• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This... this pretty much goes beyond what I expected for a sequel and in terms of actual expansion is what I was hoping Splatoon 3 would be (the story mode in the latter is better than previous entries at least but it could be much more).

I mean, I can't remember the last time a sequel revolutionized its gameplay and world so much for the better. This might as well be a new Mario RPG except bigger than any of those previous games.

This... this pretty much goes beyond what I expected for a sequel and in terms of actual expansion is what I was hoping Splatoon 3 would be (the story mode in the latter is better than previous entries at least but it could be much more).

I mean, I can't remember the last time a sequel revolutionized its gameplay and world so much for the better. This might as well be a new Mario RPG except bigger than any of those previous games.
Yeah can't say I'm too familiar with the Mario RPGs but it really does seem like people who miss those might find something worthwhile here

In many ways it looks like Mario + Rabbids is now being positioned as the successor to those games despite the wildly different core gameplay

The first game had 4 distinct areas and the game on how long to beat is approximately 20 hours (which I think is undershooting it imo) so I think at the very least it will be longer.

Okay we finally know the name of the autumn world. So we now know the names of the first four planets...

1.)
Beacon Beach
2.)
Pristine Peaks
3.)
Palette Prime
4.)
Terra Flora

Last edited:
I think its hilarious how the internet kept complaining about the rabbids only saying bwah for like a decade and a half, then the first game they get different voices... people start to complain!

Tho i cant believe beep-0 is bri*ish im literally shaking and crying

I think its hilarious how the internet kept complaining about the rabbids only saying bwah for like a decade and a half, then the first game they get different voices... people start to complain!
I don't think I've seen anybody say they flatout disliked it though. More that it was a bit jarring.

Made the mistake of watching the Nintendo Life preview and the part where they say: "Yeah, is good but it doesn't have that Nintendo polish..." made my eyes roll to infinity.

This is why I can't take them seriously.

It's ok if they are not together.
I am an artist.
I have the power!!

Game looks fantastic, I did not know the Rabbids speaks as much as they seem to do, tho. Feels like they have intentionally not given focus on that at all. Showing scenes where they DO speak but only make noises in the first footage. Weird.
I do not think I'll mind them talking, but I wish at least the Mario characters had new voice lines alongside them. Do not have to talk much, but, the reused sounds is a bit noticeable nowadays

minnmax did a stream where twitch chat try to guess the composer for certain music in sparks of hope and they apparently know who did what, such as the first song they played is done by gareth coker, go to 11m into the stream to take a listen... it sounds so good! Ben also says it might be OST of the year.

1. Gareth Coker (Starts 11m 4s in Twitch VOD)
2. Yoko Shimomura (Starts 14m 6s in Twitch VOD)
3. Grant Kirkhope (Starts 17m 37s in Twitch VOD)
4. Yoko Shimomura (Starts 19m 38s in Twitch VOD)
5. Yoko Shimomura (Starts 21m 25s in Twitch VOD)
6. Yoko Shimomura (Starts 24m 35s in Twitch VOD)
7. Yoko Shimomura (Starts 26m 47s in Twitch VOD)
8. Grant Kirkhope (Starts 28m 52s in Twitch VOD)
9. Grant Kirkhope (Starts 31m 11s in Twitch VOD)

The preview event happened to be heavily feature Shimomura's music and only 1 by Coker, we'll see how many they did across the full game when it releases soon.

Last edited:
Really interested to learn what the fifth slot on the skill tree will be used for, since it's just showed as ? in all the footage I've seen of it

Looks like there might be a fairly major mechanic they're keeping under wraps still, which is pretty exciting.

Really glowing previews. The game looks stellar. The open ended design, map exploration, battle system that's more open and all the new stuff makes this game sound waaaaayyyy better than Kingdom Battle. David Solliani and the team really made miracles. Can't wait to get it on a sale!!! Looks like GOAT material. Hope it gets GOTY nominations.

I wonder how lengthy the Rayman DLC will be, DK Adventure DLC for Kingdom Battle was pretty lengthy and also the planned release date for the Rayman DLC (DLC 3) is 2024 according to the e-Shop whereas DLC 1 and 2 are planned for 2023.

There's actually continuity!
SPOILER_Screenshot_20220926_082922_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

4K Widescreen version of key art.
Fd1bue6XoAIEXpz
Hm the presence of only the three Spark Hunters does make me think there might be only five worlds total. That is, the sea world (boss Alpha Wildclaw), the ice world (boss is Midnite), autumn world (boss is the pink muscle/mummy Rabbid), and Terra Flora (the only name I remember, boss is plant lady), followed by a final world with Cursa.

I could see a final final zone that's a bit sparser after that maybe though that's just a complete Darkmess planet of some sort

Last edited:
Hm the presence of only the three Spark Hunters does make me think there might be only five worlds total. That is, the sea world (boss Alpha Wildclaw), the ice world (boss is Midnite), autumn world (boss is the pink muscle/mummy Rabbid), and Terra Flora (the only name I remember, boss is plant lady), followed by a final world with Cursa.

I could see a final final zone that's a bit sparser after that maybe though that's just a complete Darkmess planet of some sort
There's also the Cursa Ray, that could be the final boss of its own planet.

considering ubi revealed the plot twist, what are the chances we have a final battle with a plot twist?
Like, another plot twist?

I think we're out of Mario related plot twists honestly, even this one is a step up from the default "it was BOWSER all along!"

Edit: Actually where's Jr at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom