• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection announced for Switch, PS4 and Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
INCROYABLE. Been yearning for this collection for way too long. Funny how a Partner Showcase ended up being a tiny paradise for me..

Well, there it is~! Wouldn't be surprised if this was meant to come out a while ago for MMBN's actual anniversaries, but covid delays had their say.

So long as the Bass/Forte Crosses are as easily accessible as they are in the VC ports, I'm in!

YESSSS! My most looked forward to MM collection! Thank you gods (&Capcom)

Please let us turn off battles/reduce frequency. The encounter rate is a bit stupid in these games.

The question I am now wondering is if this game will feature online multiplayer. This series notably have PvP, but since they were wired I don't feel like they happen very often, at least in most places where there are hardly two or more people with the same game.

Thank you for reading.

These were some of my most played games sans-Pokemon on the GBA. Can’t wait to replay it remastered on Switch

Announcement of the Direct for me. I never did beat the whole series so absolutely hyped for this.

The Battle Network games are the games I'm most nostalgic for that I've never actually played (a lot of my friends did though, growing up. Didn't get a GBA in time to join).

Hopefully if this succeeds we get a new Mega-Man RPG? (hah)

Splitting this into two volumes again is such a pure money-grubbing move, it's insane. But I already know I'm going to buy both. I'm the sucker.

There's like zero chance they unlock the event/region-exclusive content in these, is there? I want it so bad but I doubt it's going to happen.

So after this collection, almost everything Mega Man has been ported to the Switch/modern consoles right?

Only thing I see is missing is GB/GBC games, Star Force, Legends, and random spin offs.

The return of trans icon Roll.exe

20210803-210936.jpg

I had a friend in high school who loved this series; never failed to bring it up whenever the rest of us began discussing favorite games/series. Unfortunately not many of us paid attention since it seemed like Mega Man games were a dime a dozen back then. Now that I'm older and (slightly) wiser I'm ready to give this series a chance.

Small detail but it seems the fonts for chip cards are in HD now (0:21 on that Twitter video). Nice.

Nevermind. Rewatched the trailer and saw Vol 1&2. Standard Capcom Mega Man re-release . Still hype.
Actually they do say there's "the complete collection with all 10 games" but I have to assume that just means buying a key to Volume 1 & Volume 2 with a single purchase. I can't imagine they'd have three versions (1, 2, & 1+2).

I can't watch the Direct or trailers yet, is the DS version of 5 included or is it just the GBA versions?

So after this collection, almost everything Mega Man has been ported to the Switch/modern consoles right?

Only thing I see is missing is GB/GBC games, Star Force, Legends, and random spin offs.
After this it's Legends, Star Force and some leftover classic/X/Battle Network spinoffs, yeah.

Decent chance we get Legends and Star Force too imo, though who know how Capcom will handle the leftovers.

Quoted by: LiC
I can't watch the Direct or trailers yet, is the DS version of 5 included or is it just the GBA versions?
Just GBA, no Double Team.
After this it's Legends, Star Force and some leftover classic/X/Battle Network spinoffs, yeah.

Decent chance we get Legends and Star Force too imo, though who know how Capcom will handle the leftovers.
Command Mission never. ):

God, if we get Star Force next.....

Battle Network 3 was my first Mega Man game, and along with PokĂŠmon was one of the games that made me a lifelong fan of JRPGs. I've played all of them multiple times, but definitely still getting this.
I was shocked when they said that there are TEN games. I didn't know there were so many.
It's a little misleading because they did the "two versions of the same game" gimmick starting with 3, but they have a lot more differences than the PokĂŠmon games do.

Battle Network 3 was my first Mega Man game, and along with PokĂŠmon was one of the games that made me a lifelong fan of JRPGs. I've played all of them multiple times, but definitely still getting this.

It's a little misleading because they did the "two versions of the same game" gimmick starting with 3, but they have a lot more differences than the PokĂŠmon games do.
That makes more sense

What’s nice is the physical has both collections on it it seems. So none of the usual volume 2 download code bullshit. Let’s hope we get Legends next (with enhancements to 1 so we can have dual analog control).

3 is the best one. When picking between Team Colonel and ProtoMan, it might be better to pick Colonel as that's the version that serves as the basis for BN6.

I'm glad you can turn off that ugly filter, but I hope there's also a different font option.

I've already played 3 and 6 (3 is my favorite), are the other ones unique enough to be worth all playing through? I know that they can be really long games.

I've already played 3 and 6 (3 is my favorite), are the other ones unique enough to be worth all playing through? I know that they can be really long games.
5 has this “tactical” gameplay added that I found to be rather fun. Battles were the same but during bosses you controlled a partner Navi and got to use their move set and set chips in battles.

5 is my personal favorite. Colonel that is. Proto I recall wasn’t as fun. But I played that one immediately after beating the first version so it might have been burnout. Tho I remember Protoman not Making much sense this his version.

I also liked the one everyone hates, 4 lol. It’s very much backtracking the game with some obscure puzzles. The Navis in these are okay, but the writing is somewhat….not good lol. The main plot is rather forgettable. I think the level design left a lot to be desired. But the battling was still fun.

These games are my childhood, this was easily my favorite announcement this morning. 10 games is definitely a lot of content, but I definitely want to purchase and get this chance to relive my favorite iteration of MegaMan!

It's crazy that Capcom made 10 of these things in the lifespan of the Gameboy Advance but games were made a lot faster back then. Somewhere out there, there was a person who was a crazy of Mega Man Battle Network, .Hack, and Ratchet and Clank living in ecstasy for a 5 year span.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom