• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Strikers: Battle League |ST| So much hurt, it's fun!

I just had a match online where both me and the other man keep free lob passing each other to the death. It was highly funny, but it definitely needs to be patched out or else anyone not aware of the cheese will be destroyed online.

Nintendo's Fiscal Quarter Numbers for Mario Strikers: Battle League
We now have sales numbers for Mario Strikers: Battle League as of June 30th: 1.91 million as of June 30th 2022 Mario Strikers: Battle League has better numbers than Mario Tennis Aces and Mario Golf: Super Rush's first reported numbers (both were at 1.3m when first reported on). This makes it the best opening ever for a Mario Sports game.

We now have sales numbers for Mario Strikers: Battle League as of June 30th: 1.91 million as of June 30th 2022 Mario Strikers: Battle League has better numbers than Mario Tennis Aces and Mario Golf: Super Rush's first reported numbers (both were at 1.3m when first reported on). This makes it the best opening ever for a Mario Sports game.
Hopefully this secures post launch support more akin to Aces than Super Rush with some 2023 waves until the year mark.

I'm shocked that Strikers in fact did not bomb as people had been saying.

Nice that they fixed it. I haven't played in a few weeks, should get back to it this weekend.

Amazing to me how Nintendo turned one of their oldest(and just sort of there?) characters into one of their most fun and well liked new characters with Pauline. Kudos to them for that. She's so cool now.

Especially love that she's a powerhouse in this game.

Also Diddy is back baby! House DK representing. Perhaps this is some slow build up for the year of DK in 2023...? 🤔

Nintendo plz just go ahead and add these two to Mario Kart 8 already while you are at it, plz we are begging you!! lol

We now know the new character's stats and...
unknown.png
unknown.png

Pauline now has the highest base strength stat in the whole game (Bowser for comparison)!​

Whew that Strength stat. She's also pretty quick, I imagine with some shooting/technique she'd be quite fun to use, like a strong version of Toad haha.

Been so busy with all of the other games that have come out these past couple of months that I haven't had much time for Strikers. Hoping to get back into it with the new update!

Seems to be lining up that the update drops sometime tomorrow with their being scheduled maintenance and Nintendo UK tweeting the victory animations of Pauline and Diddy Kong.

Did they ever say how many updates this game would get? Pauline + Diddy is a great combo. I told myself I'd get the game whenever they added Diddy. I just hope new modes are in the cards with one of these updates.

Edit: NVM, looks like it will be one more update after this one and no new modes...

Perfect Free Passes being harder to do is a welcome change even though it's throwing me off my timing so much. Feels like an indirect buff to defense since the used to enable camping, and they were also the easiest way to set up into a goal.

I'm liking Diddy Kong, his stats feel comparable to Toad so he's bound to be a strong character. Pauline feels like one of the stronger defenders of the game, you can even buff her Shooting up while retaining her best attributes in order to be a really speedy shot-taker.

This was a really good update and honestly feels like what the game should have launched as. The newest characters are really good and fun, the more casual new customization options in club are neat, and the balancing of AI, pity items and free passing were necessary.

Edit: Forgot to mention finally for non-club ranked.

Hopeful for NLG to keep making the updates substantial and that there’s more after this year.

Just popped this back in today randomly. I was really disappointed in the launch state being so bare bones and honestly it still kinda is but adding that basic Striker Ranking was enough for a sucker like me.

Don’t know how much I’ll end up playing but for the time being I’m having a lot of fun. Pretty clear this game is a multiplayer experience first and foremost, but now that I’ve gotten over that I can just enjoy it for what it is.

For me it‘s a couch coop game, but then the controls are a bit to tricky for simple pick-up and play. Then I also would not care for a story/career mode like in Golf or Tennis Aces, but for 60€ it‘s a quite expensive game for the occasional couch sessions I have.

Yikes i got this game for the switch day 1 and oof what a big mistake i made got way too caught up in the hype cause of one of the older mario sports games was coming back.

Mario baseball and 3v3 basketball were the best iirc. What's the best sports title on Switch? If any are even good. I like when charas have unique actions. They seem to avoid that.

I was a huge fan of Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii, and months after release of this I need to say it doesn't quite live up to that.

I feel they upped the complexity in a frustrating way, and the smaller arenas make it less satisfying to play.

I predict a bigger and better version of this will release. Like, a new game, but heavily built upon this one.
With bigger stadiums, more stadiums, optional Stage hazards, Story Mode, other Side Modes, and just more to do in general.
Would be a fairly 'simple' game, since they now have the base and so many high quality models.

Back
Top Bottom