• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

StarTopic Marvel Cinematic Universe |ST| The Eternal Universe

Falcatops

Así es la weá
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Spidey Far From Home
Spidey No Way Home
WandaVision
Loki

(Events in Loki, WandaVision, and No Way Home lead directly to Strange, and Far From Home is necessary to understand No Way Home)
Thanks a lot! So is it safe to skip Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Black Widow movie? I don’t know if there’s anything else.

Also, do you recommend watching them in that order?

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Thanks a lot! So is it safe to skip Eternals, Shang-Chi and the Black Widow movie? I don’t know if there’s anything else.

Also, do you recommend watching them in that order?
Those are indeed safe to skip for Strange (however, Shang-Chi rocks so don't bail on it entirely)

As far as the order: FFM deals with the immediate fallout of Endgame so if you're coming off of Endgame then that's the one to start with.
WandaVision and Loki don't have an order that matters much, they just set up the existence of certain plot points and characters that are very important in Strange 2.
NWH draws Dr Strange into the multiverse stuff, so it makes sense to have it come immediately before you see Strange 2.

So basically, the Spidey movies should be the bookends, and then Loki and WandaVision can go in either order in the middle.

Falcatops

Así es la weá
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Those are indeed safe to skip for Strange (however, Shang-Chi rocks so don't bail on it entirely)

As far as the order: FFM deals with the immediate fallout of Endgame so if you're coming off of Endgame then that's the one to start with.
WandaVision and Loki don't have an order that matters much, they just set up the existence of certain plot points and characters that are very important in Strange 2.
NWH draws Dr Strange into the multiverse stuff, so it makes sense to have it come immediately before you see Strange 2.

So basically, the Spidey movies should be the bookends, and then Loki and WandaVision can go in either order in the middle.
Thanks again!

Clov

Welcome to the True Bean's World
Pronouns
She/They
(and Far From Home is necessary to understand No Way Home)

Definitely gonna disagree with this. No Way Home is the only MCU Spiderman film I've seen (had to watch it for Gobby) and I understood it just fine. It even recaps what seemed to be the ending of the last film right at the beginning of it!

It's much more important to watch the Raimi Spiderman films going into No Way Home; at least the first one, since Green Goblin is the primary antagonist. There's also the Amazing Spiderman movies, but I haven't seen them and they look bad, so those can't be too important.

chocolate_supra

Must proceed at a high velocity #TeamDecade
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
Definitely gonna disagree with this. No Way Home is the only MCU Spiderman film I've seen (had to watch it for Gobby) and I understood it just fine. It even recaps what seemed to be the ending of the last film right at the beginning of it!

It's much more important to watch the Raimi Spiderman films going into No Way Home; at least the first one, since Green Goblin is the primary antagonist. There's also the Amazing Spiderman movies, but I haven't seen them and they look bad, so those can't be too important.
Well, yeah I suppose the bit at the beginning of NWH provides context for the motivation of Peter in the film. But there's also the relationship arc in FFH that would be missed, but.. yeah I guess that can be easily covered by just saying oh yeah and MJ finds out about Peter being Spiderman and they fall I love which can be sorta gleaned by watching NWH.

Other than all that, @Falcatops have you seen the Raimi Spiderman films? The series with Green Goblin and Doc Ock?

Top Bottom