• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Metroid Dread Metascore Prediction (Embargo lifts October 6)

What will Metroid Dread's critical reception be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah people made it sound like IGN hated the EMMIs but it wasn’t really that bad, and iirc she said she’s looking forward to see what they do with them

Yeah people made it sound like IGN hated the EMMIs but it wasn’t really that bad, and iirc she said she’s looking forward to see what they do with them

To be fair to Kat, she in general just does not like stalker segments in games. So mileage will vary depending on the reviewer. Personally? I don't like stalker segments much - not because they are bad as I think they are very cool -but because they give me extreme anxiety and... dread haha

Anyway. I think it will score in the 70's or 80's because everyone so so damn cynical these days. Honestly, I follow a few writers whom I like (and none are even in media anymore per se) and a couple of podcasts I enjoy, because I just honestly find much of mainstream media to be just so exhausting and cynical these days. I think the only writers who are still in the media that I enjoy are Kat Bailey and Nadia Oxford (and even then I feel Kat can be too cynical and dismissive BUT she loves rpgs and writing about them and we have very similar love of old rpgs from the 90's and early 2000's.

Hoping for low 90s, voted for high-80s
One thing I'm thinking could be brought up on reviews would be maybe not enough improvements and changes compared to Samus Returns
But it's looking like it will be great

I'm on the hopium train, mid 90s for me. Metroid is a sterling class series, and the game looks incredible.

I've predicted 85 MC but the more I'm hearing of friends playing it early, the more I'm thinking it could be a 90+. It seems to be something really special.

Whatever the scores, hopefully we can all be mature about any negative reviews. Some of the Era reactions to lower scores could get embarrassing.

I'll go with 88.

83. Will get points docked for being 2D and that is the score Tropical Freeze got when it launched. I think Dread looks unbelievably awesome and I'm a huge Metroid fan, but we'd be lucky if it turns out to be as good as TF.

Based off of the ign preview and how hard it is to get over 90s these days, I'm feeling low to mid 80s. 83. Hope I'm wrong, though.

I always love the “how much harsher review are today or scores are adjusted lower these days”. People have been saying this for years lol. It was one of the reasons brought up in 2017 for why BotW wouldn’t score very high and then well we know the scores for BotW.

I always love the “how much harsher review are today or scores are adjusted lower these days”. People have been saying this for years lol. It was one of the reasons brought up in 2017 for why BotW wouldn’t score very high and then well we know the scores for BotW.
Ayyy, Dark Cloud! Nice to see you here. Yeah I'm hoping that I'm wrong for worrying and this game gets reviewed really well.

80-84

The usual : It's on Switch (framerate, graphics, blah blah), and there has been lots of Metroidvanias in the past years.
Mark my words, in next week's bombcast, Jeff is gonna say "they made another one of those games..."

Ayyy, Dark Cloud! Nice to see you here. Yeah I'm hoping that I'm wrong for worrying and this game gets reviewed really well.
Hey Pueblo! I believe it will review very well. With Mercury Steam and Nintendo’s guiding hand it should turn out alright.

It probably wont hit a 90 but will be close to it. So I guess 88 89. I wouldnt be surprised if it hits above 90 tho.

the review thread is ready to go, should i post it now or when the embargo ends?

in 2 and a half hours (6AM PT)

I would say just before it opens up? You could do now but there isnt a lot of post yet. So I think if I were you I would wait ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom