• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Trust The Process

Are we finally seeing Metroid Prime 4's re-reveal in the next Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tbf, they can announce the remaster in a Twitter drop.

Which will be confusing to me, because it can be added to the direct 🤷‍♂️
They announced return to dream land, a remake of a wii game that is only releasing in February 23. Unless there is some kind of Metroid anniversary event nearby, I would not expect this remake at least until next year.

copium.gif

Hey, pass me some of that!
I'm clearly in stage 1: Denial

Grubb reiterated yesterday that Prime 1 is 100% coming this year in Nate's podcast yesterday. Very weird not to show it if that's the case. Then again, it's Nintendo, we'll see.
I don't think Grubb's sources when it comes to first party releases are accurate. Grubb has legit infos on third party stuff, but he never really was accurate with first party stuff.

The game exists, but Grubb had wrong or outdated infos on its release.

This really makes me believe Metroid is going to be at TGA, whether Prime 1 or 4.
Don't do this to yourself. I still remember the one time Reggie showed up with a Samus pin and Geoff was literally begging for anything other than Tropical Freeze.

Heheheh

When Koizumi said “this is the last segment”, I knew Metroid or Zelda fans were going to be disappointed.

My inner Zelda fan is happy, but my inner Metroid fan is dissapointed.

Not even my inner Zelda fan is happy with yet another tiny teaser trailer, and the date being 8 months out :(

Love the new thread title 😂

I liked the Direct overall but I am in borderline disbelief they didn’t take the wraps off of Metroid Prime today! Once Zelda was delayed this year I thought for sure it’d be slotted in for Nov/Dec.

ICYMI

Apparently, Emily saw footage, pictures or whatsoever of the Remak-master of Metroid Prime. "Or maybe she is just quoting her sources of what they saw".

If still on track this year we could see it later as a Twitter announcement or a part of an anniversary celebration.

Or it could be delayed to Jan or Feb 2023 and the announcement will take place in VGA.

Last edited:
Metroid Prime getting a Twitter drop would be so damn funny, but I just don't understand why they wouldn't do it in the direct. Grubb's still saying 2022 though, so who knows.

plot twist: Nintendo will host a Prime Direct this year with a Prime 4 teaser and the reveal of the remake/remaster

It will arrive. One day. The wait only makes it that much sweeter.

No, it doesn't. It really doesn't.

Also, really nice job, @Aurc!

We know that seems that N and Geoff have a fallout

But Metroid is a game that actually fit the GA audience

Or the new hardwere event is later this year

Idk, I would lie if I said this wasn't a bit deflating, but at this point I hope it is a twitter drop, because having to wait until February for the announcement would be too much pain.

This deserves better than a twitter drop, but idgaf, just gimme.

ICYMI

Apparently, Emily saw footage, pictures or whatsoever of the Remak-master of Metroid Prime. "Or maybe she is just quoting her sources of what they saw".

If still on track this year we could see it later as a Twitter announcement or a part of an anniversary celebration.

Or it could be delayed to Jan or Feb 2023 and the announcement will take place in VGA.

I don't need more games to be released early 2023 thanks. I barely have enough for this last quarter

I mean, what was there to announce at the tga? No metroid games released in january or december or close.

They could easily have teased Dread or Prime 4 or Prime 1 remaster there the past several years but chose not to.

Idk, I would lie if I said this wasn't a bit deflating, but at this point I hope it is a twitter drop, because having to wait until February for the announcement would be too much pain.

This deserves better than a twitter drop, but idgaf, just gimme.

A Twitter drop should get more attention, especially now that it hasn't shown up and people were expecting it.

Very Nintendo thing to do these days. Just drop the remaster and don't acknowledge Prime 4 at all haha.

Well there was Dread winning the Action category

Poor wording on my part. I meant they've never made any Metroid related announcements there.

They could easily have teased Dread or Prime 4 or Prime 1 remaster there the past several years but chose not to.

Very Nintendo thing to do these days. Just drop the remaster and don't acknowledge Prime 4 at all haha.

Poor wording on my part. I meant they've never made any Metroid related announcements there.
I think the franchise is currently orbiting prime 4 at this point, and considering prime 4 is years from releasing, its complicated to do something like that.

I dont think dread would work as well as prime 4 on tga, but its a point.

I think the franchise is currently orbiting prime 4 at this point, and considering prime 4 is years from releasing, its complicated to do something like that.

I dont think dread would work as well as prime 4 on tga, but its a point.
You have to also keep the Metroid PRIME side alive

I mean if you need something more close you can just put Prime 2 in HD

People are disappointed at no Prime while I'm disappointed at no GBA NSO to play Zero Mission.

On one hand, Metroid is not popular in Japan and todays pre-TGS direct was pretty Japan-focused, so I could see them deciding against announcing prime today.

On the other hand, I think it’s pretty likely no remaster is coming and the leaks were planted to smoke out leakers. Would explain why some are so confident in it existing.

On one hand, Metroid is not popular in Japan and todays pre-TGS direct was pretty Japan-focused, so I could see them deciding against announcing prime today.

On the other hand, I think it’s pretty likely no remaster is coming and the leaks were planted to smoke out leakers. Would explain why some are so confident in it existing.
People have actually seen the Prime remaster though, so if it was a plant, they must have gone through ridiculous effort for a fake.

The only scenario i can think of is the The Game Awards with Prime 4
I did that to myself last year lol, not again. Since Reggie left, they seem to have had no appearence there outside Smash reveals whatsoever. I wouldn't count on it tbh.

I think a reveal at the Switch 2 reveal show, whenever that is, is more likely.

Now that I've had time to digest everything today, I honestly think today kind of defeated me. I do believe the Prime remaster exists, and is probably even completed. But to me them not showing it today might signify that Prime 4 is further away than I thought :(. Maybe we'll get some news next year, but I'm gonna try to not get my hopes up. It'll happen when it's ready.

Now that I've had time to digest everything today, I honestly think today kind of defeated me. I do believe the Prime remaster exists, and is probably even completed. But to me them not showing it today might signify that Prime 4 is further away than I thought :(. Maybe we'll get some news next year, but I'm gonna try to not get my hopes up. It'll happen when it's ready.
Honestly? It's been nearly a year, and I still take solace in the fact that Metroid 5 actually happened, and they named it Dread. I don't know when I'll come down from that high. I still haven't. Thank you for that, Nintendo.

Metroid Prime 4 is still coming, on top of that. Like, it's truly happening, there's no uncertainty there. Yeah, it sucks having to wait so long, but I'd rather ask when it's coming out, versus being in 2023, and wondering if the Metroid Prime subseries will ever see another game again.

Looking forward to the future of the series (Metroid II and Fusion coming to NSO). If we're getting stadium GB NSO can't be far behind!

You know what I dont understund the thinking of "Nintendo probably want all the trilogy before Prime 4"

Prime 4 will probably not have any story bit of the trilogy(Sylux even comes form Hunters so)

Also accordong the rumor Nintendo currently have no plans for Prime 2 and 3 other then that they will not have the same work done to Prime and just a simple HD job

To me this tell me that Prime 1, like SSHD, is the only promotion for the brand that we will get before Prime4

I mean they are still not porting TP and WW, we dont need annual Zelda, so not even annual Metroid

Back
Top Bottom