• So how about that Nintendo Direct? WestEgg, Irene, VolcanicDynamo, and Special Guest Aurc give our thoughts on the June Direct, including a deep look at the Metroid Prime 4 reveal! Check it out here!

StarTopic Marvel Cinematic Universe |ST| The Eternal Universe

For those interested, the Deadpool and Wolverine - Final Trailer has released (though it does have some spoilers!)

Last edited:
I saw the trailer on YouTube before seeing the warning here. I hate that Marvel put that character in the trailer.

IMG-3144.jpg

Still not as egregious as Spider-Man in Captain America: Civil War and Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok. Another way to look at it though is if Marvel gave that cameo away for free, the others are probably even bigger. Obviously Lady Deadpool’s but you can kind of see Elektra’s elbow in one of the earlier trailers.

If the character spoiler is who I think it is, I was seeing leaks about it trending already a while ago so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decided to throw them in the trailer due to the cat being out of the bag. Like maybe they wanted to spoil it themselves rather than let the internet do it, or something? 😅

We have so many Fox X-Men stuff, I hope we’ll get a bit more though. If they kept the spoiler from the trailer under wraps, that’s impressive and I want more

Edit: fudge I read a spoiler, but good lord, if that’s true squeeeeeeeee

Next Thursday can’t come soon enough

Last edited:
If the character spoiler is who I think it is, I was seeing leaks about it trending already a while ago so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel decided to throw them in the trailer due to the cat being out of the bag. Like maybe they wanted to spoil it themselves rather than let the internet do it, or something? 😅
Yeah, this is how Doctor Who operates. If they're filming in public, and there's a big guest star, they just come out and say, hey, so and so will be guest starring in Doctor Who.

I'm just really glad that Dafne Keen is actually in it. I would have been actively pissed if they just ignored Logan entirely. Laura was the best part of that movie and she deserved a spin-off.

Time to stay out of everything because youtube just spoiled it for me with a thumbnail and title 😅
Yeah, I got a recommended video from a channel I've never heard of and it spoiled something right in the bloody thumbnail.

I will never understand why people do that.

. . . you did that on purpose, right?

is uh...
is it weird that I would actually not really like this?

I genuinely like a lot of the new characters they've introduced and wanna see them shine! Don't overshadow them with the fanservice of bringing back dead characters! I mean I know that's exactly what they'd do in the comics but still 😅 I loved the way their arcs ended, let them rest and let the youngins fly!
Having them cameo would be pretty good, but "do Endgame again" doesn't work on literally any level.

I do think (nerd alert) that one of the MCU's big failings is that they haven't let the Avengers re-form as a team that just exists doing shit in the background, instead of only coming together every few years for a big event. If they're ever going to beat the "no direction" complaints, having a solid roster in place after 4&5 are done is a must. Chop and change it based on what actors are available, so long as they exist.

Having them cameo would be pretty good, but "do Endgame again" doesn't work on literally any level.

I do think (nerd alert) that one of the MCU's big failings is that they haven't let the Avengers re-form as a team that just exists doing shit in the background, instead of only coming together every few years for a big event. If they're ever going to beat the "no direction" complaints, having a solid roster in place after 4&5 are done is a must. Chop and change it based on what actors are available, so long as they exist.
That's something I appreciated about Age of Ultron, was the feeing that the Avengers had just been around since the first team-up, doing things here and there. I assume they're trying to let the Avengers idea breathe after Endgame was such a big send-off, but I agree that has contributed to Phases 4 and 5 feeling disjointed. Hopefully the lead-up and payoff of the Avengers returning to being A Thing next phase will land well.

Yeah, stay safe for spoilers regarding Deadpool & Wolverine.

Just got spoiled on the opening.

Not going to lie though, it makes me extremely excited to see it this Thursday. Just three more nights. Saw it confirmed somewhere else and I’m going to laugh my ass off.

Back
Top Bottom