• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Metroid Dread has leaked. Be careful for spoilers (heavy marked spoilers inside)

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
PLEASE MARK ALL SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

SAMUS HAS VOICE ACTING!

Last edited:
Wow that's pretty intense. And that is for keeping it hidden. It's not really story related but it's a huge revelation that some may be happy about.

Oooookay, this is uh... Interesting. Not the leal of course (fuck that) but the contents of the spoiler

Metroid is one of the last games i expected to have voice acting. Was that a real language or an invented one?

Oooookay, this is uh... Interesting. Not the leal of course (fuck that) but the contents of the spoiler

Metroid is one of the last games i expected to have voice acting. Was that a real language or an invented one?

Well we know from the last direct and gameplay previews that
That Adam AI is voiced and speaks in English. So either that's a clip of Samus from a Japanese/another language copy of the game, or she's speaking Chozo.

This particular bit of information has certainly increased my interest in this game greatly.

the first thing I asked for when it was reveled was
Voice Acting.

Can’t believe I got that right lol

Let's try to keep all major gameplay and story details out of this thread, okay? This isn't actually a spoiler thread. Just a place to talk about some interesting things in the leaked clips.

SAMUS HAS VOICE ACTING!

That's amazing. This is all I wanted to know about the game. I'm even more hyped now.

If people don't want this up I can delete this but these aren't major gameplay spoilers, just showing off and possibly expanding on mechanics we've seen already

But, it will spoil some puzzles so if you don't want that don't look. If you don't care, then damn this is hype

Speedbooster clip, follows off of a bit we saw in one of the Dread reports

Shinespark puzzle

Use shinesparking to start a combat encounter (enemies we've already seen before). I'm not too familiar with how shinesparking worked in previous games (I didn't do any of the tricky puzzles in Zero Mission, for example) but were you allowed to jump while holding the charge?

If people don't want this up I can delete this but these aren't major gameplay spoilers, just showing off and possibly expanding on mechanics we've seen already

But, it will spoil some puzzles so if you don't want that don't look. If you don't care, then damn this is hype

Shinespark puzzle

Use shinesparking to start a combat encounter (enemies we've already seen before). I'm not too familiar with how shinesparking worked in previous games (I didn't do any of the tricky puzzles in Zero Mission, for example) but were you allowed to jump while holding the charge?

Holy shit. The movement in this game is unreal. It looks soooo much more fluid than Samus Returns.

Shinespark puzzle

This shit looks more fluid than water

Shinespark puzzle

Fears still not assuaged about the music, but this looks amazing

Feel like the music is too low, though maybe that’s just the compositions we’ve heard themselves

Of course it's dependent on the music. In some you can always hear it, in other areas the speedbooster overpowers the ambience.

Wait...

Is that a real language from a foreign copy, or is she speaking Chozo? It isn't Japanese (I speak it), but otherwise I don't recognize it.

The game looks fun. Too bad the image quality is abysmal and the framerate drops everywhere, it even looks like it’s 30 fps smh

/s just in case

Hype!

Nintendo is probably the only company in the world who can get people hyped about voice acting.

Slightly scared of reading stuff but for those who already have it, any early impressions? How does it feel compared to Samus Returns?

Shinespark puzzle

Wow, this looks amazing.

Added spoiler prefix but you already know I didn't read whatever was in that damn spoiler embed, peace out

leaker is 8 hours in but only collected 39% of the items
Damn, so only 39% completion in 8 hours?! Let's goooooooooo
I got 93% completion in 16 hours on my first SR run, so this sounds amazingly promising, especially considering that game's repetitive structure

Has the leaker given any impressions? How’s the interconnectivity of the areas? The music?

• samus feels like a dream to control
  • areas are large and filled with multiple bosses
  • 8 hours in and already fighting bigbird (however the game does not take account boss fight resets)
  • leaker thinks that big bird is not the final boss since some plot point is not answered

• samus feels like a dream to control
  • areas are large and filled with multiple bosses
  • 8 hours in and already fighting bigbird (however the game does not take account boss fight resets)
  • leaker thinks that big bird is not the final boss since some plot point is not answered
Since the leaker is apparently only at 39% completion, I wouldn't be surprised if Big Bird was more of an "ending of act 2" kind of boss and Act 3 only starts after you beat him (maybe it's where the X start to show up)

Back
Top Bottom