited for this, this release is making me wanting to learn how to get better on MHR to better enjoy all the new things in this update, and maybe even try a new weapon (I'm still a basic sword+shield player, anything else feels kind of alien to me).

Super keen for the next Sunbreak "direct", nice to have a date in May to look forward to! :)

So far everything they've shown of the expansion looks every bit as excellent as the base game, I preordered after the last digital event.
As cool as it is to see old Monsters like Astalos make a return, I'm personally more excited for all new ones. Garangolm, Lunagaron, and Malzeno are all awesome so far.

My only concern is that I hope Sunbreak isn't too difficult for me to enjoy. For those who played Iceborne, how was the difficulty compared to World's High Rank and base Rise?

Super keen for the next Sunbreak "direct", nice to have a date in May to look forward to! :)

So far everything they've shown of the expansion looks every bit as excellent as the base game, I preordered after the last digital event.
As cool as it is to see old Monsters like Astalos make a return, I'm personally more excited for all new ones. Garangolm, Lunagaron, and Malzeno are all awesome so far.

My only concern is that I hope Sunbreak isn't too difficult for me to enjoy. For those who played Iceborne, how was the difficulty compared to World's High Rank and base Rise?
Iceborne is much more difficult than base World and Rise by quite a lot, though nothing insurmountable. If you can do the post-launch content like Arch-Tempered monsters or the Emergency Apex quests in Rise then you'll be fine because those are generally harder way than most base G-rank quests.

At launch Iceborne was definitely harder than base World, but not too difficult that I didn’t still love it. However the DLC Iceborne monsters were absolutely brutal. I’ve still never solo’d Raging Brachydios, Furious Rajang, or Alatreon, and I never even attempted Fatalis.

I think with the wirebugs Sunbreak will be inherently be easier than Iceborne due to the new mobility you have.

Apparently Sunbreak is 13 GB? Base game was 10.5 GB after all the updates. Sounds like it’s pretty chunky.

Some Iceborne monsters were waaay too persistent, i.e. had too much health/took too long to hunt imo. MH's perfect loop consists of hunts around 15 mins, but when I need 25+ mins to kill Brachydios, I quickly lose the energy and motivation to keep going. That's also why I've never finished Iceborne.

If Sunbreak ends up closer to Rise base game than Iceborne in that regard, then I'll gladly take it.

Woah hey, I might be able to watch this before work if I'm well in the morning and able to get up and about quickly.

The Fated 4 need to be reunited.

I just hope they can surprise us with something unexpected. I don't think they'll show everything about the expansion, they might save that for a summer presentation. But I'm still hyped! More gen 4 monsters pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom