• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could have been a trailer in the February direct lol

They provided no info outside of the trailer that couldn’t have bern inferred from the trailer itself.

Not going to lie, this could have easily been a single trailer at February Direct. Half this presentation was literally repeating all the information from the last couple of months.

Now, onto the trailer itself, that was definitely good. Love the new monsters and I'm really happy we got Astalos back too! Those wirebugs look crazy as ever and it seems we can attach our wirebugs onto the Monsters and pull ourselves or pull them.

I also love the theme.

Another thing I noticed, when we saw the ice wolf, we speculated that the background was a new ice locale turns out it's the same locale as Elgado, it seems extremely massive and has regions in it self? Like ice mountains, lava areas and greenery.

1 last thing...it comes out June 30th. 1 week after Fire Emblem Three Hopes and AI Nirvana ffs lol.

Welcome back, darling
astalos-monster-hunter.gif
Bring the dinosaur and the mammoth back and have a grand ol’ reunion.

Those wirebugs look crazy as ever and it seems we can attach our wirebugs onto the Monsters and pull ourselves or pull them.
Saw a streamer go to the website and that is apparently a special spider endemic life you pick up, rather than the new functionality for basic wirebugs.

3 Switch games in June I want.... oof, might have to pick up Strikers later (it'll probably be better with updates anyways). So happy Astalos is back!

Not going to lie, this could have easily been a single trailer at February Direct. Half this presentation was literally repeating all the information from the last couple of months.

Now, onto the trailer itself, that was definitely good. Love the new monsters and I'm really happy we got Astalos back too! Those wirebugs look crazy as ever and it seems we can attach our wirebugs onto the Monsters and pull ourselves or pull them.

I also love the theme.

Another thing I noticed, when we saw the ice wolf, we speculated that the background was a new ice locale turns out it's the same locale as Elgado, it seems extremely massive and has regions in it self? Like ice mountains, lava areas and greenery.

1 last thing...it comes out June 30th. 1 week after Fire Emblem Three Hopes and AI Nirvana ffs lol.
I agree this could have been a single trailer, they didn't show enough for it to warrant a 20 minutes presentation. But they've been doing this for a while, seems like they're not that great with these presentations.

The wirebugs that are attached on the monster are most likely from the marionette spider they showed in the showcase, it's a new endemic life.

You mean the Citadel? Elgado is the new hub town. They showed the name of Citadel in the top left corner when they showed those locales. I am curious as well, the way they showed it seems like the Citadel will have all these different regions in 1. Is it a super huge map, or is the Citadel just a collective name for the locales in this expansion?

The release date also isn't that ideal. June is packed, but I'm still happy is coming out sooner than expected. Sunbreak and Splatoon are the only games I'm buying this year. I promised myself I wouldn't buy more games until I work on my backlog lol.

Great to see Astalos come back. <3

So the third new monster is based on a golem? My bet would have been a mummy.

Wonder if Fatalis is gonna be the final boss again with the castle theme being there and stuff. Super glad Astalos is back, wonder if they could make Gammoth work somehow but if not I hope they bring Glavenus back from Iceborne too.

I agree this could have been a single trailer, they didn't show enough for it to warrant a 20 minutes presentation. But they've been doing this for a while, seems like they're not that great with these presentations.

The wirebugs that are attached on the monster are most likely from the marionette spider they showed in the showcase, it's a new endemic life.

You mean the Citadel? Elgado is the new hub town. They showed the name of Citadel in the top left corner when they showed those locales. I am curious as well, the way they showed it seems like the Citadel will have all these different regions in 1. Is it a super huge map, or is the Citadel just a collective name for the locales in this expansion?

The release date also isn't that ideal. June is packed, but I'm still happy is coming out sooner than expected. Sunbreak and Splatoon are the only games I'm buying this year. I promised myself I wouldn't buy more games until I work on my backlog lol.
Yeah I just rewatched the trailer and I meant the Citadel lol. It seems a very large map with essentially 3 environments which matches the 3 lords theme.

I'm praying that Splatoon comes out END of July earliest (please). I need time to complete all these games lmao.

It's Frankenstein's Monster.

The Three Lords are a Vampire, a Werewolf and Frankenstein's Monster.
I don't know much about Western yokai, but the name suggests to me it's a golem? But you could be right. I don't know what a frankenstein monster can do.
A shame that Sunbreak will just be a digital code but that's just how it is.
Yeah, it sucks. I'm 99% sure it's because of cart costs.
Yeah I just rewatched the trailer and I meant the Citadel lol. It seems a very large map with essentially 3 environments which matches the 3 lords theme.

I'm praying that Splatoon comes out END of July earliest (please). I need time to complete all these games lmao.
Yeah, you're right. It could be themed around the 3 lords.

Yeah, i hope Splatoon comes out at the end of the month as well. Though it doesn't matter much, they're games I could both play by switching between them.

I can't memorize monster names like you people, but it's gonna be nice to see that green dragon from Generations in modern graphics.

Garangolm looks like one of those Shadow of the Colossus monsters. Always wanted to slay one of those without climbing on it.

Shouldn't a Frankenstein's Monster look like it's made with parts of other monsters and look more dead? He should be undead as fuck! ;)

This and Cuphead dlc on my birthday! 🥳

Now Just give me some TMNT game(s) release dates and I’m all set!

Ok, now I'm actually starting to get kind of excited.

That new ape design is fucking great, and we really needed an ape skeleton to be added to Rise. Honestly, it's like a Shadow of the Colossus monster being put into Monster Hunter, only the design is actually visually distinct.

Awesome!

That new ape design is fucking great, and we really needed an ape skeleton to be added to Rise. Honestly, it's like a Shadow of the Colossus monster being put into Monster Hunter, only the design is actually visually distinct.

Awesome!
We already had rajang though. Or does it use some other skeleton I'm not aware of

We already had rajang though. Or does it use some other skeleton I'm not aware of
Yeah that's true. I guess I was thinking more big boi apes tho, if that makes sense? Like rajang does use the ape skeleton so you can ignore the skeleton part, but for me the funnest apes are the big boys, that's what I usually associate that class with

Awesome!
It's an existing skeleton, they said Garangolm is a fanged beast.
Correct. Garangolm is a fanged beast, just like Rajang. And Rajang uses Blagonga and Congalala skeleton, also fanged beasts.

The wiki hasn't added Garangolm to this list.

But if you check its own page, you'll see the fanged beast classification.

Edit: Never mind, it is already on the list!
I also forgot to mention there are multiple skeletons for fanged beasts, but Garangolm seems to be similar to Rajang and Congalala. And less like Arzuros and Lagombi, which have a different skeleton.

I played a lot of base MHRise and I'm not sure if I want to get into it again, but the new monsters look kinda cool. I wonder what gameplay changes the expansion will have though.

Here comes a bs theory. It would be cool if Malzeno and Lunagaron get buffed at night when the moon shows up. But what if the moon is actually an Elder Dragon and we have to fight it... in a Rampage.

Great presentation. Also interesting they already talked about potential free updates. I feel like this title updates will have more monsters as well? Sunbreak is going to be good.

Also Garangolm is almost certainly based on a Golem. I main it is in the name :p

This looks freaking incredible.

Monster Hunter Rise is already one of my favourite games in years, and looks to build on everything that made it so amazing.

The new monsters meet the series' high standard for brilliant design that walks a fine balance between fantastical and believable, the new map having multiple themed areas sounds like a great new addition, the new characters seem likeable and charming, not having to wirebug to wall run is a welcome QoL update, and I cannot wait to try out the new switch skills and endemic life.

So far, I like everything I see. And it still feel so, sooo good to get the deluxe treatment from a third party on a Nintendo platform.

Bring it on.

Hella hyped for this and I wanted preorders to go live so I could get it, but after seeing the prices I'm kind of... unsure

Rise is $79.95AUD on the eShop (currently on sale for $53.30AUD), but you can buy a physical copy of Rise for $69AUD, and the Sunbreak DLC is on the eShop for $60AUD ($75AUD for the deluxe edition)... Buying it digitil, it's basically the exact same price as a physical game here. If I'm paying that much for the DLC I'd rather just buy a physical copy to nab the box art and then sell the extra copy of Rise on eBay or something...

I really need to get back to this game. Played a bunch on release for like a few months but then dropped it as it was taking so much of game time over other games and I also hit a bit of a wall later on.

A shame that Sunbreak will just be a digital code but that's just how it is.

I want it all physical, Capcom!
A code wont cut it.
A physical collectors edition is coming to NA according to the website

product_img09.png

Doesn't seem to be coming to Europe/UK. They seem to be getting a bundle of Rise + a download code for Sunbreak, but the game case is the new Sunbreak art

product_img03-3.png

Last edited:
A physical collectors edition is coming to NA according to the website

product_img09.png

Doesn't seem to be coming to Europe/UK. They seem to be getting a bundle of Rise + a download code for Sunbreak, but the game case is the new Sunbreak art

product_img03-3.png

I don't care about aminos or pins. But I want physical sunbreak, and that steelbook. And I can definitely use those hats. And pants. And really the whole outfit. Hope they play well with recoloring.

Wait

"The physical version includes a Nintendo Switch game card for Monster Hunter Rise and a download card for Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak."

So there is no way you can get sunbreak on a cart, no matter what edition you buy?

That's disappointing.

Last edited:
So I fell off Rise well before the end, but liked it enough to be interested in future games. Is Sunbreak like a fresh start? Does my progress in Rise matter?
You have to finish the base game campaign to access sunbreak
For what it's worth, when World added Iceborne they put in new gear that was overpowered and available from the start, to allow newcomers to blast through the base game and get to the expansion quickly. I imagine they'll do something similar for Rise

For what it's worth, when World added Iceborne they put in new gear that was overpowered and available from the start, to allow newcomers to blast through the base game and get to the expansion quickly. I imagine they'll do something similar for Rise

I just checked it out on the Sunbreak website and they added some black belt set. Must be the same thing

I just checked it out on the Sunbreak website and they added some black belt set. Must be the same thing
Yep, it was already in the game and also mentioned in the presentation. There is an armour set, a talisman and weapons (1 for each type, totalling 14 weapons) to forge that help you breeze through the entire game if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom