• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Marvel Cinematic Universe |ST| The Eternal Universe

I think Age of Ultron is one of those movies that aged a bit better thanks to other later movies following up on the hanging plot points of it, similar to Dark World.

sources say that even before Majors’ conviction, the studio was making moves to minimize the character after Quantumania underperformed, grossing $476 million.
But why? Kang was one of the few good things about Quantumania. If anything, he was underutilized. This regular human single-handedly killed the Avengers (which the movie didn’t show) then was defeated by ants and not even two of the stronger Avengers. Marvel couldn’t have made Kang more of a wet noodle villain if it tried.

The solution is weirdly simple: open the movie with Kang murder-death-killing the Avengers. Then, at the end, one of the heroes (probably Scott) either had to die or get stranded in the Quantum Realm with Kang, maybe reliving some horrible fate as Kang threatened Scott with earlier.

Pinning Quantumania underperforming on the character of Kang is shortsighted and like… wrong. The movie underperformed because it wasn’t good. No need to toss all the seeds that were planted and an entire character. Just recast Kang. Pivoting so late to say, Dr. Doom could potentially shortchange both characters.

Yeah, I'm sure Kang will still be involved somehow. But I don't think they're going to pivot to Doom, as it'd make more sense to just save him for later. I assume they're just going to shift focus onto Beyonder for Secret Wars.

But why? Kang was one of the few good things about Quantumania. If anything, he was underutilized. This regular human single-handedly killed the Avengers (which the movie didn’t show) then was defeated by ants and not even two of the stronger Avengers. Marvel couldn’t have made Kang more of a wet noodle villain if it tried.

The solution is weirdly simple: open the movie with Kang murder-death-killing the Avengers. Then, at the end, one of the heroes (probably Scott) either had to die or get stranded in the Quantum Realm with Kang, maybe reliving some horrible fate as Kang threatened Scott with earlier.

Pinning Quantumania underperforming on the character of Kang is shortsighted and like… wrong. The movie underperformed because it wasn’t good. No need to toss all the seeds that were planted and an entire character. Just recast Kang. Pivoting so late to say, Dr. Doom could potentially shortchange both characters.
The accusations against Majors came very, very shortly after the release of Quantumania, so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel saw that and the underperformance of the movie and started talking about pivoting because of the intersection of those things. I agree it should be simple to just recast Kang (especially because multiverse) but maybe they're concerned about potential blowback and figure if the movie that introduced him bombed then it's not worth the risk? Especially since people seem a lot more hungry for X-Men and Fantastic 4 to come in. Marvel might now be seeing more value in going that route and sweeping the disappointing Phases 4 and (first half of) 5 under the rug real quick.

(but I still want more Shang-Chi and Marvels at least)

One thing the MCU noticeably lost over time can be reflected in the color grading. Iron Man/Iron Man 2/Captain America 1 look pretty great, and they all coincidently were done on film, not digital (except CA1 who was a mix of digital and film apparently) and had more practical stuff going on. It is, for some reason, easier to make a movie look good when done on film. The Avengers was kind of a major film (first fully done in digital I think?) both look-wise and humor-wise for most of the rest of the franchise.

Yeah, I'm sure Kang will still be involved somehow. But I don't think they're going to pivot to Doom, as it'd make more sense to just save him for later. I assume they're just going to shift focus onto Beyonder for Secret Wars.
While I'd love to see the MCU do a big-screen adaptation of the original Secret Wars (complete with lenticular shields revealing plot twists!), I'm pretty sure they're going to go with the Hickman "incursions cause the multiverse to collapse" Secret Wars, where Doom is THE major player.

While I'd love to see the MCU do a big-screen adaptation of the original Secret Wars (complete with lenticular shields revealing plot twists!), I'm pretty sure they're going to go with the Hickman "incursions cause the multiverse to collapse" Secret Wars, where Doom is THE major player.
I think they’re definitely going with the whole incursion thing, but I’d be surprised the Doom is very much in involved at all. By the time SW happens, F4 will still be so fresh in the MCU that it’s feel a little weird for our first exposure to Doom to be something THAT grand. He feels like someone you take more time to build up to after all this is over. They didn’t have Silver Surfer or Adam Warlock in the Infintiy Saga, so I think they can figure something out here as well.

I hope they get the mcu back on track to being more cohesive. Rewatching the infinity saga, I love how Well everything slots togeather. I love that characters regularly team up. I can’t stand by comparison how disparate all the parts of the multi verse saga feel. Like why are they introducing new characters then waiting so long to do anything with them again? I think it was a mistake to stop making regular avengers movies. I get that they wanted every avengers movie going forward to be as big as infinity war or end game, but I liked them as cap offs to the different phases.

By this point we should have had an avengers movie with shuri, Shang chi, captain marvel, iron heart, and spiderman

I hope they get the mcu back on track to being more cohesive. Rewatching the infinity saga, I love how Well everything slots togeather. I love that characters regularly team up. I can’t stand by comparison how disparate all the parts of the multi verse saga feel. Like why are they introducing new characters then waiting so long to do anything with them again? I think it was a mistake to stop making regular avengers movies. I get that they wanted every avengers movie going forward to be as big as infinity war or end game, but I liked them as cap offs to the different phases.

By this point we should have had an avengers movie with shuri, Shang chi, captain marvel, iron heart, and spiderman
To be fair, the early MCU days were like this. Introducing new characters in their own storylines with no teamups. There weren't really any regular teamups outside of Avengers movies until Civil War (which was part of why that movie was such a big deal, it was like an Avengers 2.5), and it was something like four or five years of solo movies before the first Avengers film actually hit.

Lately we've had stuff like where each Spiderman movie had to have an Avenger in it to remind people it was in the MCU or something, and most of the movies have been hero crossover events: Ironheart in Black Panther 2, Scarlet Witch in Dr Strange, Captain Marvel crossed over with Ms Marvel and WandaVision by bringing in Photon.. It's felt to me sorta like the series are now taking the places the movies used to have (the solo adventures that build up individual characters) while the movies are now the spectacle events that bring them together. With the exception of a couple like Shang-Chi and The Eternals.

I understand it seems a little different if you look at how each Phase used to have an Avengers capstone, but back then the phases took much longer and each movie within them weren't already crossovers of multiple heroes. Phase 4 this time was over in the blink of an eye and we're nearing the end of 5 already, and they've only barely introduced (not even set up with their own solo movies) what I assume will be the Young Avengers (Wiccan and Speed, Ironheart, Ms Marvel). Honestly I hope this renewed focus on solid solo entries (like F4) and dialing back the flow of series helps make things a bit tighter in time for the next Avengers because at this point it feels like a bit of a mess. And that's coming from a big MCU apologist. 😅😅😅

The showrunner of X-Men ‘97 has been fired just a week before launch - his Instagram account was also suddenly deleted
Something  bad is about to come out

The showrunner of X-Men ‘97 has been fired just a week before launch - his Instagram account was also suddenly deleted

In May 2023, DeMayo announced he would be deleting his Twitter account, after he was attacked by users accusing X-Men ’97 of whitewashing the character Sunspot with the casting of Brazilian actor Gui Agustini in the role.

Ah yes. whitewashing a brazilian character... by casting a brazilian actor 👀

Ah yes. whitewashing a brazilian character... by casting a brazilian actor 👀
I believe the argument was that the character was an Afro-Brazilian character that he cast with a White Brazilian but Marvel seems to have been continually trying to downplay the Afro part of his character for some time and not a DeMayo only thing but he did seem to react badly to it online. The firing seems to be about other stuff though

Marvel didn’t do The Eternals any favors by forgoing the template it created for successful team up movies. Disney+ would have been perfect for that. Start with like an eight episode limited series with smaller stories to introduce the characters (literally like all the flashbacks from actual movie flashes out more) that built up to the bigger team up.

As is, there were too many characters to keep up with and care about in a single movie. A lot of the major beats didn’t hit the way Marvel wanted them to.

It’d be a shame if Eternals 2 got shelved as I was hoping Marvel could course correct because there’s potential with the characters. At least Sersi was mildly interesting. I’m sure she’ll show up again.

It’s insane to me how Marvel movies simultaneously feel too interconnected for their own good, and not interconnected at all. The Spider-Man movies for instance would be much better without being connected to the rest of the MCU, while the eternals feels like it should connect back to the rest of the MCU more
Take it with a grain of salt, but Eternals might be on ice.

Maybe they should’ve thought about this before getting rid of their biggest characters. I mean what big characters are left? Ant man already got his trilogy, Captain America is done, as is Ironman. Thor is probably done, the guardians of the galaxy are definitely done, Hulk is irrelevant now. Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, and Spider-Man are the only big characters left until they bring in the fantastic 4 and X-men, but even then I don’t see how they could carry a movie together, as they have no team synergy or interconnected plots like older phases had

Last edited:
It’s insane to me how Marvel movies simultaneously feel too interconnected for their own good, and not interconnected at all. The Spider-Man movies for instance would be much better without being connected to the rest of the MCU, while the eternals feels like it shout connect back to the rest of the MCU more

Maybe they should’ve thought about this before getting rid of their biggest characters. I mean what big characters are left? Ant man already got his trilogy, Captain America is done, as is Ironman. Thor is probably done, the guardians of the galaxy are definitely done, Hulk is irrelevant now. Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, and Spider-Man are the only big characters left until they bring in the fantastic 4 and X-men, but even then I don’t see how they could carry a movie together, as they have no team synergy or interconnected plots like older phases had

We could write a whole novel on what Disney/Feige did wrong post Endgame. IMO, they falsely assumed that every super hero could be the next Guardians of the Galaxy and rise to be a household name. The Eternals didn't make any noise. Most of the new heroes from the D+ shows are minor at best, although I have high hopes for MS Marvel and Kate Bishop. I agree with your take that there is no connectivity. Shang Chai had one film in 2021, and he is still in his own little world. The rest of the films were largely isolated from each other. The only film that had any sort of connectivity was the last Spider-Man film, and it ended with the connection being severed!

The way I see it, there is just way too many players on the board, but most of them aren't a-listers.

MCU Players currently on the board

Post Endgame:
Hulk
Hawkeye
Thor
Falcon/new Captain America
Bucky
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Wasp
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Loki?
Scarlet Witch isn't dead!

Phase 4 additions:
Yelena
Valentina
Shang-Chai
Xialing and the Ten Rings
Eternals
Eternal Eros
Whitman
Shuri/new Black Panther
Daredevil
Clea
===
Monica Rambeau
White Vision
Kate Bishop
Moon Knight
Ms Marvel
She-Hulk

Phase 5 additions:
Cassie

We could write a whole novel on what Disney/Feige did wrong post Endgame. IMO, they falsely assumed that every super hero could be the next Guardians of the Galaxy and rise to be a household name. The Eternals didn't make any noise. Most of the new heroes from the D+ shows are minor at best, although I have high hopes for MS Marvel and Kate Bishop. I agree with your take that there is no connectivity. Shang Chai had one film in 2021, and he is still in his own little world. The rest of the films were largely isolated from each other. The only film that had any sort of connectivity was the last Spider-Man film, and it ended with the connection being severed!

The way I see it, there is just way too many players on the board, but most of them aren't a-listers.

MCU Players currently on the board

Post Endgame:
Hulk
Hawkeye
Thor
Falcon/new Captain America
Bucky
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Wasp
Doctor Strange
Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Loki?
Scarlet Witch isn't dead!

Phase 4 additions:
Yelena
Valentina
Shang-Chai
Xialing and the Ten Rings
Eternals
Eternal Eros
Whitman
Shuri/new Black Panther
Daredevil
Clea
===
Monica Rambeau
White Vision
Kate Bishop
Moon Knight
Ms Marvel
She-Hulk

Phase 5 additions:
Cassie
Schafrilas made an amazing point that these shows Marvel has been making would be much better as movies, and that Disney plus is serving to more of a cancer to Marvel than a unique way of showing stories. After wandavision, no show can really be that interesting or captivating, they all just end up being mediocre at best. Series end for a reason, Endgame should’ve been the, well, endgame for Marvel. Maybe they make separate movies for series like fantastic 4, X-men, and Spiderman, but the main MCU should not have continued

I think their plan was to attempt a repeat of phases 1-2 where they introduce a whole bunch of new superheroes and it just didn't land. I mean I enjoyed the Eternals just fine but the only post-Endgame newbies that I'm looking forward to seeing again are Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel, one of which is because it caters to my love of old kungfu movies and the other because of the most pitch-perfect wholesome casting probably ever. Not because they're necessarily big pop cultural touchstones like the OG3 were.

That being said, the thing I was most excited about post-Endgame actually was that a bunch of fresh characters would come in. I was genuinely excited for that. I was okay with the exits of Cap, Stark, and Widow, and was excited for the sort of new weird stuff they could pull off with fresh faces. But instead of doing what I loved about the early MCU where each superhero series felt more like a genre movie that happened to have a superhero in it, they seemed to decide the genre for all of them is now "comic book movie" and started making stuff that felt like those 00s licensed Marvel movies. I dunno how much of that was Feige and how much of it was due to Chapek's order to flood the fuckin market, but either way it felt insincere compared to the old MCU. Even when they would hire artsy directors (like with The Eternals) the movies still felt so damn formulaic and simplified.

Again, Shang-Chi ended up being the only movie that felt like the old MCU to me because it was essentially a genre other than "comic book movie." Take the Banner cameo out of the end and you have basically a solid standalone fantasy kungfu movie that isn't even "Marvel." And while Ms. Marvel obviously hinges on the character's obsession with an MCU hero, that's.. pretty much the start and finish of that series dependence on the other movies. It's just allowed to do its own thing. Loki, too! But like you said, the movies feel almost both too interconnected and weirdly disconnected. Like the only story Dr Strange 2 has IS its connection to the MCU at large. But then it has almost no ramifications on the overarching story arc like Civil War did. It's like it lacks its own identity, its own point for existing, except to be yet another cog in the machine. It doesn't feel original in the ways the Cap movies or Iron Man 1 and 3 felt.

I'm rambling too much.

Point is, I think they tried and failed to do a repeat of Phase 1 and pushed heavy-hitters like F4 and XMen waaay out on the schedule because they expected Phase 1 But Again to land. And now that not only did the attempt fail but also the actor/character they hinged Phases 4-6 is gone, they have to scramble to make up the lost footing. So rather than F4 and XMen being this big exiting blast for them to reveal as the finale of the new arc, those two groups now basically have to save the MCU from this arc.

Either that or maybe Ryan Reynolds really is Marvel Jesus.

I think their plan was to attempt a repeat of phases 1-2 where they introduce a whole bunch of new superheroes and it just didn't land. I mean I enjoyed the Eternals just fine but the only post-Endgame newbies that I'm looking forward to seeing again are Shang-Chi and Ms. Marvel, one of which is because it caters to my love of old kungfu movies and the other because of the most pitch-perfect wholesome casting probably ever. Not because they're necessarily big pop cultural touchstones like the OG3 were.

That being said, the thing I was most excited about post-Endgame actually was that a bunch of fresh characters would come in. I was genuinely excited for that. I was okay with the exits of Cap, Stark, and Widow, and was excited for the sort of new weird stuff they could pull off with fresh faces. But instead of doing what I loved about the early MCU where each superhero series felt more like a genre movie that happened to have a superhero in it, they seemed to decide the genre for all of them is now "comic book movie" and started making stuff that felt like those 00s licensed Marvel movies. I dunno how much of that was Feige and how much of it was due to Chapek's order to flood the fuckin market, but either way it felt insincere compared to the old MCU. Even when they would hire artsy directors (like with The Eternals) the movies still felt so damn formulaic and simplified.

Again, Shang-Chi ended up being the only movie that felt like the old MCU to me because it was essentially a genre other than "comic book movie." Take the Banner cameo out of the end and you have basically a solid standalone fantasy kungfu movie that isn't even "Marvel." And while Ms. Marvel obviously hinges on the character's obsession with an MCU hero, that's.. pretty much the start and finish of that series dependence on the other movies. It's just allowed to do its own thing. Loki, too! But like you said, the movies feel almost both too interconnected and weirdly disconnected. Like the only story Dr Strange 2 has IS its connection to the MCU at large. But then it has almost no ramifications on the overarching story arc like Civil War did. It's like it lacks its own identity, its own point for existing, except to be yet another cog in the machine. It doesn't feel original in the ways the Cap movies or Iron Man 1 and 3 felt.

I'm rambling too much.

Point is, I think they tried and failed to do a repeat of Phase 1 and pushed heavy-hitters like F4 and XMen waaay out on the schedule because they expected Phase 1 But Again to land. And now that not only did the attempt fail but also the actor/character they hinged Phases 4-6 is gone, they have to scramble to make up the lost footing. So rather than F4 and XMen being this big exiting blast for them to reveal as the finale of the new arc, those two groups now basically have to save the MCU from this arc.

Eloquently put. At this point I have to wonder why fans can think of far better ways to handle series then these mega corporation with massive marketing and social media teams, something has to be going majorly wrong for this level of mismanagement to be happening. I guess the fool proof strategy of “just do the thing that made us money again” rears it’s ugly head yet again

Eloquently put. At this point I have to wonder why fans can think of far better ways to handle series then these mega corporation with massive marketing and social media teams, something has to be going majorly wrong for this level of mismanagement to be happening. I guess the fool proof strategy of “just do the thing that made us money again” rears it’s ugly head yet again
I really think a lot of it was Chapek. His flood-the-market strategy not only made the whole MCU suddenly feel like homework, but it also made it to where movies couldn't stand on their own because they each had to either set up new characters for D+ series (like Wakanda Forever did) or had to themselves be set up by a D+ series (like Dr Strange 2 was).

I think if they didn't have Chapek's order of "something Marvel every couple months" then the post-Endgame stuff would feel a lot more focused and special. Feige had a good handle on things for a while, but I think he had a hard time wrangling Chapek's new demands while still holding up the level of quality. Hopefully with Chapek gone and Iger (as much as I loathe him) putting out the order to space projects out and let them breathe like they used to, we'll see some sort of a return to form in the near future (but people will probably just credit Deadpool).

I do think people look back on phases 1 and 2 with rose tinted glasses a bit too much. Thor, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 3, Dark World, and Age of Ultron we not universally loved movies, despite not being bad. Phase 3 was definitely peak MCU quality wise but, even then, that was also peak "Marvel pays critics" era (obviously that was not the case). Movies like this are always going to get shit one way or another.

Phase 4/5 have given us our first "Rotten" projects reception wise, between Eternals and Secret Invasion. But I don't think the quality has been much different from phases 1 and 2. I think it's more so just that we've been getting so many more projects. Phase 4 I would definitely put above 1 and 2 at least. We still get some super high quality projects whether it be No Way Home or Loki. Not everything is going to reach those highs, though, of course.

That said, this year will be a nice refresh and break so that they can look at what they've done the last few years and analyze what they can do better. I have high hopes for Deadpool 3 and Agatha this year, given it's the same showrunner as WandaVision.

I have high hopes for Deadpool 3 and Agatha this year, given it's the same showrunner as WandaVision.
Wait wtf Agatha is coming out this year??

I thought Deadpool was all we were getting till 2025, hell yeah I'm ready for that chaos

Edit: OMG I JUST GOOGLED IT AND AUBREY PLAZA IS GONNA BE IN IT???? 🤯🤯🤯

We could write a whole novel on what Disney/Feige did wrong post Endgame.
I put the blame on Disney+ forcing a glut of content, resulting in Feige being stretched too thin and overall QA taking a hit as a result. I think a major refocus on qualifying over quantity is the best way forward at this point, and using 2024 as a "breather year" can only help.

Eh, I'm not sure if I can go on board with this. People don't go to or avoid superhero movies solely because of the characters on the marquee, they go because they're intrigued by the premise and spread word-of-mouth if there's a satisfying story. Look at Justice League, Superman v Batman, or Wonder Woman '84 for examples that marquee names are no guarantee of success.

I'm rambling too much.

Omg okay so to add to my thing about Shang-Chi and Ms Marvel being the ones I'm excited to see more of, I just realized I totally forgot about Kate and Yelena. Hawkeye was another one I really enjoyed with characters I can't wait to see come back and the fact that I forgot about them goes to show how some of the good post-Endgame stuff has been absolutely buried under years of stuff.

I was literally just talking about them the other day because I was making mac and cheese.

Omg okay so to add to my thing about Shang-Chi and Ms Marvel being the ones I'm excited to see more of, I just realized I totally forgot about Kate and Yelena. Hawkeye was another one I really enjoyed with characters I can't wait to see come back and the fact that I forgot about them goes to show how some of the good post-Endgame stuff has been absolutely buried under years of stuff.
Yeah, I feel the same way. There's a lot of focus recently on the problems in the MCU, but I personally have enjoyed most of the stuff even after Endgame. Wandavision was clever, Hawkeye was great, I really want She-Hulk to be an ongoing series, so forth and so on.
Except for Secret Invasion, that was a MASSIVE disappointment. Even the stuff that stumbled had some cool stuff buried in the mess.

Madame Web (2024)

madame-webb-1700066845166.jpg

In this latest instalment in the MCU, a woman named Cassandra Web gains the ability to see and alter the future, which results in the PSP existing in 2003. Unfortunately, this causes her destiny to become entangled with three young girls who are being pursued by the villainous Spiderman. Spiderman, much like in his prior film 3 Dev Adam, loves killing women, because of the horrible nightmares that plague him. Every night, he dreams of three women beating the shit out of him and throwing him off a building, while he screams "NOOOOO!!!" This is because of the Spider's Curse, which was put upon him after he killed Madame Web's mother, evaded the Peruvian Jungle Spider People, and escaped with the magical spider that gave him his powers. This means that Spiderman does NOT in fact have radioactive spider blood. Together with three teenagers with attitude, Madame Web must wander from place to place until she can arrive at the PepsiCo Fireworks Factory.

I love this movie. The visuals are horrific; there's a CG bird that made me laugh uncontrollably. The acting is terrible. Dakota Johnson pulls off a terribly flat performance, and every single joke she and the other characters say lands with a thud. Big shout out to Tahar Rahim, whose performance as Spiderman is equally as entertaining as Tom Hardy's is in the Venom films. Just amazing, perfectly comedic delivery on every single line. He also hangs out with some hacker girl with good vibes. Much like the Venom films before it, it's incredibly entertaining! An absolute treat on every level. Not quite as good as Venom 2, since it's a half hour longer, but there's plenty of mind-melter moments. Madame Web acting like a HUGE jerk at a baby shower, Spiderman murdering people to Britanny Spear's Toxic, a lot of talk about how excited Ben is to be an uncle! Madame Web driving girls out into the woods and leaving them there! Each and every scene in this movie seems like it'll break out into a sketch comedy bit at any moment, like something out of I Think You Should Leave. It's far, far better than Morbius, which was just boring. You will NEVER be bored watching this. NEVER.

Sony is treating the superhero genre with the exact level of respect it deserves, which is none! I'm so excited to see how this ties into Venom 3!

Madame Web (2024)

In this latest instalment in the MCU, a woman named Cassandra Web gains the ability to see and alter the future, which results in the PSP existing in 2003. Unfortunately, this causes her destiny to become entangled with three young girls who are being pursued by the villainous Spiderman. Spiderman, much like in his prior film 3 Dev Adam, loves killing women, because of the horrible nightmares that plague him. Every night, he dreams of three women beating the shit out of him and throwing him off a building, while he screams "NOOOOO!!!" This is because of the Spider's Curse, which was put upon him after he killed Madame Web's mother, evaded the Peruvian Jungle Spider People, and escaped with the magical spider that gave him his powers. This means that Spiderman does NOT in fact have radioactive spider blood. Together with three teenagers with attitude, Madame Web must wander from place to place until she can arrive at the PepsiCo Fireworks Factory.

I love this movie. The visuals are horrific; there's a CG bird that made me laugh uncontrollably. The acting is terrible. Dakota Johnson pulls off a terribly flat performance, and every single joke she and the other characters say lands with a thud. Big shout out to Tahar Rahim, whose performance as Spiderman is equally as entertaining as Tom Hardy's is in the Venom films. Just amazing, perfectly comedic delivery on every single line. He also hangs out with some hacker girl with good vibes. Much like the Venom films before it, it's incredibly entertaining! An absolute treat on every level. Not quite as good as Venom 2, since it's a half hour longer, but there's plenty of mind-melter moments. Madame Web acting like a HUGE jerk at a baby shower, Spiderman murdering people to Britanny Spear's Toxic, a lot of talk about how excited Ben is to be an uncle! Madame Web driving girls out into the woods and leaving them there! Each and every scene in this movie seems like it'll break out into a sketch comedy bit at any moment, like something out of I Think You Should Leave. It's far, far better than Morbius, which was just boring. You will NEVER be bored watching this. NEVER.

Sony is treating the superhero genre with the exact level of respect it deserves, which is none! I'm so excited to see how this ties into Venom 3!

This might be the single review that has sold me on watching Madame Web.

Madame Web (2024)

*slow clap*

Cassandra Web
Lmao

I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind for the first time recently because amazon threw it in my face. Did not know it's a sci-fi movie lol. Also the audio was about 0,75 seconds desynced so the whole thing was a little uncanny. Was not expecting to be as confused as I was, but it was also not as complicated as I initially thought when the credits started to roll.

I am taking a long flight soon and am excited to see what movies they have on there to continue watching movies in less than ideal circumstances.

Anyone watching X-Men 97? It's hitting on all cylinders and picks up right where the original ended back in the 90s.

Episode 3 came out this morning and it hasn't skipped a beat since the two-episode debut.

Overwhelmed by his second life as Spider-Man, his studies at the prestigious Visions Academy, and a crush on a girl from another Spider-verse; Miles has a panic attack that manifests in terrifying ways in The Spider Within: A Spider-Verse Story

In partnership with the Kevin Love Fund, the short film is the result of the Leading and Empowering New Storytellers (LENS) program, a 9-month leadership training program that provides candidates from underrepresented groups with an opportunity to gain valuable leadership experience in animation. Program participants are tasked with creating an original short film, set in the existing world of a feature produced by SPA and SPI.

Anyone watching X-Men 97? It's hitting on all cylinders and picks up right where the original ended back in the 90s.

Episode 3 came out this morning and it hasn't skipped a beat since the two-episode debut.

;)

Back
Top Bottom