• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that this game even exists is still an unreal blessing

• ubisoft investing in a non GAAS
  • nintendo collaborating with a third party IP
  • nintendo revisiting galaxy elements
  • this level of budget for a tactical RPG
  • this level of graphics on the Switch
I could go on

He's here to announce Galaxy 2 HD as a free pre order bonus right?!

What's the budget on this game? Because what the hell it looks so much better visually and aesthetically than the first game.

Looks so good, can't wait for the release, it's crazy how much grander they are going with this one

This looks great. Day one.

And holy hell, Kirkhope + Coker + Shimomura is a ridiculous composer lineup

I think it looks so good because of the art direction/color choice and the graphic shader. Because it seems like the environment models are more low poly and not textured much. Very cool.

Holy shit that composer list

Also, looks like the game is called Mario + Rabbids Galaxy Battle in Japan.

I'm still curious about the real time movement. Can you dash any many enemies as you want? If there's a limit, what prevents you from doing more? Does the button just not do anything anymore? Is there a way to see how far a team jump/helicopter will take you with out actually performing it? If you decide you want to do something different, can you undo your movement?

For as radical a gameplay change as it is, I feel like they're doing a poor job explaining how it works.

I'm still curious about the real time movement. Can you dash any many enemies as you want? If there's a limit, what prevents you from doing more? Does the button just not do anything anymore? Is there a way to see how far a team jump/helicopter will take you with out actually performing it? If you decide you want to do something different, can you undo your movement?

For as radical a gameplay change as it is, I feel like they're doing a poor job explaining how it works.

Looks self explanatory, you can dash any enemies inside your range. Also it's very likely they're just saving some stuff for the game tutorials. Not that big of a deal

The Nomura-esque Rabbid being named Edge is just... so so perfect lol.

Also looked like one of the enemies is a sniper wolf Rabbid. So maybe love really can bloom on the battlefield? :p

Solani is straight up the most loveable guy in video games. How is he part of Ubisoft.
Game looks like a massive step up over the first, and that game wasn’t some cheap shot either. I‘m in.

this kinda feels like the out of combat stuff could potentially be on par with the old paper mario games

it has so much potential if they can nail both that and the combat system

"Yoko Shimomura is one of the composers" is more hype inducing than any shred of gameplay they could ever show.

Alright, Ubisoft. You fucking win. I'll go beat the first one some time before October, and then I'll actually consume more of Spark of Hope's prerelease information.

Looks great. I really liked the first game too so definitely in. Also it is a very good looking switch game but where does this "must be pro footage" come from ?

Everything about this looks lovely.

I think the decision to give Rabbids voices that are closer to the characters they're cribbing is a good one, along with voice lines. Should help smooth some of the more grating aspects of their personalities.

What's the budget on this game? Because what the hell it looks so much better visually and aesthetically than the first game.
easily one of the biggest games involving nintendo ips ever made.

Everything about this looks lovely.

I think the decision to give Rabbids voices that are closer to the characters they're cribbing is a good one, along with voice lines. Should help smooth some of the more grating aspects of their personalities.
i didn't notice this but holy shit i agree so much. They were already trying to give personalities to the rabbids in the first game but this will go the extra extra mile.
Looks great. I really liked the first game too so definitely in. Also it is a very good looking switch game but where does this "must be pro footage" come from ?
People said it couldn't have been running on switch way back in e3 2021 lol.

Kirkhope, Coker, and Shimomura...

Soliani just straight up flexin now lol
Agreed.

I may be solo, but I have mixed feelings about the look? The first game was gorgeous, and they're definitely pushing things further technically here, but it doesn't quite gel for me.

The background environments in the previous game were super busy, but that was okay, because you couldn't explore them. Outdoor environments here look simultaneously busy and empty, trying to make a fully explorable version of the first game. And maybe just because it deviates from the usual Mario lighting, but something about the faux raytraced look in the lighting shader I don't like - I thought for sure that was alpha build stuff from last year but it seems retained.

Really excited about the ambition on display, and having something that feels spiritually inline with early Paper Mario and Mario+Luigi, while having it's own identity is really exciting. Glad we're getting this thing and it's not playing it safe.

Also: I didn't get far in the DK DLC for the first game, but I was surprised at how much new stuff was in it. DK being able to throw enemies across the map seems to have been a first draft version of Mario throwing bombs around. Really neat how much this team is willing to innovate here.

I didn't watch the show, but I am glad to see the reception has been incredibly positive. This one is going to be awesome!

I’m glad you guys are loving what you see. Should sell well again.

the exploration and puzzles outside of battles seem way better than the original. that was one of the weaknesses of the first game for me. the world was beautiful but there wasn't much to do in it, other than walking from battle to battle.

the exploration and puzzles outside of battles seem way better than the original. that was one of the weaknesses of the first game for me. the world was beautiful but there wasn't much to do in it, other than walking from battle to battle.
I really dug some of the puzzles in the previous game, but getting stuck behind one when you just want to get to the next battle was frustrating. Adding an exploration element (above and beyond the backtracking-for-bonus-content that the first game had) is a good move

jun-29-202222-57-24x6kiy.gif

I wasn’t really enthusiastic on the idea of a sequel. I enjoyed the first game despite that SRPGs are like my least favorite genre, though it helped that it had some exploration and puzzles outside of battles, which weren’t braindead. It’s a solid game but 100%ing it really made it overstay its welcome, there are so many challenge maps. I haven’t even gone around to do the DK DLC, I thought they really squeezed everything out of this concept, no need for another extra campaign. They seem to have went above and beyond for this sequel, the scale is clearly much bigger. No grid is cool, it was kind of annoying how in the first you could use up the moving part of your turn by mistake. It feels like a whole adventure game with tactical battles now

However

No Yoshi no buy

Kinda wish there were more NPCs other than Rabbids.

But they’re probably doing what they can given the Mario Quality Control™ team
Hey, there are also Toads (you can see one in the trailer they showed at the end)

Which...yeah ok that's also on the MQC team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom