• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Strikers: Battle League |ST| So much hurt, it's fun!

Extremely stupid question perhaps: How do I hear the Mario music during gameplay?? (For example NSMB theme).
Remixes from older games play when both halves of the stadiums are the same e.g. both Spooky Mansion will play remixed Luigi's Mansion music, both Mushroom Hill will play remixed Mario platformer music, etc.

Remixes from older games play when both halves of the stadiums are the same e.g. both Spooky Mansion will play remixed Luigi's Mansion music, both Mushroom Hill will play remixed Mario platformer music, etc.

So against the computer it's basically random if it will play or not?

The single-player content may be thin, which I assume is Nintendo's decision, but you have got to applaud NLG for how well-done the little we have is.

The Galactic Cups are tough and engaging. Plus, the fact each one of them has you facing teams focused on one stat is brilliant. Not only did that allow them to create six cups for each difficulty level, which is a pretty good amount, but it also forces players to hone specific skills. I had to get way better at intercepting lob passes to be able to win the Chain Cup and I had to polish my charge-tackle skills to defeat the Muscle Cup teams due to how regular tackles will mostly do nothing against their strength-based builds.

Time repeats itself...
IMG_6632.png

Maybe I play too many of these because I don't think the initial cups are particularly well-tuned to help you get better at certain things at all. Generally, you get less time on the ball and have to give less time on the ball with each one. You have to break up opposing pass chains more often as well. Otherwise, there's not much between them, IMO.

Looking forward to the next set of cups, but this game seems more like they just turn up the amounts of tackle dodges, chained passes, and closing speed on the COM for each successive cup and called it a day.

Maybe I play too many of these because I don't think the initial cups are particularly well-tuned to help you get better at certain things at all. Generally, you get less time on the ball and have to give less time on the ball with each one. You have to break up opposing pass chains more often as well. Otherwise, there's not much between them, IMO.

Looking forward to the next set of cups, but this game seems more like they just turn up the amounts of tackle dodges, chained passes, and closing speed on the COM for each successive cup and called it a day.
Yeah, I was talking about the Galactic cups, not the Normal ones. The Normal ones feel almost like breezy practice, though I did have to replay the last cup.

I might be wrong, but my feeling is that there is no difficulty bump within each of the six cups. The exception might be the last one. What changes between them is just the stats spread of the teams you face. The difficulty bump just occurs between Normal and Galactic.

I was getting destroyed in the last Galactic Cup, but then all of a sudden I was able to squeeze in three narrow and dramatic victories to win the whole thing. I guess I am done with the cups. It was quite a ride.
The code is * Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
if anything need changed in the club let me hear your opinions. I've put it for anyone with the code to be able to join.
Btw it is possible to give the club ownership to another player if needed.
I just joined the club. I was going to join with my offensive-minded Bowser, but since I saw there is already a Mario in there who is set up to shoot extremely well, I went with the Peach I have been using as a midfielder.

Hopefully we can get 20 members in there before the season starts.

The Galactic Cups are lame, tbh. The opponents just hit lots of Starmen, etc., to keep games close.

This game needs a big expansion on options. Items should have a toggle, super shot should have a toggle, there should be difficulty levels and even basic sliders.

It also needs a season mode on 3/1/0 points scoring, maybe even enough teams to have two levels with promotion relegation. And stats that are kept across seasons.

Bleh, I wasted sixty bucks. That's my fault. I am not buying Mario Tennis or Strikers at launch again unless I see more in-depth features like the ones I want for Strikers advertised beforehand. I might as well hold onto this to see if the updates make it worth playing.

I was getting destroyed in the last Galactic Cup, but then all of a sudden I was able to squeeze in three narrow and dramatic victories to win the whole thing. I guess I am done with the cups. It was quite a ride.

I just joined the club. I was going to join with my offensive-minded Bowser, but since I saw there is already a Mario in there who is set up to shoot extremely well, I went with the Peach I have been using as a midfielder.

Galactic cups as of now are kicking my butt.

Hope we can get enough people so that everyone can try to play what they like as well and not just to fill the gaps so far.

The Mario was me just because I’m terrible at shooting so just decked Mario out so I wouldn’t be so useless when the season starts.
Maybe I’ll get better before then though who knows lol

Last edited:
The Mario was me just because I’m terrible at shooting so just decked Mario out so I wouldn’t be so useless when the season starts.
Maybe I’ll get better before then though who knows lol
He is a beast! I was using him and scoring goals consistently from pretty much anywhere where shooting is a possibility. My game plan when he was in the team was "get that dude free and shoot".
Galactic cups as of now are kicking my butt.

Hope we can get enough people so that everyone can try to play what they like as well and not just to fill the gaps so far.
Yeah! It would be nice if we end up having a decent coverage of the roster too.

Good luck with the cups!
Galactic Cups / Hard Mode is no joke. Definitely getting flashbacks to how difficult Charged could be at times.
Yep, that's the vibe I got from them too.

I think the chances of new features, even if just QoL, coming in as DLC are minimal.

Don't think we will get anything besides new characters, stages, gear and club customization.

If you don't learn anything from me, try learning bank passes. It changes the game so much. L + pass and you can send through balls and also direct your pass at the wall to bank it. This game is pretty in-depth

Can you all explain the Club Mode to me? I read everything in game but still don’t really get it.

Also, this game rules.

I assume at this point that Nintendo continues to release these barebone games and updates them post launch because it is driving engagement? I can't believe that they continue to hear their vocal online base about the games feeling shallow at launch and them not trying to improve this. Any other IP launching like this would not have sold 100k units. It's ridiculous and embarrassing

Can you all explain the Club Mode to me? I read everything in game but still don’t really get it.
So basically, you can create or join a club which can hold up to 20 players and then play matches (by yourself or paired up with another club member) for that club to earn club tokens which are used for customisation. There is off and on season - off season (which is what it is currently) is basically friendly matches where you go against another club and earn coins and club tokens and on season is the same but it is ranked, you earn club points depending on if you win, lose, or tie a match (and also presumably earning more club tokens in an on season match) and if you do good compared to other clubs in terms of points, you rank up. The first season starts next Monday and they all last for one week (off-season also lasts one week) and all have different rules to mix things up.

So basically, you can create or join a club which can hold up to 20 players and then play matches (by yourself or paired up with another club member) for that club to earn club tokens which are used for customisation. There is off and on season - off season (which is what it is currently) is basically friendly matches where you go against another club and earn coins and club tokens and on season is the same but it is ranked, you earn club points depending on if you win, lose, or tie a match (and also presumably earning more club tokens in an on season match) and if you do good compared to other clubs in terms of points, you rank up.
Oh! That sounds cool. Do we have one that I can join even though I'm undoubtedly worse than everyone here?

If you don't learn anything from me, try learning bank passes. It changes the game so much. L + pass and you can send through balls and also direct your pass at the wall to bank it. This game is pretty in-depth
Nice to know. I will try some matches right now and see what I can do with it. I barely touched the free pass mechanic when playing against the CPU. This game certainly has way more depth than the previous two Strikers games.

Just joined the club as well! I brought my super fast toad, I often use him in one of the midfield position.
I wont get to much points I guess. Currently I am getting my assed kicked in the Galactic Cup. CPU can score from the middle without even charging a shot. And they really know how to intercept my passes. This will need some practice!

Currently I am getting my assed kicked in the Galactic Cup. CPU can score from the middle without even charging a shot. And they really know how to intercept my passes. This will need some practice!
Yup, Galactic Mode is a very nice and welcomed challenge which we don't really see in Mario Sports anymore - I managed to beat all of Galactic Mode earlier today so I know exactly what you are going through. I decided to experiment for the Galactic Mode Championship Cup by doing a no gear team of Mario, Rosa, Wario, and Waluigi and somehow it worked really well.

Galactic Mode cups almost require you to play through balls for quick in-on-goal attempts.

You can also play out of the back, but it's risky. It's a bit easier to create space for a shot if you can effectively build out of the back, though. One thing I learned clearing the Galactic Cups is that when you get space, you need to take the shot. It comes at a premium and defenders close very quickly.

Lots of 1-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 games on my way through those Galactic Cups.

Just joined the club as well! I brought my super fast toad, I often use him in one of the midfield position.
I wont get to much points I guess. Currently I am getting my assed kicked in the Galactic Cup. CPU can score from the middle without even charging a shot. And they really know how to intercept my passes. This will need some practice!
I just used that Toad. Little guy is just crazy fast. I was able to run past a lot of defenders because of him.

I just used that Toad. Little guy is just crazy fast. I was able to run past a lot of defenders because of him.
Absolutely. I experimented with some max. Stats and I found him useful. Sometimes I even managed to score with him, despite the very low shooting-Stat. If you get close to the goal, even he can score.

Yup, Galactic Mode is a very nice and welcomed challenge which we don't really see in Mario Sports anymore - I managed to beat all of Galactic Mode earlier today so I know exactly what you are going through. I decided to experiment for the Galactic Mode Championship Cup by doing a no gear team of Mario, Rosa, Wario, and Waluigi and somehow it worked really well.
I will try that. I am always experimenting with different teams and tactics. Would love to do a lot of passing, but CPU is a king of intereceptions.

Our Famiboards club is up to 10 members! Awesome!

Lurkers of the world, come in and join us for the upcoming season. Our roster currently needs a DK, a Wario, a Luigi, and a Bowser. But you can join with whatever character you want.

Our Famiboards club is up to 10 members! Awesome!

Lurkers of the world, come in and join us for the upcoming season. Our roster currently needs a DK, a Wario, a Luigi, and a Bowser. But you can join with whatever character you want.
Been away but I'll join this eve. Will do DK if no one else has by then

I'll join!
Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Check post #277 by Skipper93653 for the code.

I can't quote it because the code is only visible for registered users, and when text is configured like that, it cannot be quoted.

PS: How can we make text like that anyway? I checked the options so I could do it myself, but couldn't find anything.

Great to see the club filling up. Damn that Mario and Toad saved me on a match right now.
Please everyone remember that you can vote on stadium customizations, so far we don't have a lot, so I did not buy anything. Also, if people want to change the kits and stadium themes, just let me know.

Great to see the club filling up. Damn that Mario and Toad saved me on a match right now.
Please everyone remember that you can vote on stadium customizations, so far we don't have a lot, so I did not buy anything. Also, if people want to change the kits and stadium themes, just let me know.
I will check them out and leave some votes. I was actually looking at the list of options earlier today and noticed there are a lot of things that are locked. I wonder if they will be time-based unlocks or if they unlock as we buy more stuff. Plus, there is a very expensive stadium upgrade that makes the haunted mansion much bigger, and there seems to be four tiers of upgrades in that regard! I wonder how badass the last one is.

Anyway, I played some matches now using one of the DKs as a defender and it worked wonderfully. I had only used Waluigi in that position so it was nice to have another defender for a change.

Awesome! Welcome aboard!

Check post #277 by Skipper93653 for the code.

I can't quote it because the code is only visible for registered users, and when text is configured like that, it cannot be quoted.

PS: How can we make text like that anyway? I checked the options so I could do it myself, but couldn't find anything.

Thank you! I'm in and joined as a Bowser with souped-up shooting ability.

Probably my most satisfying play yet xD

Online quick-match
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Purchased Strikers with some leftover credit but have yet to open it. Have a bit of buyers remorse after reading a few more reviews acknowledging concerns about amount of content and whatnot. My biggest gripe is that I am still playing on a Lite and a game like this seems to be a bit underwhelming playing solo. Has there been much information on what is included in the upcoming DLCS? New characters, stadiums, or anything of that kind.

Anyone looking for an alternate club to join!

72G06H4

It's called Furret'sFrolic after the Stadium 2 mini game, and yes Furret is the mascot! There's 6 members already, and myself and my brother will be playing a lot during the season. See you there

Purchased Strikers with some leftover credit but have yet to open it. Have a bit of buyers remorse after reading a few more reviews acknowledging concerns about amount of content and whatnot. My biggest gripe is that I am still playing on a Lite and a game like this seems to be a bit underwhelming playing solo. Has there been much information on what is included in the upcoming DLCS? New characters, stadiums, or anything of that kind.
I don't remember if any specific information about the DLC was ever given, but it is assumed it will include characters, stadiums, and gear.

And yeah, there is not much content, which is a shame. But it's worth mentioning that the last single-player cups offer a pretty good challenge. And, personally, even though I still think Nintendo should change their approach with these games, I have gotten good mileage out of Battle League already. I must be hovering at around 30 hours of gameplay, and the first season hasn't even started.

Joined the club! Still need to equip optimal gear, as I have been playing without any. Going to do a little more research and get to it.

Back
Top Bottom