• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Metroid Dread biggest launch in franchise history in the UK, fifth biggest Switch launch of the year

Off to a good start, especially since I assume digital sales are fairly significant. Hopefully this trend is reflected around the world!

Metroid-Primes-Samus-Busting-a-Move-In-Her-Standard-Suit.gif

And that's right before Christmas. (y)

Good start for a Metroid game.

Legs will be interesting to see because sales are usually frontloaded for this series.

Nice looking forward to the Media Create and PAL charts on Install Base and NPD later on. Looks like Metroid is benefiting from the Switch Effect.

Hope this is repeated elsewhere. It’d be nice for Metroid to be a once or twice a gen franchise rather than once a decade.

Metroid already have 2 games in dev, so ti dont matter too much for the franchise overall but this could mean a metroid 6 on switch

Trying to take it slow, but, I'm seriously addicted to this game.
Same here. Only things dragging me away from the game are sleep, hunger, work and babysitting my niece. Other than that, I'm sneaking away to play in handheld or on the big screen whenever I can.

Fifa trending that high on the Eshop charts just pissed me off. Nothing more than a cash grab

Yay for Samus. We need more Metroid in our lives.

If Nintendo can revive Fire Emblem, surely Metroid can pull it off as well?

Warms my heart to see Metroid doing so well. Hopefully this leads to more frequent entries in the series.

So happy. Metroid is gonna stand tall next to mario and zelda, the way it always should have been. What a franchise <3

I'm glad it's doing well, but at the same time I can't say that this news gives us that much of a clearer picture in my opinion. Depending on how close it is to Snap, this is either pretty good or flatout great.

Having a Monster Hunter, Mario, and Zelda game in the same year was always going to make Metroids performance look comparatively small, and with Pokemon coming out soon it will be 6th. So it's just a question of, how close it is to Snap in my opinion, for the real celebration to begin.

Hey happy see you here! (I didn't get notified btw lol) It's selling good at Amazon too, tho got my copy at Gameplanet this Friday. I have the feeling here at México we favor a lot physical copies, so seeing Dread at number #1 at the eShop is fantastic.
I got it for 500 pesos on Liverpool, turned out I had monedero electronico with some balance. I wanted the Special Edition but that seems sold out everywhere.

Can't wait to see US numbers, seeing a lot of positive talk among people who normally don't play Metroid or even know the series outside of Smash.

I want it to beat SSHD. Let’s fucking go.
I’m a fan of Skyward Sword and would love to see this too. Having said that, that’s going to be a high target, I think SSHD has a shot of overtaking Twilight Princess for 2nd best selling Zelda.

Skyward Sword, Pokemon Snap, and Smash are all sold out on Amazon US. They went on sale and people went crazy.

Back
Top Bottom