• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Trust The Process

Are we finally seeing Metroid Prime 4's re-reveal in the next Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Woke up today still sad this didn't happen. I've been waiting years for a remake for a replay instead of replaying my original copy, but thinking maybe I should just crack it open at this point - not looking good for it happening anytime soon : /

Tbh, this thread being four pages of wallowing in self-pity is a fairly accurate depiction of the Metroid community, so at least we have that going for us.

On a lighter note, here's my personal ratings of the Metroid games:

Metroid (NES): 6/10
Metroid II: Return of Samus: 7/10
Super Metroid: 10/10
Metroid Fusion: 8/10
Metroid Prime: 10/10
Metroid: Zero Mission: 10/10
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: 9/10
Metroid Prime Pinball: 6/10
Metroid Prime Hunters: 5/10
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 8/10
Metroid Prime Trilogy: 10/10
Metroid: Other M: 2/10
Metroid Prime: Federation Force: 6/10
Metroid: Samus Returns: 8/10
Metroid Dread: 9/10

This is almost exactly how I would rate the whole series too, wow

Nintendo sat on a few titles before officially announcing them. FE is a recent case where it happened so they could prepare DLC for it, and same goes for Advance Wars for reasons we all know. I wouldn't read much on this other than Nintendo probably picking a better calendar cycle for the remake. If Prime 4 is 2024, maybe launching the remake in 2023 would work.

That said, missing the 20th anniversary would feel off.

While I'll admit I was disappointed to not see any Metroid yesterday (apart from the Switch icon which immediately jumped out at me), I've come to accept that Metroid will happen when it happens, and I'm okay with that.

Also fantastic ST @Aurc!

My rankings:
Metroid: 10/10
Metroid II: Return of Samus: 8.5/10
Super Metroid: 9.5/10
Metroid Fusion: 9/10
Metroid Prime: 7.5/10
Metroid: Zero Mission: 3.5/10
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: 8/10
Metroid Prime Hunters: 6/10
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 3/10
Metroid: Other M: 7.5/10
Metroid: Samus Returns: 7/10
Metroid Dread: 6.5/10

Must play: Super Metroid
Easiest to skip: Zero Mission

Imagine in what time we could live right now

A great ST and immediately afterwards a Prime reveal? Would have been unreal. Hopefully we will see it soonish

kinda hurts ngl

My rankings:

Oh we are doing ratings?

of all the games I played:

Metroid Dread 10/10
Super Metroid 10/10
Metroid Fusion 10/10
Metroid Zero Mission 9/10
Metroid Samus Returns 8.5/10
Metroid Prime 8/10
Metroid 2 6/10
Metroid 4/10

My rankings:

Probably the most unique rating of this series I've ever seen. I admire that.

Every time I get disappointed in the lack of Metroid in a direct I have to remember how I felt in 2015…We’re still so much better off

If you told me then that we were getting Dread…

Hunters was groundbreaking for the DS in 2006! And it gave us Weavel 😎
He's easily got the coolest design of all the hunters in that game, but he's still just a Jim Bob, isn't he? We don't know much about him! Makes me wonder whether Prime 4 would bring back others, besides Sylux.

He's easily got the coolest design of all the hunters in that game, but he's still just a Jim Bob, isn't he? We don't know much about him! Makes me wonder whether Prime 4 would bring back others, besides Sylux.
Would love to see a few, especially Weavel, Spire, and Kanden

@ElisaurusWrecks, where are you? I would've expected you to have shown up in this thread, by now!
Hey! Sorry Aurc. Didn't even see the thread! Honestly yesterday felt so defeating to me I kinda just got off the internet and stayed away for the rest of the day.

I try not to be a downer and I shouldn't allow myself to get so invested in rumors (as always) but... Man, that Direct hurt my soul. Work was too busy to hang around and mald about it either, lol.

Hope we'll get some news soon though, and holy crap this is a gorgeous topic. That first post is beautiful, did you make the banner graphic yourself?

Metroid (NES): DNP
Metroid II: Return of Samus: DNP
Super Metroid: 8.5/10 but I didn't play it until until recently so I can't properly judge it
Metroid Fusion: DNP
Metroid: Zero Mission: DNP
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes: 9.5/10
Metroid Prime Pinball: DNP
Metroid Prime Hunters: DNP
Metroid Prime Trilogy: 9/10
Metroid: Other M: Why did I preorder this/10
Metroid Prime: Federation Force: DNP
Metroid: Samus Returns: DNP

I should play more Metroid games.

ZM: 8/10
SR: 7/10
Prime: 9/10
Prime 2: 10/10
Prime 3: 8/10
Super: 9/10
Other M: 3/10
Fusion: 4/10
Dread: 7/10

Didn't play the side games

We're doing this?

Metroid: 8.9/10
Zero Mission: 6.5/10
Return of Samus: 9/10
Samus Returns: 8/10
AM2R: 7.5/10
Super Metroid: 9/10
Metroid: Other M: 7.9/10
Metroid Fusion: 9.6/10
Metroid Dread: 9.4/10

Metroid Prime: 9.9/10
Metroid Prime: Hunters: 3/10
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 9.7/10
Metroid Prime 4: Pain/10

I replayed the whole series after Dread came out with the exception of Hunters and FF so my perspective is fairly fresh. Not a big fan of those games at all.

I unfortunately haven't had the chance to play the Prime games yet, though I genuinely might just emulate Metroid Prime with HD textures if it's not getting announced until February. Really going back and forth on that decision.

As far as the 2D Metroid games go, you're nearly spot on with my list! Just bump Dread to a 10/10 and we're exactly the same.

My rankings:

We may not see eye to eye on the Prime series, but ranking the original M1 and M2 over their remakes is definitely something I can get behind.

We're doing this?

Metroid: 8.9/10
Zero Mission: 6.5/10
Return of Samus: 9/10
Samus Returns: 8/10
AM2R: 7.5/10
Metroid: Other M: 7.9/10
Metroid Fusion: 9.6/10
Metroid Dread: 9.4/10

Metroid Prime: 9.9/10
Metroid Prime: Hunters: 3/10
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 9.7/10
Metroid Prime 4: Pain/10

I replayed the whole series after Dread came out with the exception of Hunters and FF so my perspective is fairly fresh. Not a big fan of those games at all.
Federation Force a 6/10?

AcrobaticHomelyAztecant-size_restricted.gif

Ok, here goes.

Metroid: 3.5/10
Return of Samus: Haven't played for long enough
Super: 10/10
Fusion: 9.5/10
Prime: 10/10
Zero Mission: 9/10
Echoes: 7/10
Pinball: Haven't played for long enough
Hunters: 3/10
Corruption: 9/10
Prime Trilogy: 10/10
Other M: 1/10
Federation Force: Haven't played at all
Samus Returns: 8.5/10
Dread: 9.5/10

Bonus: Metroid Planets (fan game by VacantShade): 10/10

I don't believe any of these scores would be considered hot takes, with the exception of perhaps the 7/10 for Echoes, as I know it's beloved by a decent number of folks. I personally find the light and dark world switching tedious, and unnecessary, and that whole mechanic drags down the entire experience for me, unfortunately. Temple Grounds and Agon Wastes are also quite bland, I find, but Sanctuary Fortress makes up for them, in fairness. It's been awhile since I've played it, and I think maybe it'd fare better upon replay. We'll see, once I get around to giving it another go.
Hey! Sorry Aurc. Didn't even see the thread! Honestly yesterday felt so defeating to me I kinda just got off the internet and stayed away for the rest of the day.

I try not to be a downer and I shouldn't allow myself to get so invested in rumors (as always) but... Man, that Direct hurt my soul. Work was too busy to hang around and mald about it either, lol.

Hope we'll get some news soon though, and holy crap this is a gorgeous topic. That first post is beautiful, did you make the banner graphic yourself?
Hey, don't worry about it! I'd just noticed a lot of Fami's other Metroid goons in this thread, and thought to myself "Wait a minute, someone's missing!" 😅 I understand your disappointment, and most definitely share in it, to a great extent. I felt like a deflated tire, after watching yesterday's Direct. 😩 I always set my hopes absurdly high when it's Nintendo Direct time, so that's on me, and I did my own fair share of copey malding, when all was said and done. It's part of the grief process, really. Better luck next time!

And yes, I did make the banner graphic! Put some renders together in Photoshop, and that was the ultimate result. Thank you! The text is roughly based on the Japanese Metroid Famicom logo / Zero Mission's logo.

Metroid 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid II 🌟 🌟 🌟
Super Metroid III🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid IV Fusion 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid Prime 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid: Zero Mission 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid Prime Hunters 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid Other M 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid Prime Federation Force (never played)
Metroid Samus Returns 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟
Metroid V Dread 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟

Note: I used stars to be somewhat of a dick and follow the beat of my own drum lol

I actually really love the idea of an expanded Metroid Universe. This just wasn't executed very well, and the timing for the game couldn't have been any worse. I hope they don't give up on Metroid spinoffs.
agreed. spin offs have lots of potential for sure

Ok, here goes.

Metroid: 3.5/10
Return of Samus: Haven't played for long enough
Super: 10/10
Fusion: 9.5/10
Prime: 10/10
Zero Mission: 9/10
Echoes: 7/10
Pinball: Haven't played for long enough
Hunters: 3/10
Corruption: 9/10
Prime Trilogy: 10/10
Other M: 1/10
Federation Force: Haven't played at all
Samus Returns: 8.5/10
Dread: 9.5/10

Bonus: Metroid Planets (fan game by VacantShade): 10/10

I don't believe any of these scores would be considered hot takes, with the exception of perhaps the 7/10 for Echoes, as I know it's beloved by a decent number of folks. I personally find the light and dark world switching tedious, and unnecessary, and that whole mechanic drags down the entire experience for me, unfortunately. Temple Grounds and Agon Wastes are also quite bland, I find, but Sanctuary Fortress makes up for them, in fairness. It's been awhile since I've played it, and I think maybe it'd fare better upon replay. We'll see, once I get around to giving it another go.

Hey, don't worry about it! I'd just noticed a lot of Fami's other Metroid goons in this thread, and thought to myself "Wait a minute, someone's missing!" 😅 I understand your disappointment, and most definitely share in it, to a great extent. I felt like a deflated tire, after watching yesterday's Direct. 😩 I always set my hopes absurdly high when it's Nintendo Direct time, so that's on me, and I did my own fair share of copey malding, when all was said and done. It's part of the grief process, really. Better luck next time!

And yes, I did make the banner graphic! Put some renders together in Photoshop, and that was the ultimate result. Thank you! The text is roughly based on the Japanese Metroid Famicom logo / Zero Mission's logo.
Why am I only just now learning about Metroid Planets? It looks fantastic.

Metroid: 4*
II: 3*
Super: 10
Fusion: 10
Prime: 10
ZM: 9
Echoes: 10
Hunters: 6 (SP) 8 (MP)
Corruption: 9
Other M: 5
SR: 8**
Dread: 9***

*Just age mostly, music still slaps
** AM2R also 8
*** Would be a 10 if it had a more consistent soundtrack

Why not jump on the train before it's too late

Metroid (NES): 5/10
Metroid II: Return of Samus: never played
Metroid Fusion: 7/10
Metroid: Zero Mission: 7/10
Metroid Prime Pinball: 5/10
Metroid Prime Trilogy: 9/10
Metroid: Other M: 6/10
Metroid Prime: Federation Force: never played
Metroid Dread: 8/10

Well okay then:

Metroid (NES): 4/10 (mainly for the soundtrack)
Metroid II: Return of Samus: 3/10
Metroid Fusion: 10/10
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: 9/10
Metroid: Other M: 7/10
Metroid: Samus Returns: 7/10 (60fps would push this to an 8).
Metroid Dread: 10/10
Metroid Prime HD: 11/10

Yeah, it just hasn't been a great week for me in general if I'm honest, and a Direct that just had nothing for my taste was an extra crappy disappointment on top. Fine in a vacuum but in the context of everything else... Ugh.

Go figure you'd finally make this awesome thread as soon as I am also in the dumps and struggling to participate 😅
I love it! Super impressive work on your behalf and you should be proud.

Also, come on, a 7/10 for Echoes? "There can be no greater heresy!" 😜

I wonder if we Metroid fans awaiting Metroid Prime 4 will have to suffer as much as Pikmin fans had to for Pikmin 4.

We've been waiting a little longer...
True, if you count from the release of Metroid Prime 3, then it's been considerably longer. I was personally just counting since the 2017 E3 announcement in the same way that Pikmin 4 had an "announcement" and then radio silence for years as well.

Back
Top Bottom