• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Metroid Dread has leaked. Be careful for spoilers (heavy marked spoilers inside)

Clicked on a link of a leak that took me to the 4chan thread and jesus fucking christ... I haven't been that repulsed in a long time.

Anyway, yeah, the game has been put on the internet and there are people playing. Major leaks should be out within hours.

Big birds seems to be Gray Voice (his name is Ashkar Behek) aka Samus DNA donor aka somewhat her father

Holy SHIT

Another set of Chozo images like Samus Returns.

sDnn5Pa.png
UvEPS5E.jpg

Ending Rewards are apparently these screens based on different Metroid games. "At least six of them", says the leaker. I assume Metroid, Return of Samus, Super, Fusion, Zero Mission and Samus Returns.

r0EVBEs.jpg

Another set of Chozo images like Samus Returns.

sDnn5Pa.png
UvEPS5E.jpg

Ending Rewards are apparently these screens based on different Metroid games. "At least six of them", says the leaker. I assume Metroid, Return of Samus, Super, Fusion, Zero Mission and Samus Returns.

r0EVBEs.jpg
No ZSS I guess?

I want to look but I don't want to look
Yeah I probably won't look at anything past the first wave of spoilers. That had most of what I wanted to know about

I'll still hang around hereabouts for impressions of stuff

It's only three days left. If you care about spoilers, it shouldn't be too much trouble to just tune out of this thread.

I think I'm good after watching the first hour here. Gonna skeet out.

Checking this thread obsessively when there have been no new post in three hours is hell, hello where is the hype?!

Looks like that suit would be fun in homebrew code making. Sucks that it's only final part of the game only legally.

Finally, a clear look at a certain endgame spoiler.

3eZFQN0.png

the first leaker tricked us with a color filter 😢 Still like the look at the suit even without trans flag colors though; green, red and black is nice; and the organic look is all around cool.

People are throwing around Hyper Suit and Metroid Suit as names, but i'm betting on the latter. Color pallete adds up, plus all the spiky bits.

Suddenly it becomes the Predator movie instead of Alien.

Unfortunately it pulled a super metroid though (locks you out of all old weapons and only the new beam).

Finally, a clear look at a certain endgame spoiler.

3eZFQN0.png

the first leaker tricked us with a color filter 😢 Still like the look at the suit even without trans flag colors though; green, red and black is nice; and the organic look is all around cool.

People are throwing around Hyper Suit and Metroid Suit as names, but i'm betting on the latter. Color pallete adds up, plus all the spiky bits.
Holy shit. She literally becomes a Metroid haha. I bet that is what was happening in the trailer when she went "super Saiyan." I really like the touch of the Metroid teeth around her arm canon.

Okay, I said fuck it and am going all in with spoilers.

Luckily this is my first Metroid game so some of the context of their significance is lost on me

I AM BECOME HYPE

Okay, I said fuck it and am going all in with spoilers.

Luckily this is my first Metroid game so some of the context of their significance is lost on me

I AM BECOME HYPE
That is a ballsy move, I respect it despite avoiding all story spoilers like the plague lmao

still thinking about
her dad is the bad guy
i really dont know if i like it

Early leaks and impressions seem to indicating that the EMMI will probably end up the most controversial aspect of the game, as a lot of people predicted

Hmmm music being a complaint is disappointing.

EMMI's were always bound to be a controversial aspect though.
I really really want someone to get my hopes up about the music :( it’s been my most iffy aspect since reveal and I really wanted to be proven wrong. That kind of think is single handedly what could keep dread below super for me

People on era who allegedly have the game complaining about EMMI and music
Are those people in the spoiler thread? I want to hear impressions but no spoilers :(

Also, that might just make me more excited with how often Era goes against the grain lol

(not the music though, I've been worried about that)

Last edited:
I figured the biggest split would be EMMI which isn't surprising.

Best we can hope for is that it's implemented well.

as someone who’s always been on the “Metroid only ever had mediocre music in its game” (yes I know, not a popular opinion, but never liked Metroid tracks overall, always feels there’s like. A couple great tracks and everything else is forgettable)

I’m not too concern about that aspect. EMMI is something I felt was always going to divide folks. And it’s something that made me not consider buying the game till I could get it cheaper, never liked those types of gameplay loops.

I mean from the looks of the person or two that are complaining about the EMMI it seems to just be that they are unhappy that they are forced to stealth and run from them more than anything. Which seems like a design choice they did not like rather than a flaw of the intent of the design

I mean from the looks of the person or two that are complaining about the EMMI it seems to just be that they are unhappy that they are forced to stealth and run from them more than anything. Which seems like a design choice they did not like rather than a flaw of the intent of the design

That's definitely true, but like I said people may not like that even if it's implemented well.

Stealth is something in gaming that people love or hate. For some EMMI may add lots of good tension and atmosphere while for others it may feel tedious. It's all subjective so I wouldn't worry much unless you hate stealth and running away segments in games.

This divisiveness is the reason why I have a hard time seeing Dread hit 90 on MC. These elements could be really well implemented, but it's just not everyone's cup of tea. The good news is that everyone seems to be really liking or loving everything else the game is doing mechanically and gameplay-wise. I've stayed away from story spoilers but I have some high hopes for that as well.

I honestly didn't expect them to go that far difficulty-wise with the later EMMIs. I wonder if it can still get 90+ reception in spite of that (like BotW with breakable weapons).

Pretty sure the full OST is out there available to download for anyone who is interested. I can understand why some people might think it is "weak" or "forgettable" because it is definitely less melodic and more ambient overall. I think a lot of it sounds rad, though, if you are into that sort of thing. Very crunchy and squelchy. Lots of beep boops.

Pretty sure the full OST is out there available to download for anyone who is interested. I can understand why some people might think it is "weak" or "forgettable" because it is definitely less melodic and more ambient overall. I think a lot of it sounds rad, though, if you are into that sort of thing. Very crunchy and squelchy. Lots of beep boops.
Do you know where one might be able to find it? 👀

Back
Top Bottom