• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Midori - SEGA/ATLUS Leaker Retires Twitter (Update: Midori is returning to Twitter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like it occurred following a blog post from a person on the banned content list venting apparent frustrations regarding sources indirectly linking Midori and themselves; though it’s just as likely that things spiralling out of Midori’s control also played a part.

Guess it really doesn’t pay in the long run either way (either from backstabbings or the public dissemination of things that weren’t intended), but losing sources to this sort of fallout still hurts (and really just reflects poorly on the behaviour of certain individuals who seek personal fame at any cost).

Last edited:
well, at least they retired, and didn't continue to make up shit for years like some other "insiders" after their sources dried up. good for them.

Appreciate all the information they gave us and the posts in general. Thank you. They actually had proper and reliable details as well unlike specific people who keep making up shit and saying they have retired every two weeks but coming back for attention.

Gonna miss the inside look at Atlus. I hope what they said about Persona 2 getting some kinda port/re-release comes true.

I was reminded of this incredible Midori moment

folks gotta relax

Last edited:
I actually never knew who this was until the recent games rumored for Switch 2 and the Sonic Heroes remake rumor yesterday...but if this was one of the good insiders then 🫡

Of course that dipshit is involved in this

I hope I never have to read his name again but that didn't work out last time either

Shame about Midori.

I just don’t understand why other “insiders” want to fudge up another insider. What’s there to gain?

Zippo reason to tolerate him. Bye Midori, probably better to leave while ahead anyway. Leaking is risky for your career. That sonic "fall guys" looks pretty fun.

Apparently.

Now, I don't want to often say this because I usually try to see the best in someone's actions because I believe people are human and make mistakes, but fuck you Zippo.

God this is genuinely the most narcissistic and obnoxious thing I've seen anyone say, especially after everything that happened. Even if he was 100% right on everything I'd be angry, but the dude has gotten three guesses right out of millions.

Moving on from that, God Speed Midori, you were one of the best.

This does not surprise me. Those who know him know he is an attention seeking loser. Him being a little snake is hardly shocking.

Just a shame that someone gets caught up in the crossfire.

So wait, what’s up with this Sonic Heroes remake rumor now? It turned out to be a false rumor from Zippo all along?? I thought Zippo wasn’t the original source?

So wait, what’s up with this Sonic Heroes remake rumor now?
Last I read Midori issued a correction that Sega is considering it, not actively developing it, so it's very very much just a maybe at this stage but it was being circulated as though it was an in-development "leak."

Quoted by: Tye
Last I read Midori issued a correction that Sega is considering it, not actively developing it, so it's very very much just a maybe at this stage but it was being circulated as though it was an in-development "leak."
Oh, damn… But why was it taken seriously by anyone in the first place then if Zippo was the original source? I don’t remember hearing anything about Zippo being the source the other day when the news broke…

Oh, damn… But why was it taken seriously by anyone in the first place then if Zippo was the original source? I don’t remember hearing anything about Zippo being the source the other day when the news broke…
According to some stuff posted up above he wasn't, Midori was, and Zippo simply caught wind of it through mutual friends and posted close to the same time. So by the time it was hitting online articles it was listed as the two of them both as sources, essentially corroborating each other.

But that being said, Zippo is a banned subject here because of the toxicity surrounding him and his history of actively calling out and trash-talking Fami users in his blog, so.. as opinionated as I am about these developments surrounding his beef with Midori, we probably aughta chill.

Zippo and the Sonic community continues to confirm why I hardly ever associate with the Sonic community anymore. Jesus Christ, people...
Some of us are wholesome and nice, but as with all large online fandoms there are definitely uh.. those who make the rest of us look bad 😅

Its gone damn it
Screenshot_20240327_165219_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Zippo and the Sonic community continues to confirm why I hardly ever associate with the Sonic community anymore. Jesus Christ, people...

Not all of us!

But also I don't interact with many on social media about Sonic anyway. I just don't have the patience anymore, good or bad lol.

Some of us are wholesome and nice, but as with all large online fandoms there are definitely uh.. those who make the rest of us look bad 😅

Oh trust me, I know. I largely just talk with some friends that I've met from the community over the years and stick to those conversations largely.

I've just... had 15~ years of experience with the community, which is enough to not participate in larger circles anyone. Sigh...

Not all of us!

But also I don't interact with many on social media about Sonic anyway. I just don't have the patience anymore, good or bad lol.

Most of my experience has been through IRC channels and forums, and oh boy, there's a long, long, LONG, history with the Sonic community that I really REALLY do not want to get into.

This is all completely foreign to me. Did these people, Midori, Pyoro and Zippo, know each other IRL?

To my knowledge, no, but it's just the problem is Zippo tends to stir up trouble (in fact, know someone who has dealt with him before) and some of his fans tend to go after people who try criticizing or in this case, just correcting information.

Most of my experience has been through IRC channels and forums, and oh boy, there's a long, long, LONG, history with the Sonic community that I really REALLY do not want to get into.
Something that I can relate to all too well.

There's some nice memories, and I made some dear friends along the way. But to say there's some of my formative years on the 'net were spent on some very, very unsavory parts of the fandom is an UNDERSTATEMENT.

Death threats are never ok. Regardless of his grift, Zippo getting those is messed up.

With that being said, fuck Zippo. Hope he stubs his toe every morning.

I understand....from the 2000s lol.

Such a shame, her track record was legit.

It’s always sad to see reliable leakers stepping down while the snakes get to keep crawling around these spaces.

Zippo is a loser who has never had a single byte of actual info throughout his entire grift.
And yet there are still people who seemingly believe him. Just goes to show: if you can make one correct guess and pass it off as a "leak", every other guess you ever make can be considered a "reputable leak" as long as you promote it as such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom