• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Site Event Master of the Time Trials

If 200cc is on the table, we could do 200cc 3DS Rainbow Road for the finals but otherwise, we can still do 150cc 3DS Rainbow Road for the finals.

sorry if this is coming in late but I plan to have my screenshot ready tomorrow β€” I can do it tonight if I’m holding the tournament back though. week really got away on me!

IMG_8023.jpg

Sorry for taking so long. Not perfect but I’m happy with this.

yeah hey sorry I haven't posted yet, been busy traveling but I will later today in about 8 hours or so.

okay @bixente this is all I’ve got

congratulations @zumaddy on wiping the floor with me!

NYmsNNe.jpg

bonus self-dunk because I meta-laughed when I saw it:

iS0NJeI.jpg

24 hours left.

I think only Zeal needs to submit. Oh and Raccoon but he conceded. Then we'll move on.

Sorry things have been slow.

Ok let's start round 3.

At long, long last :p

Hmm... what'd be a good track to time trial on?

Baby Park?

Nah...

I really like SNOW LAND. Hope you don't mind that pick.

how are y’all getting those times because I really had to try for my ~1:55

I'm down with Snow Land, time to get my butt kicked by Skipper

Kart/character choice is pretty important and what looks like the best place to mushroom on MC3 isn't actually at that gap in the fence at the end which gets a lot of people haha.

I practiced for hours and watched videos of fast times, but I couldn't get close to most of the times here. Even after watching fast laps, I couldn't really see what was so different from what I was doing. But, I kind of love that!

May as well break the ice. Don't know how good it is, but I'm happy enough with it.

yYQk2HY.jpg

Ok wow, Snow Land is very fun to time trial! My lap 2 in this PB is pretty poor and my lap 3 is ok but I am very pleased with my lap 1.
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_20-42-07.png

If you check the file names of my other PBs today (and also the one posted above), they actually have the time of day I got the PB in GMT.
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_10-38-47.png
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_10-56-17.png
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_11-05-02.png
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_11-50-05.png
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_12-13-24.png
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_14-22-43.png
Mario_Kart_8_Deluxe_-_Master_of_the_Time_Trials_Round_3_2022-12-01_20-36-37.png

Skipper is there a course you're really bad at?

Otherwise you'll win this easily :p
I think I've played enough Mario Kart 8 and 8 Deluxe for the past 8 years where my baseline is pretty high... I am absolutely nowhere near world record level (except from about 3 years ago on 200cc Mario Kart Stadium) since those people basically dedicate their lives to time trialing whereas I am not much of a time trialer.

Also, unrelated, but when is the deadline for Snow Land so others know too.

From what I can tell the WR is like 3 seconds less than Skipper's run lol.

My goal for today was to get Sub 1:31, which I am happy that I achieved. Sub 1:30 will require loads more time and practise that I just don't want to put in since I'm not that much of a time trialer.

Skipper you already probably beat me don't sweat the sub 1:30 lmaooo

I'll try get mine done tomorrow since I'm under the weather today

Skipper joined a lobby with me and predictably won. He immediately left though, possibly as there was someone with a very rude name present.

Skipper joined a lobby with me and predictably won. He immediately left though, possibly as there was someone with a very rude name present.
I don't think that was me? You posted this message when I was asleep so it may have been someone else?

Oh. The other day a very talented racer called Skipper entered my lobby and won that dessert track. My name's Jeff in game, btw.

I managed to nail the shortcut 3 times and still got 1:43 lol, I’ll post my time tomorrow but I have no more patience for this shortcut.

EDIT: Aaaand here it is:
image0.jpg

Last edited:
If anybody wants to friend me and download my ghosts, my FC is: SW-3997-8443-2102
Thanks, I added you

Wave 3 is coming out soon, would be great to have some multiplayer with folks from this comp (or Fami in general)

Very frustrating - tried for like an hour to do the obvious shortcut, even just once, but lakitu blocked me every time.

Back
Top Bottom