• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Microsoft Xbox Discussion |ST|

Tunic and Paradise Killer are huge news, this month just got great!

Excited for this one, a new announcement from the presentation too I think

Anyone know a few easy achievements I could get from recent Game Pass games? Gotta get 3 for weekly quest.

Anyone know a few easy achievements I could get from recent Game Pass games? Gotta get 3 for weekly quest.
The Taiko no Tatsujin rhythm game has a bunch of easy and quick achievements that you can get right away. Simple things like 'Favoriting' a song, viewing the tutorial, viewing the help screen, ect.

Casting a phoenix down on this thread

I picked up an Xbox Series X yesterday. I got it on a whim when looking for a 4K blu ray player and noticed it has been restocked by Amazon. Always knew if there was one other console besides Switch I'd get this "generation" (what even is a generation any more!?) it would be this.

Got it set up last night and installed a few apps. But haven't actually played anything yet. 😅

I'm having trouble with muscle memory and keep quitting apps and menus by mistake. Does anyone find it difficult to flip between Switch and Xbox/PS for this reason? It's worse on Xbox as the controller buttons are labelled with the same letters as Nintendo but reversed.

First impressions is that everything is sooooo fast. Got Game Pass for £1 to try out even though I've got a massive backlog on Switch games to complete...

Casting a phoenix down on this thread

I picked up an Xbox Series X yesterday. I got it on a whim when looking for a 4K blu ray player and noticed it has been restocked by Amazon. Always knew if there was one other console besides Switch I'd get this "generation" (what even is a generation any more!?) it would be this.

Got it set up last night and installed a few apps. But haven't actually played anything yet. 😅

I'm having trouble with muscle memory and keep quitting apps and menus by mistake. Does anyone find it difficult to flip between Switch and Xbox/PS for this reason? It's worse on Xbox as the controller buttons are labelled with the same letters as Nintendo but reversed.

First impressions is that everything is sooooo fast. Got Game Pass for £1 to try out even though I've got a massive backlog on Switch games to complete...

I gotta say that I much prefer the Switch UI to that of the Xbox, but this is the first generation where I’m routinely switching between a four-face-button Xbox layout and four-face-button Nintendo layout and I truly wish that Nintendo switched over to the Xbox button order. I also wish that Microsoft kept the Back and Start labels instead of the two boxes and three lines, though.

I'm always switching between the two controller layouts, and on top of that I use an Xbox controller in place of my pro controller that busted so I get doubly confused constantly lol.

This past weekend I was switching between Tunic and Kirby and for the life of me I could not stop burping up my powers when I was meaning to dodge the bosses in the latter game. :ROFLMAO:

I’m pretty excited I ordered a Series X a few hours ago on Amazon since they didn’t sell out immediately. I got Halo Infinite and Forza last year and will finally be able to play them come Saturday :)

Jesus Christ… as a supporter of this game from day 1, I really can’t defend this. 2 New maps until November. Default Six Month Seasons now after claiming it was a one-time extension. Eugh.

HaloInfinite-2022Roadmap-April.jpg

Jesus Christ… as a supporter of this game from day 1, I really can’t defend this. 2 New maps until November. Default Six Month Seasons now after claiming it was a one-time extension. Eugh.

HaloInfinite-2022Roadmap-April.jpg
The fact that campaign co-op still isn’t dated blows my mind.

Someone bought the relisted (and sadly now again delisted) Forza Horizon? I buy it but I'm not sure if it will be removed of my account 😅 I think I will play and see what happens.

I cannot wait for Xbox’s showcase next week. It feels like they had been riding such a huge hype wave the last couple years that completely stopped after they went radio silent when the Activision deal was announced. It’s weird to see them more or less just shut up these past six months. Can’t wait to see what they have cooking.

Playing the PSO NG anniversary event on XSX is really holding me over.

Same, I am really looking forward to Starfield (I think that's what the Bethesda game is called?) Gameplay.

Bought Sonic adventure 1 and 2 a while ago. Finished Sonic adventure 1 and started 2 recently, noticed that adventure 2 has quick resume and auto HDR (1 only has quick resume) which is great.

Is there any way to know at what resolution these games are running?

Starfield will have four major cities for players to explore, including New Atlantis, which is the biggest that developer Bethesda has ever made.
Speaking to IGN, Bethesda veteran and Starfield director Todd Howard said that New Atlantis, capital city of the United Colonies, is not just the biggest in this game but bigger than anything in Skyrim, Fallout 4, or any of the developer's previous games.
Howard explained that Starfield's main quest - which he also said would be longer than any previous Bethesda game at between 30 and 40 hours long - will mostly take place in partnership with Constellation, and thus through New Atlantis.

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield-4-main-cities-new-atlantis-biggest-city-bethesda

What do you think? 4 major cities in a game with 1000 planets does not sound that much. But I guess we have to see how big they really are.

I wonder if Trover Saves the Universe will come to Game Pass with High on Life announced. I might grab it for VR though.

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/starfield-4-main-cities-new-atlantis-biggest-city-bethesda

What do you think? 4 major cities in a game with 1000 planets does not sound that much. But I guess we have to see how big they really are.
Having read the entire interview, I think I am mostly fine with what they are going for. I suspect the main story and sidequests will largely focus on and around the planets and systems with those four major cities, with the rest of the explorable universe serving as a giant sandbox you can either ignore, or kill a bit of time in.

Four major cities doesn't sound like a whole lot, but if we get enough smaller cities and settlements interspersed, I am good. Makes space seem like more of a frontier, I guess.

Yikes, bummer of an interview all around

Having read the entire interview, I think I am mostly fine with what they are going for. I suspect the main story and sidequests will largely focus on and around the planets and systems with those four major cities, with the rest of the explorable universe serving as a giant sandbox you can either ignore, or kill a bit of time in.

Four major cities doesn't sound like a whole lot, but if we get enough smaller cities and settlements interspersed, I am good. Makes space seem like more of a frontier, I guess.
Yeah, the most hand-crafted content and the biggest city gives me some hope, but still there are hundreds and hundreds of planets not part of the main story and I fear they will just be generic copy-paste dungeons like in previous Bethesda games.

The "four cities" quote is kind of irrelevant until it's known how big they are. I mean, Fallout 4 had one city. This is definitely a harder scfi-fi than Mass Effect so everything they are saying makes sense to me.

Honestly, the more I rewatch the footage and tune out all the negativity the more excited I get. It's Fallout 4 in space. I adore Fallout 4 and I love space.

My three years of GPU (bought in September 2020) will expire before 90% of Microsoft’s most promising 1st Party content releases.

That’s the main feeling I get from Xbox right now. I thought for sure these games were a lot closer than they ever actually were.

Some people are complaining about Starfield not having seamless flying transitions from space to planet. If I was to guess, they probably don’t want to do this because they don’t want you flying anywhere on a planet at any time and would rather have to always land at your established base.

I feel like both methods of space/planetary travel have their positives and negatives. Being able to fly your ship anywhere you want on the planet and leaving to orbit from anywhere at anytime is great for exploration, but it removes some of the tension of space exploration because you can always have your ship close by to get back into incase things go south.

Being limited in your space/planetary travel means you’ll always land at the same base and have to build it up to be a better safe haven. It also adds tension to the gameplay in that the further you travel when exploring a planet means you are further from safety and your ship isn’t always right there with you to bail you out.

No Man’s Sky obviously does the seamless transition with you being able to fly everywhere, but that also means you always have your exit plan within reach. The game has very little tension because of this. I am okay with Starfield going a different route in regards to this.

I'm fine with it. I wasn't expecting the sheer openness of NMS's exploration. It'll be bog standard BGS stuff in space.

LTTP but the Xbox-Bethesda showcase was… OK, I guess? Several things I’m interested in trying but not much I feel is a must-play for me and most of the big stuff did not feel like my cup of tea.

Might try Hollow Knight and Cocoon on Game Pass. Ara: History Untold sounds like it might be exciting but there isn’t much to go on. I’ve kind of wanted to try TESO out but I don’t know if I can get into it.

I’ll definitely try Flintlock on Game Pass at least and see if it sticks with me. Want to try out The Last Case of Benedict Fox, As Dusk Falls, Ravenlok, and Pentiment, too.

Diablo IV looks amazing and is a lock for me. But that’s really the only thing I’m, like, proper hype for from the showcase. But who knows, maybe I’ll get super into several of the games I want to try out from this list!

Sonic adventure 2 is a cool game, except for those knuckles and rouge levels which hurt the pacing to me. Kinda missing the severe jankiness of the first one.

Quick question: are the first four to five hours of Fable (Anniversary) representative of the rest of the game, or is there some kind of shake-up to make things more interesting? Not saying it is bad, but it’s pretty run of the mill so far.

Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 coming back, babyeee

Interested in trying Escape Academy and Power Wash Simulator.
Now I can play Yakuza 0. I'm sure @Derachi will be happy

Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 coming back, babyeee

Interested in trying Escape Academy and Power Wash Simulator.
Oooh I totally missed escape academy being in there when I saw this announcement in the morning

ive been pumped for that one, nice!

Peppa Pig and Paw Patrol? Game Pass is on a roll!

You jest but I can’t scroll through the Game Pass selection while my 3-year-old is around because if she sees either I’m not playing anything else ever again. I’m sure some parents around the world have gotten caught in this malicious trap.

Dug the ol’ Xbox One S out of the closet to play some Fallout 3. As a ‘every few months’ machine for random 360 era games that thing has proven very useful.

I should upgrade to a Series S one of these days…

Dug the ol’ Xbox One S out of the closet to play some Fallout 3. As a ‘every few months’ machine for random 360 era games that thing has proven very useful.

I should upgrade to a Series S one of these days…
If you can afford the XSX, definitely go for that. Games like fallout 3, NV, and Oblivion are 4k 60fps on them.

Last edited:
If you only have a 1080p tv are there any advantages the X provides over the S in terms of performance? Or is it fine to opt for an S (storage isn’t a factor)

Quoted by: em
If you can afford the XSX, definitely go for that. Game slime fallout 3, NV, and Oblivion are 4k 60fps on them.
Game slime… is this autocorrect going awry in an amazing way?

I definitely could afford an XSX, and I’ve recently seen them in stock somewhat reliably. I just don’t now how much use I would ultimately get out of it. I already have a Switch and PS5 and not really enough time for either. It seems far too extravagant to own all the high-end fancy consoles imo.

If you only have a 1080p tv are there any advantages the X provides over the S in terms of performance? Or is it fine to opt for an S (storage isn’t a factor)
In some games, yes, the XSX offers better performance at 1080p (although if you have a 1080p TV, it probably can’t handle 120 Hz framerates). Also better ray tracing effects in certain games.

As a Series S owner, what I miss most is the lack of an optical drive. I can’t rent from GameFly, resell games, or buy/borrow used copies. So it’s really a Game Pass box.

So I decided to pimp the shit out of a Renault 5 Turbo to make it a rally car, and I love everything about it.
TgMK5oh.jpg

IJbBxak.jpg

h2NKv1c.jpg
nkHCZne.jpg

azbFjnA.jpg

OyPF72o.jpg

I moved Omni up my backlog since it’s leaving GamePass soon and, eh. While fun enough to play, I can’t shake the fact that the game feels like a proof of concept demo, especially in the art style. It wears its inspiration on its sleeve but fails to live up to them.

Good fit for Game Pass I suppose, but I’m glad it’s short.

EDIT: ok it buried the lead with some cool game mechanics that feel great at least

Last edited:
They gotta add better progression to Infinite, stat. Prioritize it over everything else. Playing a great 9 and a half minute match of Team Slayer to only get 50XP is such a bummer.

Hopefully it plays well on the steam deck
Really hope they offer different performance/graphics settings on console. You can always tweak your experience on PC (and I assume on Steam Deck as well?), but I would really like an option to prioritise frame rate over graphical fidelity if the standard setting just isn't stable enough for my liking.

Pentiment has a release date now (11/15), looking forward to that one.

Back
Top Bottom