• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Metroid Dread has leaked. Be careful for spoilers (heavy marked spoilers inside)

Yeah might want to remove "light spoilers" from the title.

I still think we should use spoiler tags but we're drifting away from the "light" spoiler territory
Changed. Thank god we can actually change thread titles on this forum.

Yeah, I'm LOVING reading these teases and such but let's please continue marking spoilers. I'm here for the hype train, not to actually be spoiled. For example, I skipped whichever message was marked "major boss spoiler" because I'm looking for vague excitement here lol along with smooth gameplay clips that aren't integral to the story

Can someone please rip the soundtrack already I need to rip the bandaid off if the music is shit

It will be a soundtrack with lots of ambient tracks and the usual Metroid boss music. I think that has become quite clear ever since the game first got announced.

It will be a soundtrack with lots of ambient tracks and the usual Metroid boss music. I think that has become quite clear ever since the game first got announced.
I need my moody melodic tracks

if it’s really just ambience I wonder what possessed them to possibly think that’s better

I need my moody melodic tracks

if it’s really just ambience I wonder what possessed them to possibly think that’s better

The game is called Dread. Game is obviously going for a different, even more oppressive atmosphere than the other games before it.

Also, ambient music isn't just ambience.

leaker show a clip of burenia`s entrance to showcase the shinespark. Unfortunately its all ambience but it is atmospheric af
Entrance is understandable, but when you get deeper into areas is when I’d expect more melodies. That’s really how super and prime handled it.

Literally zero of samus’ returns new area tracks were present on the CD that came with the special edition except…. Chozo laboratory. The only melodic track in there besides the super remixes (which, lo and behold, were also on the CD!)

So they definitely know what type of music Metroid fans like

an out of context major spoiler that I think nobody mentions yet.

The leaker sends a picture of samus(short hair )inside a giant tube then her back is connectted to 4 wires. Might suggest bigbird cloning samus or a flashback of samus receiving the chozo dna

an out of context major spoiler that I think nobody mentions yet.

The leaker sends a picture of samus(short hair )inside a giant tube then her back is connectted to 4 wires. Might suggest bigbird cloning samus or a flashback of samus receiving the chozo dna

I think it may do more to suggest
that the DNA that Samus got in the first place was always Big Bird's. So, either Big Bird is Grey Voice from the Zero Manga, or someone who's effectively taken his place as far as being the main contribution to making Samus what she is.

In short, it'd explain why Samus was described as hearing HADAR SEN OLMEN before. The dude's effectively one of her Dads.

kgB6l16.jpg

Blurred pictures of a certain endgame spoiler discussed above

xAz8KDU.png
zSZiS9e.png

I’m glad that Samus has finally come out as trans.

also a more complete map than we’ve seen before

undXJU9.jpg

Looking at the spoilers and fuck the hype that was already through the roof just reached the Karman line.

Do we have confirmation yet as to whether or not the game is structured like Super Metroid, and Prime? I'm curious if there is back tracking into areas the player has already visited, or if it's taking more of a Prime 2/Samus Returns route. For those games, theyre structured into smaller Metroidvania areas, the player can only visit once if they wanted.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I do hope it's closer to Super/Prime. I want a beefy feeling 2D metroidvania out of this one. I'm more likely to get that feeling out of the Super/Prime style. Prime 2 managed to still feel this way, whereas I feel Samus Returns didnt.

around 12 hours with half of the item
DAMN, we're looking at another beefy Metroid title following SR, it seems like. And likely with less repetition than that game, i.e. more time for wholly new stuff. Love it!

Do we have confirmation yet as to whether or not the game is structured like Super Metroid, and Prime? I'm curious if there is back tracking into areas the player has already visited, or if it's taking more of a Prime 2/Samus Returns route. For those games, theyre structured into smaller Metroidvania areas, the player can only visit once if they wanted.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, but I do hope it's closer to Super/Prime. I want a beefy feeling 2D metroidvania out of this one. I'm more likely to get that feeling out of the Super/Prime style. Prime 2 managed to still feel this way, whereas I feel Samus Returns didnt.
just gonna say im pretty sure game has at least some non linearity since theres a secret morphball launcher in kraids boss room that you need a bomb to activate, and I fought kraid before I found bombs

Blurred pictures of a certain endgame spoiler discussed above

xAz8KDU.png
zSZiS9e.png

I’m glad that Samus has finally come out as trans.

also a more complete map than we’ve seen before

undXJU9.jpg
Wow it looks pretty interconnected!!!!!! Yes!!!!

Nope they are still posting, just posted a blurred image of the final suit. General thoughts are that they really liked it.

I think it may do more to suggest
that the DNA that Samus got in the first place was always Big Bird's. So, either Big Bird is Grey Voice from the Zero Manga, or someone who's effectively taken his place as far as being the main contribution to making Samus what she is.

In short, it'd explain why Samus was described as hearing HADAR SEN OLMEN before. The dude's effectively one of her Dads.
Yes!!! I'm really hoping that
Samus's dad and the chozo were evil all along. Would really fit her story that she's basically a weapon to be used her entire life until Other M/Fusion where she takes control.

Yes!!! I'm really hoping that
Samus's dad and the chozo were evil all along. Would really fit her story that she's basically a weapon to be used her entire life until Other M/Fusion where she takes control.
I think there will be a bit more nuance than that.

Like, you can't entirely divorce the Chozo of their warmonger roots, and "Big Bird" will be an ever-present reminder of that to Samus, even as she seeks to honor the more peaceful ways that she was bought up with. But suffice to say, the whole "Samus was intended as a weapon" thing already was bought in the Zero Mission manga. Mother Brain tried to use that very same thing on Samus. It didn't take then, from somebody who was much more instrumental in Samus's growth as a child and young warrior, so I sincerely doubt a relative stranger will be any more successful.

If anything, what I hope is that, assuming Big Bird lives past this game, he'll remain a consistent rival for Samus going forward that is decidedly different from all the others she's had before, even if it still remains "personal". Whereas before we just had a menagerie of psychopathic, omnicidal maniacs, the differences between Big Bird and Samus are much more in the way of ideological. It's the kind of thing that makes for an excellent rivalry, and that's all the more reason I hope he remains a permanent fixture in the series for a while.

I think there will be a bit more nuance than that.

Like, you can't entirely divorce the Chozo of their warmonger roots, and "Big Bird" will be an ever-present reminder of that to Samus, even as she seeks to honor the more peaceful ways that she was bought up with. But suffice to say, the whole "Samus was intended as a weapon" thing already was bought in the Zero Mission manga. Mother Brain tried to use that very same thing on Samus. It didn't take then, from somebody who was much more instrumental in Samus's growth as a child and young warrior, so I sincerely doubt a relative stranger will be any more successful.

If anything, what I hope is that, assuming Big Bird lives past this game, he'll remain a consistent rival for Samus going forward that is decidedly different from all the others she's had before, even if it still remains "personal". Whereas before we just had a menagerie of psychopathic, omnicidal maniacs, the differences between Big Bird and Samus are much more in the way of ideological. It's the kind of thing that makes for an excellent rivalry, and that's all the more reason I hope he remains a permanent fixture in the series for a while.
I never read the Manga, but Samus's arc from Metroid 2-Fusion is realizing that she's only ever been used as a tool by the Galactic Federation and eventually deciding not to put up with it anymore. It would make sense to me if the chozo also tricked Samus into thinking being a killing machine is heroic like the federation did.

Back
Top Bottom