• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Retro Mega Book Collection: A Visual Guide to the Sega Megadrive released as a FREE PDF

• Thread starter Deleted member 2258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2258

Hello, this is the first time I've created a thread!

You may remember the unfortunate news a while back that Sega sent a cease and desist to Greyfox Books for their new visual guide to the Sega Megadrive.

From their website:

Being a long-time Sega fan and with the success of our previous books – “Atari: a Visual History” and the “Coin-Op: The Arcade Guide“, we wanted to rediscover the Sega 16-bit era and wanted to do this machine justice by creating something that will teleport us all back to late 1980s and 1990s when we first played this great 16-bit console.

The Mega Book Collection has been designed & presented exclusively in digital format and carries over 293 pages of full-colour content, covering many classic Sega and its third-party titles from the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis, MegaCD / SegaCD and Sega 32x libraries all in one amazing book. And what this unbelievable is we are giving it to you for FREE!

Check it out! Discuss and enjoy! Investigate every detail as if it were the TotK art book!

Mega Book Collection Digital Book

i'm more surprised Atari didn't go after them first, considering there was an official Atari artbook.
content

granted, it's a different area (Greyfox's book focuses on the home computer side, while the official one is about their early arcade games/the 2600.) but i remember them being a bit litigious earlier on.

Back
Top Bottom