• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Microsoft Xbox Discussion |ST|

I have a gaming PC, so I kind of feel like a backdoor Xbox user in a way. GamePass is such an incredible service.

Got my Series S today and spent a few hours with it.

Quick resume is the greatest thing ever. I have three games suspended right now. It’s amazing. How many games can you have going at once?

Got my Series S today and spent a few hours with it.

Quick resume is the greatest thing ever. I have three games suspended right now. It’s amazing. How many games can you have going at once?
Around 8-10, but it depends how big or small are the games.

Gotta say I am really happy for Microsoft and Relic in succeeding to make fans happy with the new Age of Empires game. Seems it is doing really well. Makes me wanna go through 1 and 2. Have felt like playing an rts game for awhile.

The reviews for Forza Horizon 5 look super strong - when it drops this and the ACNH DLC will both be playing tug of war for my time

Awesome. Best racing series of all time imo and quite frankly, it’s one of the best open-world series in general.
FH4 was my introduction to the whole Forza series and it was a great experience. Multiplayer was a little messy on PC but outside of that I had a fantastic time, can't wait to drive through Mexico

I played the ever lovin' heck out of FH3, but couldn't really get into FH4. Hoping FH5 grabs me like 3 did.

I haven't even played FH4 yet lol (I got the Ultimate version for $40 awhile back), so I'll play through that first, then grab the Ultimate (or whatever it's called) version of 5 when it gets a sale in the future.

Good god the forza scores make me wish the halo series x was releasing sooner. Just gotta wait a couple of weeks

1440P for FH5 in Series S is a nice surprise. I mean, I will play at 1080P 60 fps, but I'm happy the devs are delivering with the console.

I haven't even played FH4 yet lol (I got the Ultimate version for $40 awhile back), so I'll play through that first, then grab the Ultimate (or whatever it's called) version of 5 when it gets a sale in the future.
Still playing FH3 myself and am going to play FH4 before i go to 5 lol. Just taking my time.

1440P for FH5 in Series S is a nice surprise. I mean, I will play at 1080P 60 fps, but I'm happy the devs are delivering with the console.
I hope as the new gen matures and xbox series becomes more succesful we will see more and more effort. Forza and halo are gonna do a lot for the console.

My Series X is back from the Microsoft Repair Depot a week earlier than expected!

I grabbed the Premium Add-on and can't wait to spend the weekend playing FH5.

Honestly I’d just skip to 5. You won’t be missing much. Also you can get in day 1 with gamepass so no reason not to.

I know I shouldn't be lurking at the old place but someone saying Forza Horizon 5 failed clearly doesn't understand what failure is.
People saying that games that debut on GP fail because they're not selling copies, completely miss the point of GP in the first place.

Not to mention, it is still on the top of the charts on Steam.

Thought I'd ask around here about this. I want to change my gamertag, but I want to keep my old tag as the "classic" tag. I know there's an option to change your classic tag along with your regular tag, but it's only available if you pay the change fee. Currently, it seems I have the option to change my tag for free. Do I have to do two changes (one free, the second paid), or do one and simply pay to change the classic tag?

Waiting for my Halo Elite controller to ship from MS (US).

Gotta be ready for Halo on Monday.

When are they going to add more FPS Boost games? It's really a buzzkill to play some old game and find it's still locked at 30fps when the console could definitely run it at 60.

I know I shouldn't be lurking at the old place but someone saying Forza Horizon 5 failed clearly doesn't understand what failure is.
This is arguably the biggest Forza Horizon launch in history on the backs of how good FH4 was, prerelease buzz, and the fact that usual racing fence sitters could just play it cause they had gamepass.

I’m sooooo over the old place though.

Thought I'd ask around here about this. I want to change my gamertag, but I want to keep my old tag as the "classic" tag. I know there's an option to change your classic tag along with your regular tag, but it's only available if you pay the change fee. Currently, it seems I have the option to change my tag for free. Do I have to do two changes (one free, the second paid), or do one and simply pay to change the classic tag?
I changed my GamerTag when I got my XSX to try and match my Nintendo/Steam accounts and lost my classic tag in the process. I’d be careful with the GamerTag change process if you don’t want to risk losing your classic tag.

I’m not a fan of how Microsoft previews the difference between the classic and new tag. Your GamerTag is shown as “GamerTag#xxxx” in the preview but then it’s labeled “GamerTagXXXX” everywhere.

I feel Sony has left me behind after the PS3. I think my next gen console purchase is going to be an Xbox. I haven’t touched one since the original Xbox and even that was very brief. It was their E3 presentation that sold me.

I was checking the other place to see how the Xbox community there was reacting to the halo leaks and saw this hilarious video I thought I’d share from there

I was checking the other place to see how the Xbox community there was reacting to the halo leaks and saw this hilarious video I thought I’d share from there

They are close to losing their minds and even doing avatar bets.

I say this in a good way btw.

Been playing Forza on xcloud and it's great

Btw one weird but cool thing is that my 8bitdo Pro 2 I bought for the Switch automatically also follows the Switch layout on those xbox games so all the face button letter prompts match, that is, the A button is still the one on the right and so on

I wanted to bounce this idea around because I think its gonna happen within the next few years. I have a feeling Phil Spencer is getting ready to retire and I think Sarah Bond is going to take over. Thoughts?

I wanted to bounce this idea around because I think its gonna happen within the next year. I have a feeling Phil Spencer is getting ready to retire and I think Sarah Bond is going to take over. Thoughts?
I think it depends on the succes of Xbox. It seems to me that Phil is passionate about that mission so I expect him to stay as long as necessary yeah.

I wanted to bounce this idea around because I think its gonna happen within the next few years. I have a feeling Phil Spencer is getting ready to retire and I think Sarah Bond is going to take over. Thoughts?
Even in his latest interview he made a point of the fact he likely has less years ahead of him at Microsoft than behind him . So yes i think it’s something on his mind and I do think Sarah Bond would be a good contender but with a lot of this stuff you never know.

Someone has problem trying to finish transactions in the Xbox store? I want buy the first Otogi, Gunvalkyrie and DOA 2, but just changing the payment option close the app. Yesterday I tried to buy them in mobile but it doesn't work either, and I already has a temporal charge in one of my credit card, which I hope resolve soon without any problem.

Xbox Series S Fortnite and Rocket League bundle $299. Available today in US, Worldwide in December.

I got a big gift certificate that I don’t really have anything else to do with except books or gaming, so I’m going to bite the bullet and get a Series S, some accessories, and FIFA 22 with it. First non-Nintendo console since the PS2, which might also say something about my taste in gaming: What is must-play (either new or legacy) for a first time Xbox owner?

Just said this over in the general discussion thread, but given we have an Xbox thread I feel I should post here:

I'm massively enjoying Halo Infinite, but I'm annoyed the game doesn't save the specific save state I've been checkpointed at. So I just had a little run around, saved a marine squad, continued to explore, and found a single marine pinned down next to an upturned Warthog. We rescued the guy and the five of us set out with 3 in the Warthog and 2 following on foot. So far, so good - this is the kind of emergent gameplay that the game is all about.

I take my Warthog and marines over to my next main objective, the tower (I'm early in the campaign), thinking that the extra firepower is going to be handy. I see the game has created a checkpoint, so I save and switch off, thinking I can pick up again at this point.

When I reload, I'm now back at the last base, with zero Warthog and 1 marine. It's effectively as if that entire passage of play hasn't happened. It's not a game breaking issue, but it does break the immersion. My unique experiences aren't saved and that's a bummer.

I got a big gift certificate that I don’t really have anything else to do with except books or gaming, so I’m going to bite the bullet and get a Series S, some accessories, and FIFA 22 with it. First non-Nintendo console since the PS2, which might also say something about my taste in gaming: What is must-play (either new or legacy) for a first time Xbox owner?

Well, what kind of games do you like? Light, dark, happy, sad, fast, slow, shooty, sporty, massive, little, medium?

I'll say this, people who say Hellblade 2 doesn't look good, are just denying the inevitable. Xbox now has a solid first party stream now.

Well, what kind of games do you like? Light, dark, happy, sad, fast, slow, shooty, sporty, massive, little, medium?

I'm kind of all over the place, tbh. I'm not a huge FPS guy and I generally don't like games that are too easy or unfairly difficult, but still a bit of a challenge or at least offset their difficulty somehow. I lean more towards more chill games and good vibes, but always up for a good dark game/fantasy if it's well written without being pretentious or taking itself too seriously.

I'll say this, people who say Hellblade 2 doesn't look good, are just denying the inevitable. Xbox now has a solid first party stream now.
Hellblade II looks fantastic. Also congrats to Microsoft for being in 2nd place for November as far as units sold in North America.

I've had the Power On documentary series about Xbox in the background today while I've been working.

It's honestly one of the most candid and open documentaries I think I've ever seen about a console. They go from the Windows CE vs Direct X battles of the original Xbox, to the fact that the original prototypes were basically ducktaped together and running from a stolen version of Windows, to the complete mess that was the RROD, to completely owning up to how bad the Xbox One reveal and launch were.

They even introduce Don Mattrick in Episode 5 with depressing funeral music playing in the background.

Anyone who hasn't watched it yet, definitely well worth watching:

Back
Top Bottom