• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Site Event Master of the Time Trials

I changed it from King to Master as I thought that'd go down better here.

A few people expressed interest in this, I think it could be fun.

So do we just post a screen cap of our time whenever our match is? Do we have a time or attempt limit? Sounds like fun :)

Woohoo! Thanks for making this. I haven't played much in a while but I'll do my best!

On mobile canโ€™t tell what game either other than assuming it mario kart. Of which my sister has my copy of 8D, so I only have access to 64 or snes

Everyone, why don't you just message me your friend code? I'll be aware of your times and there won't be a need of screenshots.

And yes Mario Kart 8 Deluxe lol sorry I didn't mention.

Everyone, why don't you just message me your friend code? I'll be aware of your times and there won't be a need of screenshots.

And yes Mario Kart 8 Deluxe lol sorry I didn't mention.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

If you're more comfortable you can just add me -

0378 6005 8904

Only added Raccoon and PokeNeutral so far.

I have some tracks in mind that I think will be good for time trials.
just sent you a request, my profile pic is KK with a dark purple background

0378 6005 8904

Hey, looks like we're already friends! Nice.

0378 6005 8904

I added you just now. My username on there is similar to here. Have a Splatoon 3 avatar.

So can we not progress until 32 more people sign up? Why aren't more people signing up?? What if you put Mario Kart in the title or something?

So can we not progress until 32 more people sign up? Why aren't more people signing up?? What if you put Mario Kart in the title or something?

Registration is open until Nov 16, 2022 at 11:00 PM GMT. If the remaining 16 places don't fill up by that time, that's when the brackets should be made (automatically or manually, depending on how @bixente configured it).

I'll do my best to participate! I imagine there are no rules regarding vehicle/driver choices right?

Not like I'm planning to use an optimal build either way.

I used the little blue scooter, tiny wheels, and a heavy character when I was trying to beat all the staff ghosts. I think that might be the meta? That's just my default setup now. I usually go DK because he's the coolest heavy character.

It's been a few years since I seriously played MK8. Hope I'm not too rusty.

I'll do my best to participate! I imagine there are no rules regarding vehicle/driver choices right?

Not like I'm planning to use an optimal build either way.

Yeah use whatever you want.

I like Baby Daisy, Biddybuggy, Azure Roller.

I am very much looking forward to this competition! Also, I tend to use Gold Mario a lot but sometimes I deviate based on the course I am time trialing.

When the draw is made up, I thought Yoshi Circuit would make for a great first track. I really like its winding turns that make drifting a lot of fun to execute.

@bixente if you are going by peopleโ€™s times without screenshots, I think we might have an issue where someoneโ€™s time from a long time ago gets submitted. Say someone set a fast time two years ago but canโ€™t match it now. Obviously we want the times people can set now, right? I think screenshots are gonna be necessary.

@bixente if you are going by peopleโ€™s times without screenshots, I think we might have an issue where someoneโ€™s time from a long time ago gets submitted. Say someone set a fast time two years ago but canโ€™t match it now. Obviously we want the times people can set now, right? I think screenshots are gonna be necessary.

Ok, good point :)

Ok so we've got 20 entrants out if a possible 32. I'm very happy with that. How is the draw made? It s still empty.

I generated the first round of matches.

Reminder that YOSHI CIRCUIT is our first track.

Get cracking! Have fun!
How long is the first round? Do you want us to post screenshots in this thread and tag you?

For those who effectively have โ€œbyesโ€ because there werenโ€™t a suitable number of entries, should we participate in this round or are we waiting until round two?

How long is the first round? Do you want us to post screenshots in this thread and tag you?

For those who effectively have โ€œbyesโ€ because there werenโ€™t a suitable number of entries, should we participate in this round or are we waiting until round two?

I'm on a tablet and I'm not sure how to post screenshots. But I'll post my time up on my Twitter, and link it here. I actually deleted all my times so the only relevant ones would be from this contest.

Is there a way to set a deadline for the first round? A week might be a bit long for one track. What do you think.

Yes I guess you are waiting unfortunately :( I don't see a way around that.

Apologies for any inconveniences.

Was wondering the same thing

Edit: dang @bixente good timing.

Posting Yoshi's Circuit shortly

This is a perfect first course. I need to see how everybody handles the switchbacks section.

Cool, I'll have a crack at mine now. Let's fight @Suswave ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edit: Actually, are we in this one or waiting for the next track? Seems we aren't in first bracket.

Cool, I'll have a crack at mine now. Let's fight @Suswave ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Edit: Actually, are we in this one or waiting for the next track? Seems we aren't in first bracket.
hell yeaaaaaah

wait or not? looking forward to whichever round is ours!

OMG I'm a moron ๐Ÿคฆ

Especially as I'm running this.

I'm not supposed to participate in the first round.

Lmao

Yeah some players have a bye. Would be great if all 32 slots filled up, but that's how it is.

Back
Top Bottom