• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Reviews Metroid Dread | Review Thread

My 10,000,000,000/10 will probably help the average too.
a0a1d64b-fbf7-40c4-8847-b9adf9c65216

What if some random no name reviewer comes out and gives it a 5 out of 10 would that stop it even if edge gives it a 9?
No, since MC has a weighting system of some sort which means certain outlets have more impact than others

A real no-name outlet giving it a 5 might not even get on MC.

What if some random no name reviewer comes out and gives it a 5 out of 10 would that stop it even if edge gives it a 9?
They would a) have to be on Metacritic and b) have to be weighted enough to counteract not just the difference in their score and EDGE's, but also the difference in their weighting on MC and EDGE's (EDGE is the second most heavily weighted outlet on MC)

They would a) have to be on Metacritic and b) have to be weighted enough to counteract not just the difference in their score and EDGE's, but also the difference in their weighting on MC and EDGE's (EDGE is the second most heavily weighted outlet on MC)
Which is the most heavily weighted? Where can I see this list?

That all just seems so… wrong. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. No outlet should be weighed more than another :/
I could see it if a reviewer has a much longer history with reviewing games, like one site has a lot of experience and has reviewed 500 games while a new site that has just recently opened has only reviewed 10 games for example

The one site is harder to impress because it has seen everything, making their review seem more important

a rather thrilling thread, so close and yet...lets see if edge comes through with that nine

As a companion piece to the review, Ben Moore talks about Dread for more than half an hour on his Frame Trap podcast with guests and fellow members of the Easy Allies review crew Bradley Ellis and Michael Huber:

Wow this is even more gushing than his already very positive review

Safe to say even if we don’t get 90, Dread is totally locked in at 89 at this point unless Edge COMPLETELY trashes the game and even then, it may not bring it down.

It’s a really high 89 when comparing on MCs 2021 list

Seeing that if day, it got a 7 from Edge, that’s like an American 9, I feel MC should take that into account lol

If Edge gives it a 9, what needs to happen to achieve a 90 overall? If they give it an 8, is the dream officially dead? Lmao
If they give it a 9 it might be the push it needs to hit 90

If they give it an 8, it’s very unlikely it will manage a 90 after that (but not impossible)

Is that score for Tetris Effect just for the Switch version?
that list is for switch games in 2021. metacritic separates scores and reviews by platform.

That's impressive!!!! Damn...
How did that happen?? Are there few reviews or is it really THAT great?
it got 7 back to back perfect scores. a game needs at least 7 reviews to get into the top games of all time list. it's one of the best visual novels of all time, according to most people who've played it.

that list is for switch games in 2021. metacritic separates scores and reviews by platform.

it got 7 back to back perfect scores. a game need at least 7 reviews to get into the top games of all time list. it's one of the best visual novels of all time, according to most people who've played it.
Well hot damn. TE must be one of those games that has seemingly gone up in score every time it got reviewed.

Just switched off my custom title to reveal I'm an Octorok. Not sure if I should keep it or go back to my MM tribute lol

I'm dying to play House in Fata Morgana sometime

Well hot damn. TE must be one of those games that has seemingly gone up in score every time it got reviewed.
the dev talked about what it was like to get that kind of reception. i made a thread about it on the old forum, if you're interested:

Back
Top Bottom