• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic MILF Manor |ST| Oedipus in Boots

james

continued history of ill-mannered behavior
face it, we all knew we'd fuckin end up here. the cruel, unwavering passage of time was always leading us down this road. reality television shows are trashy, and as more and more trash is shoveled onto our plates, as various parts of our everyday lives inch ever closer to a post capitalist ruin we require more potent garbage to sate our despicable appetites. this show is positively abhorrent; ludicrous in scope and concept. a truly heinous thing to see with your own two eyes

and brothers, sisters, and enby cousins.... i'm here for every goddamned sordid moment of it.

cue the late title card drop baby

milf-manor-cast-photo-1.png

what?: you know what thats a fair question
when?: monday morning at 3AM GMT. Thats sunday night 10pm EST/7pm PST/9pm CT/8pm MT. other time zones are hard, im an american thanks
where?: technically the TLC channel. technically also discovery+ im sure you can find other... methods, if youre diligent. might i recommend google dot com? i believe in you soldier

now... lets meet... the milfs
(i grabbed these images directly from TLC's website so the fact theyre not all formatted the same is canon and absolutely not my fault)

KELLE
1672766069416.jpeg

from california, got like six kids. cant believe shes single (easy to understand why honestly 🙊). real estate broker/personal trainer by day, cougarin' it up by night or whatever.

SHANNAN

1672766062281.jpeg

an event planner from HOTLANTA baby, dropped her husband of 18 years, took a break, dated a 27 year old and realized cougar life was for her. respect.

STEFANY
1672766092134.jpeg

born in peru, lived in LA since she 8, realtor, mom of 3, lookin for love

SOYOUNG
1672766015860.jpeg

a surgical nurse hailing from the beautiful bayou of new orleans, she describes herself as the dominant one in relationships with a taste for men in their 20s.

APRIL
1673026448285.jpeg

an insurance rep from detroit, been divorced for 4 years but its kinda married to her job. will she let loose????????

POLA
1672766038882.jpeg

mexican native, living in miami where she runs a gym with her family. shes been single for nine(!) years and is ready to get back in the game, baby. (editors OP's note: shes my favorite)

CHARLENE
1672766050166.jpeg

another LA transplant, this time from new jersey. has a job in hospitality and recently got out of a toxic marriage.

(the other)APRIL
1672766084830.jpeg

continuing the heavy LA representation april used to be in heavy metal music videos (no i havent looked any up, maybe later) and is a personal trainer now. the tearjerker of the bunch, she was engaged last year but her fiance passed away. 😔

and now... the manors mans

JOEY
1673547005868.jpeg

a bartender in orange county whos studying to get into real estate. lookin for an older woman to help move on from the one serious relationship hes ever had. probably not the healthiest place to do that in, but you know what brother? fuck it, we ball.

RYAN
1673546986038.jpeg

another atlanta native working on his personal music career. no i dont have the soundcloud. maybe i can find it. on the to do list.

BILLY
1673546995385.jpeg

another real estate hopeful from LA (starting to think theres a lot of money in this house selling business. probably bad. who can say. i dont know. off topic. anway...). softspoken, but charming. also apparently packing.

JOSE
1673546946810.jpeg

huh, he lives in miami and works at a gym that his family... owns? that sounds... familiar.... w-wait a minute. WAIT! actually, you know what probably nothing to this. very handsome dude this one, he also works as a mexican television host as he's fluent in both spanish and english.

JIMMY
1673546961465.jpeg

another LA resident, he served in the army for 4 years. that sucks! now he's a model and an actor. that sucks a lot less! homeboy's tinder profile is set to age 65 so he knows what he's lookin for lmao

RICKY
1673547223371.jpeg

one of our finest boys in blue, and i dont fuckin mean a cop, ricky works a much more valiant job for the US postal service in detroit. huh, thats weird... another son from... from the same city as one of the moms... what gives???

HARRISON
1673546978877.jpeg

college football boy from LA (got a lot of cougars and milf hunters over there huh? i guess it makes sense) got dreams of hitting it big in the NFL and hitting it big with an MILF if you know what i mean. also a former, ahem, "male entertainer." homies gonna bust it down jimmy t body rock wario ware style no doubt.

GABRIEL
1673546953979.jpeg

yo i like this dude but goddamn does he dress a bit like a third rate mid 00s magician (google criss angel. or dont. up to you. i dont really recommend it). dudes a singer in a band with his twin brother and dad that regularly preforms on sunset blvd. thats pretty cool. love a family music project. kinda like noted party rockers LMFAO being uncle and nephew.
there are two episodes available for your viewing pleasure as of this posting

Episode 1: MILF Said Knock You Out (1/15/2023)

this episode reveals the TWIST which i hinted at in some of the boys' bios above. i made it kinda obvious, probably. if it didnt click youll know within the first like, 10 minutes of the episode. they play an unhinged game after finding out. a light appetizer for what comes next.

Episode 2: Your MILF Should know (1/22/2023)

things start tumbling down hill at an alarming rate in this episode. one of the contestants has a real existential crisis moment on main. i absolutely do not envy 'em.

Episode 3: Your MILF Dont Dance (1/29/2023)

who the fuck knows whats gonna happen in this, but i'm ready.

oh i guess all those names are takes on song titles. specifically titles with some variation of mom (mama, mother, etc) in the title. you cheeky bastards, i didnt even notice that until now!!!

so.... what say you famiboards. will you take my hand and join me on this depraved journey? im here for you. lets face this cold future together.

I had to come out of Famitirement for this thread. This is quite the reality television program. If you enjoy very trashy reality shows like The Jersey Shore you will have a great time with this one. Pola is great but too protective of her son.

Just popping in here to compliment the fantastic pun in the title, carry on.

typical of american capitalism to exploit and commercialize a wholesome appreciation for milfs

I will of course be tuning in

Do I want to watch this? No.

Will I watch this? ...in shame, and never admit this in public

Do I want to watch this? No.

Will I watch this? ...in shame, and never admit this in public

this is a support group, a safe space for those who wish to gaze upon the carnal delights of our culture. welcome aboard comrade.

Wait, this is an actual thing??

I had seen MILF Manor mentioned on the internet but assumed it was some sort of ongoing meme. The innocence of being European i guess.

Now wondering if Spanish TV will also do a regional spin off like they did with Jersey Shore.

That twist mentioned in the OP sure sounds like it takes this to new levels of trash and schadenfreude.

So far I'm way too invested in Team Jimmy, and I'm hoping Kelle and Joey are tossed off the island sooner rather than later.

I had seen MILF Manor mentioned on the internet but assumed it was some sort of ongoing meme. The innocence of being European i guess.

Now wondering if Spanish TV will also do a regional spin off like they did with Jersey Shore.

La mansión de las mamás would keep the alliteration.

I guess some TV producer saw one of those "HOT SINGLE MOMS IN YOUR AREA" ads and thought "Say, there's an idea!", huh?

Live footage of the Telecinco representative rushing to get exclusive rights for the adaptation:

the-flash-running.gif

I guess some TV producer saw one of those "HOT SINGLE MOMS IN YOUR AREA" ads and thought "Say, there's an idea!", huh?
Worse than that, this was literally one of those parody shows on 30 Rock years ago and someone decided to sincerely make it a thing.

Almost like if someone saw Funny People and decided to make some of those ridiculous fake Adam Sandler movies that were featured.

Worse than that, this was literally one of those parody shows on 30 Rock years ago and someone decided to sincerely make it a thing.

Almost like if someone saw Funny People and decided to make some of those ridiculous fake Adam Sandler movies that were featured.
To be honest, this really doesn't surprise me; the people that make Reality TV shows always get their inspiration from the weirdest places, like how Reality TV became truly ubiquitous a couple of years after The Truman Show was released, or how one of the most popular shows in the genre is literally called Big Brother. Like, why would you do that!?
what does milf stand for, wrong answers only
Microsoft Is Lying, Folks!

The next time Phil Spencer promises that Call of Duty will remain a multiplatform franchise, expect to hear a bunch of Sony executives in the background screaming "MILF! MILF!" at the top of their lungs.

Charlene is dressed like she's the general manager of WWE RAW and she's just walked out to threaten some poor face with a hellish ordeal over the next month that leads all the way to a title match at Summerslam. Good for her.

all I'm gonna say is why are you on an island dating sex fest with your mom
that is not the group activity I'd want

all I'm gonna say is why are you on an island dating sex fest with your mom
that is not the group activity I'd want

they didnt know, thats the entire spin of the first episode. none of the sons knew their own mom would be there, and none of the moms knew their own son would be there

I mean.... Sure, why not? No bottom to reality tv, let's all experience secondhand the horror of your mom on a reality dating show.

they didnt know, thats the entire spin of the first episode. none of the sons knew their own mom would be there, and none of the moms knew their own son would be there
fair fair,
i would immediately leave

yeah, it has the subtle intrigue and depth I was hoping for
I just love its bold, blatant disregard for our traditional understanding of the Mario lore. A well-crafted shitpost that challenges our notions of what's true, and what's false. It's poetic in its absurdity. At the same time, can such a thoughtful familial subversion on what's historically been a rigid narrative with static characters really be called "absurd"? Good storytellers bring their unique perspectives to the table, reinterpreting the myth through their respective lenses, and breaking through a culture's rote patterns of understanding. For a moment, for just the smallest, most fleeting moment, I truly did believe Mario was Luigi's father... and that short moment was enough. My mind did the rest. It's the following day, and I'm still thinking about that post. I'm returning to this thread just to remark on it properly. Well done, @Awesomegames23. The most expertly crafted art stays with us well beyond the point of initial consumption, and I think "Mario Is Luigi's Father" will stand the test of time.

Back on topic, though: show sounds horrific. I kinda wanna watch the first episode.

I just love its bold, blatant disregard for our traditional understanding of the Mario lore. A well-crafted shitpost that challenges our notions of what's true, and what's false. It's poetic in its absurdity. At the same time, can such a thoughtful familial subversion on what's historically been a rigid narrative with static characters really be called "absurd"? Good storytellers bring their unique perspectives to the table, reinterpreting the myth through their respective lenses, and breaking through a culture's rote patterns of understanding. For a moment, for just the smallest, most fleeting moment, I truly did believe Mario was Luigi's father... and that short moment was enough. My mind did the rest. It's the following day, and I'm still thinking about that post. I'm returning to this thread just to remark on it properly. Well done, @Awesomegames23. The most expertly crafted art stays with us well beyond the point of initial consumption, and I think "Mario Is Luigi's Father" will stand the test of time.
yeah

Can’t wait to watch it tomorrow! The activities have been unhinged

jimmy still absolutely goin through it in this episode :(

edit: well that episode was definitely a bit less unhinged than the last two but uhhhh i guess this is an elimination show of some sort?? :eek:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom