• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot take? I like Rayman better without the big eyebrows. I think it works with the more expressive 2D art in Origins/Legends, but in 3D I like Rayman looking more like his Rayman 2 version.

The wording of the announcement tweet carefully says its Rayman on a new adventure with the Rabbids, so I wouldn't expect the Mario crew to be in the DLC party right now.
Hoping that's just poor wording. Otherwise, Soliani and his team might have missed the point of why Rayman fans were bummed out by the first game.

Love this series but since it's likely going to get a steep discount like it's predecessor, I'm finna wait for the discount. 😎

I'm wondering if I can hold off on this game long enough to wait for the inevitable Ubisoft discount

If the reviews are really good I might just give up and grab it on launch, and I'm afraid they probably will be

Understatement. Its the biggest nintendo game ever made funnily enough. 7 studios working on it and if im not mistaken over 400 people.
Really ? That's crazy!
Development teams: Ubisoft Milan, Paris, Montpellier, Chengdu, Pune.
According to Davide Soliani: The development team has grew 4 times the size since Kingdom Battle!

This game absolutely has the highest budget and the largest development team for a game based on a Nintendo IP.

Understatement. Its the biggest nintendo game ever made funnily enough. 7 studios working on it and if im not mistaken over 400 people.
And the funniest thing is that it's not even a Nintendo game ! XD
The Mario game made by the most amount of workers ever ain't even funded by Nintendo, that's crazy

The production values on this game are insane

We got a bit more information about the mechanics here. To make a note of some of the more obvious things

• You can use the Robot Roomba thing (Beep-0, I think) to uncover secrets in the environment, like hidden paths
  • There's a dedicated leveling system now, which I don't think was present in the first game? Hopefully it doesn't mess with difficulty since there's an implied degree of openness to the game. Also, doesn't seem like there's different weapons in the game, just different skins. The different weapon affects seem to be isolated to Sparks
  • In general, the Sparks seem to be the key mechanic of the game. Each character has access to 4 abilities like the first game, but instead of a weapon, sub weapon, and two character abilities, in this game each character has 1 weapon, one character ability, and 2 Spark abilities. With "dozens" of Sparks, this should provide a nice amount of variety in kitting out characters
  • Items are a thing. We don't really know how they work, but they've been mentioned before and have a tab on the pre battle menu. If I had to guess, they're probably a limited use special effect of some sort
  • Each character still seems to have unique movement options, like Mario being able to stomp on enemies and Bowser having an AoE damage landing after a team jump

This sounds awesome, might be my game of the year!

I'm wondering if I can hold off on this game long enough to wait for the inevitable Ubisoft discount

If the reviews are really good I might just give up and grab it on launch, and I'm afraid they probably will be
I can wait till the Gold edition hits standard price. It’ll be like 6 months tops and I have tons to work on

Alright, more detailed breakdown time. Why? Because I want to, dammit. I'm going to spoiler the sections because this'll be long

Let's start with the overworld screen. The top left has a compass, the title of a quest (presumably the selected one) and a short description of the next objective in that quest. The - button is assigned to a book, which occasionally shakes on screen. I'm going to assume this a quest log, but it could also be for saving I suppose? + is for settings or saving, Y has Mario's M placed on what looks like the icon holding character levels, so I'm guessing it opens the character menu. Then the remainder of the left side of the screen has the three currently selected characters with their levels and health totals. Actually, it's fairly interesting that health is shown outside of battle, since to me it implies that you won't auto-heal after combat like in the first game. Or maybe you can take environmental damage of some sort?

The right hand side of the overworld screen starts with 2 buttons next to Beep-0. The ZL button has a yellow target-like icon, and the ZR a purple wave-like icon. I'm guessing this are the button prompts for the item breaking and dowsing actions they showed off in the demo. There's also a count for 3 different collectibles - coins, star bits, and what looks to be a...wheel? Or maybe a gear? No idea what coins'll be used for (maybe buying items or weapon skins) but I'm guessin Star Bits will be used for Spark upgrades. Maybe the wheel/cog/whatever is something that expands the range of your ship, unlocking new areas? But that's just a guess. There's a Rabbid later on that seems to be offering one of these in exchange for clearing out some enemies, so I suppose they'll be used as sidequest rewards.

Not going to go too deep into the levels shown because I don't really have any idea what's going on, but the planet of Terra Flora looks pretty neat. There's some sort of underground section with what might be honey (there's also a Rabbid Bee), and also there's a gumball machine in the back of one of the shots. The puzzles look potentially interesting, and having more environmental interaction is nice. It really does seem like each planet has a variety of different zones to it, which is pretty neat. Man this game's scope seems to be massive.

Oh there's a mole in one of the scenes, but it's not Monty Mole. 0/10 do not buy

Alright, the battle scene. There's a lot to unpack here. To start off, this Wiggler battle has the objective of destroying the three "Darkmess" eyes located along the Wiggler's body, and a time limit of 12 turns (hey it's everyone's favorite XCOM mechanic! It's actually less of a deal with M + R since the gameplay here is much more fast paced and aggressive by design). The number of Darkmess eyes needed to be destroyed increases to 5 at some point, and then destroying those two doesn't end the battle, so the objective seems variable at least in these boss battles. Time limit seems constant though. Then there's the opportunity to examine the enemies. I think you might've been able to do this in the prior game, but there's a more dedicated UI to it now.

The effect boxes from the first game have been replaced by barrels. Clearly someone was playing Divinity Original Sin 2

As part of the game's attempt to make combat more...directly controllable? I guess? Each action is assigned to a specific button. Weapons on ZL, Sparks on L and R, ZR for the Hero's Technique, and X to open what I'm assuming is the item bag. The game also tracks how many dashes, team jumps, and other movement options (for Mario, it's the number of what I'm guessing is enemy stomps) you have left. Unlike the first game, dashes can hit multiple enemies at once if you line them up correctly, which is neat (and a good use of the new style of control, since that sort of granularity is harder in a traditional setup). The cover system seems to be the same as the first game, 50% hit chance for half cover, 0% for full cover, and 100% for no cover.

There's three types of enemies to start off with. Sea Stooges seem to be standard Splash-based enemies (the Super Effects here seem to be more like elements in a lot of ways, and these guys are pretty standard elemental folk). They're also weak to Shock damage, and resistant to Splash damage (as you'd expect). So elemental weaknesses are a thing now, not sure they were in the previous game but I don't recall them being explicitly stated.

Oozers are more debuff based. In addition to being Ooze elemental soldiers, they also have some sort of silence effect that they can inflict on either weapon attacks or techniques. Sounds annoying, but it's good to see the enemies have some teeth. They're weak to Gust, resistant to Ooze

Lone Wolves aren't elemental, but they have longer range and an Overwatch-type ability. Weak to Burn, resistant to Frostbite

On to our Heroes! Each Hero has a role with a short description attached.

Luigi - Sneak Attacker. He does a lot of damage at long range. So, should be mostly similar to the first game, though it's a shame his Poltegust isn't back

Rabbid Peach - Combat Healer. She heals. Same as the first game

Rabbid Luigi - Pest. Seems like he has some sort of weakening effect on enemy attacks. I feel like he might've had something similar in the first game? But I can't really remember off the top of my head

Peach - Protector. Yep, Peach is the tank. Wonder if she'll have some healing abilities as well like she had in the first game, or if she'll be dedicated to this

Rabbid Mario - Brawler. Focuses on short range, massive damage. Similar to his role in the first game

Edge - Blade Master. Says that her "speed and skill allows her to target multiple enemies and damage each with a single action". I wonder if she'll eventually pick up a passive like XCOM's Blademaster, which would allow her to chain kills

Bowser - Overseer. Specializes in AoE attacks and summoning minions. Not sure how the summoning works, but later we see an icon with some sort of Rabbid...koopa maybe? Or a bird. Not sure what's going on there. Bowser has an AoE after landing from a team jump

Mario - All-Rounder. Truly, we are shocked. But besides that helpful description, Mario has 2 guns, which can independently target enemies. He also brings in his "Hero Sight" (essentially Overwatch) from the first game. Mario also carries over his enemy jump ability from the prior game, with 3 enemy jumps available in the demoed portion.

Rabbid Rosalina - Demotivator. Excels at removing protection/cover with her weapon and can put enemies to sleep. I think Cranky Kong has a similar skill in the DK DLC for the first game

The Sparks each come with an active technique and a passive ability. Each Spark comes with a level, and an upgrade button. The upgrade button is never pressed. I don't know what it does. But if I had to guess, it might have something to do with Star Bits.

We're going to start off with a major category of Sparks, the elemental/Super Effect ones. The elemental Sparks come in at least two flavors based on their technique: the ones that give the element to your weapons (technique called __ Attack, lasts for one turn, at least at lvl 3, and has a three turn recharge), and the ones that do some sort of element super attack. As far as I can tell, there might also be two specific variations of this special attack, "Skyrain", which has a range listed and seems to just rain down meteors of that element, and "Shockwave", which sends out a number of Shockwaves. If I had to guess based on earlier descriptions, I'd imagine there's a third variety of elemental Spark that gives the element to your movement based attacks. They all share a passive (or similar passive) called __ Protector that grants immunity to that elemental special effect to the character with the equipped Spark (the wording scarily implied that it might be party-wide, which sounded broken, but I think that's just poor wording since Bowser gets hit with a Splash effect when Mario has a Splash Spark equipped). The passive also grants a percentage damage reduction to all special effects (25% for a level 2 Spark, 30% for a level 3 Spark). No clue how this stacks if you have multiple elemental Sparks.

Aquanox - Splash elemental Spark, technique is Splash Attack
Aquaquake - Splash elemental Spark, technique is Shockwave Splash (3 turn recharge, lvl 1)
Electrogeddon - Shock based elemental Spark, technique is Skyrain Shock (9 m range, 3 turn recharge at lvl 2)
Electroid - Shock elemental Spark, technique is Shock Attack
Cryobolide - Frostbite elemental Spark, technique is Frostbite Attack
Toxiquake - Ooze elemental Spark, technique is Shockwave Ooze (3 turn recharge, lvl 1).
Zephyrquake - Gust elemental Spark, technique is Shockwave Gust (probably, we don't actually see the name but it fits the pattern)

Then there's the miscellaneous Sparks. They're more unique, though a couple share a passive called Athlete, which buffs movement attacks (35% at lvl 4)

Glitter - Technique is "Gather Round" which draws enemies towards the user (at lvl 2, 15 m range, 3 turn recharge). There was a character who had a similar ability in the first game, but I can't remember who. DK has a similar ability in the DLC. Passive is Attack Master, which increases weapon-based attacks (by 20% at lvl 2)

Regenesis - Technique is Regen, which grants regen at the start of the next 2 turns (4 turn recharge at lvl 3). 30% of max HP at lvl 3. Passive is Healing Booster, which increases a Hero's max HP by 25% at level 3.

Exosphere - Technique is Fortify, which grants damage reduction to allies within range (35% at lvl 2, 13 m range, 1 turn duration, 4 turn recharge). Passive is Athlete

Starburst - Technique is Turbocharge, a damage buff to all allies within range (40% at lvl 3, 13 m range, 1 turn duration, 3 turn recharge). Passive is physical protector, which I guess is like the elemental protector passives, but for physical-type attacks.

Ethering - Technique is Unseen, which grants invisibility, making the Hero untargetable, but not immune to damage(duration 2, recharge 4). Passive is Athlete

Ok we're done. Not entirely sure why I did that, but it was pretty fun! Probably missed something, but it helped me at least get a better idea of the battle system and general gameplay loop.

Look at him go
Mario-Rabbids-Sparks-of-Hope_2022_09-10-22_008.png

Rayman fans bummed out that Rayman isn’t in the new Assassins Creed.
I really dislike Assassin's Creed.

I laughed, but deep down this truth hurts.
I don't think that's exactly true, at least within the video game community. In terms of Rabbids solo efforts, I don't believe any of them ever really outperformed Rayman's own games. Of course, without any hard data it's hard to say for certain. Guinness World records of all places has Rayman Legends at 4.48 million.

That looks like it might be the case as the series total sales went up about 5 million from 2014 to 2019.

Of course, a good bulk of Rabbids total sales recently came from the massive sales success of M+R. However, Rabbids just recently had their own game to come out, Party of Legends, without much fanfare. Thinking broadly, I do believe Rabbids are probably more popular than Rayman as of right now thanks to the likes of M+R and the highly successful TV show.

It's just a shame Rayman has to prove itself harder than it's little brothers. Like compare the excitement of Rayman today compared to when the first M+R leaked. I know gamers on the internet live in their own little bubble, of course, so that probably doesn't mean much. I just think some people gravely underestimate Rayman's popularity.

I really dislike Assassin's Creed.

I don't think that's exactly true, at least within the video game community. In terms of Rabbids solo efforts, I don't believe any of them ever really outperformed Rayman's own games. Of course, without any hard data it's hard to say for certain. Guinness World records of all places has Rayman Legends at 4.48 million.

That looks like it might be the case as the series total sales went up about 5 million from 2014 to 2019.

Of course, a good bulk of Rabbids total sales recently came from the massive sales success of M+R. However, Rabbids just recently had their own game to come out, Party of Legends, without much fanfare. Thinking broadly, I do believe Rabbids are probably more popular than Rayman as of right now thanks to the likes of M+R and the highly successful TV show.

It's just a shame Rayman has to prove itself harder than it's little brothers. Like compare the excitement of Rayman today compared to when the first M+R leaked. I know gamers on the internet live in their own little bubble, of course, so that probably doesn't mean much. I just think some people gravely underestimate Rayman's popularity.

Curious as to where Guinness got that number. As far as I can find, Legends didn't perform well enough for Ubisoft in its launch quarter. Maybe its counting a lot of discounted sales

Curious as to where Guinness got that number. As far as I can find, Legends didn't perform well enough for Ubisoft in its launch quarter. Maybe its counting a lot of discounted sales
Initially it didn't do so well, but it seemed to have done well in the long run based on this report.

While it obviously is counting discounted units, we do have a general idea of how well Legends did based on the reports.

It's a shame that Rayman likely won't interact directly with Mario.

Whelp, here it is.

While this is extremely disappointing, hopefully the success of this DLC will eventually give us an actual crossover with the plumber and limbless wonder.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this. DK Adventure had only few playable characters iirc, not having the base characters was a silly decision. This one probably will have only Rayman in it next to Rabbids.

Can't blame them, though. This is a Rabbids game through and through, others are just mere guests.

Was really hoping this would finally be the time Rayman and Mario finally meet, but alas it's not meant to be.

Perhaps, it was never meant to be. 😞

if i were to guess, i'd say convincing nintendo to make a mario x rayman crossover happen would be really hard and they'd rather just do it with the rabbids than try to deal with nintendo on that.

if i were to guess, i'd say convincing nintendo to make a mario x rayman crossover happen would be really hard and they'd rather just do it with the rabbids than try to deal with nintendo on that.
we still havent gotten a Sonic x Mario platformer. if Sonic, a more relevant character, can't get one, what hope does Rayman have?

Why is that?

we still havent gotten a Sonic x Mario platformer. if Sonic, a more relevant character, can't get one, what hope does Rayman have?
There's at least a crossover with those two. It doesn't have to be a platformer.

It's cool for Rayman fans but again it's very strange the DLC is gonna be wholly Ubisoft focused when the appeal of the franchise is the crossover aspect of Ubisoft with Nintendo.

A Rabbid wearing Mario clothes is not the same as actually having Mario.

Hopefully this DLC serves as a gateway for bringing back the Rayman series though.

Last edited:
Also despite my last comment, just want to make it known I am fucking IN for this DLC 🤣

Soliani and his team have made great stuff and they have my faith. The DK DLC was like really really impressive in the last game.

Whelp, here it is.

While this is extremely disappointing, hopefully the success of this DLC will eventually give us an actual crossover with the plumber and limbless wonder.

Im glad Davide is so open, cause so many people tried to imply it was just a rayman skin dlc when the wording made it extremely obvious that it wasnt just that.

Whelp, here it is.

Not surprised. The way they talked and show it made it seem like it was the same as the DK dlc

Why is that?
Nintendo is ridiculously protective of their ip. ubi has made the crossover with rabbids happen but if they were to do the same with Rayman they'd have to go through a lot of red tape again and that may not be worth their time.

edit: this is just speculation on my part tho, maybe the devs didn't want a crossover with mario & friends.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

My boy! My beautiful boy is back! I can't wait to see his new design, and hear the godly tracks Grant Kirkhope, Yoko Shimimura and Gareth Coker will compos for his DLC!

It's worth noting that Rayman is getting a new TV show too!

I think with Sonic its less about relevancy than it is about quality lol. The gameplay focus of those franchises also just don't mix that well.

Alright, more detailed breakdown time. Why? Because I want to, dammit. I'm going to spoiler the sections because this'll be long

Let's start with the overworld screen. The top left has a compass, the title of a quest (presumably the selected one) and a short description of the next objective in that quest. The - button is assigned to a book, which occasionally shakes on screen. I'm going to assume this a quest log, but it could also be for saving I suppose? + is for settings or saving, Y has Mario's M placed on what looks like the icon holding character levels, so I'm guessing it opens the character menu. Then the remainder of the left side of the screen has the three currently selected characters with their levels and health totals. Actually, it's fairly interesting that health is shown outside of battle, since to me it implies that you won't auto-heal after combat like in the first game. Or maybe you can take environmental damage of some sort?

The right hand side of the overworld screen starts with 2 buttons next to Beep-0. The ZL button has a yellow target-like icon, and the ZR a purple wave-like icon. I'm guessing this are the button prompts for the item breaking and dowsing actions they showed off in the demo. There's also a count for 3 different collectibles - coins, star bits, and what looks to be a...wheel? Or maybe a gear? No idea what coins'll be used for (maybe buying items or weapon skins) but I'm guessin Star Bits will be used for Spark upgrades. Maybe the wheel/cog/whatever is something that expands the range of your ship, unlocking new areas? But that's just a guess. There's a Rabbid later on that seems to be offering one of these in exchange for clearing out some enemies, so I suppose they'll be used as sidequest rewards.

Not going to go too deep into the levels shown because I don't really have any idea what's going on, but the planet of Terra Flora looks pretty neat. There's some sort of underground section with what might be honey (there's also a Rabbid Bee), and also there's a gumball machine in the back of one of the shots. The puzzles look potentially interesting, and having more environmental interaction is nice. It really does seem like each planet has a variety of different zones to it, which is pretty neat. Man this game's scope seems to be massive.

Oh there's a mole in one of the scenes, but it's not Monty Mole. 0/10 do not buy

Alright, the battle scene. There's a lot to unpack here. To start off, this Wiggler battle has the objective of destroying the three "Darkmess" eyes located along the Wiggler's body, and a time limit of 12 turns (hey it's everyone's favorite XCOM mechanic! It's actually less of a deal with M + R since the gameplay here is much more fast paced and aggressive by design). The number of Darkmess eyes needed to be destroyed increases to 5 at some point, and then destroying those two doesn't end the battle, so the objective seems variable at least in these boss battles. Time limit seems constant though. Then there's the opportunity to examine the enemies. I think you might've been able to do this in the prior game, but there's a more dedicated UI to it now.

The effect boxes from the first game have been replaced by barrels. Clearly someone was playing Divinity Original Sin 2

As part of the game's attempt to make combat more...directly controllable? I guess? Each action is assigned to a specific button. Weapons on ZL, Sparks on L and R, ZR for the Hero's Technique, and X to open what I'm assuming is the item bag. The game also tracks how many dashes, team jumps, and other movement options (for Mario, it's the number of what I'm guessing is enemy stomps) you have left. Unlike the first game, dashes can hit multiple enemies at once if you line them up correctly, which is neat (and a good use of the new style of control, since that sort of granularity is harder in a traditional setup). The cover system seems to be the same as the first game, 50% hit chance for half cover, 0% for full cover, and 100% for no cover.

There's three types of enemies to start off with. Sea Stooges seem to be standard Splash-based enemies (the Super Effects here seem to be more like elements in a lot of ways, and these guys are pretty standard elemental folk). They're also weak to Shock damage, and resistant to Splash damage (as you'd expect). So elemental weaknesses are a thing now, not sure they were in the previous game but I don't recall them being explicitly stated.

Oozers are more debuff based. In addition to being Ooze elemental soldiers, they also have some sort of silence effect that they can inflict on either weapon attacks or techniques. Sounds annoying, but it's good to see the enemies have some teeth. They're weak to Gust, resistant to Ooze

Lone Wolves aren't elemental, but they have longer range and an Overwatch-type ability. Weak to Burn, resistant to Frostbite

On to our Heroes! Each Hero has a role with a short description attached.

Luigi - Sneak Attacker. He does a lot of damage at long range. So, should be mostly similar to the first game, though it's a shame his Poltegust isn't back

Rabbid Peach - Combat Healer. She heals. Same as the first game

Rabbid Luigi - Pest. Seems like he has some sort of weakening effect on enemy attacks. I feel like he might've had something similar in the first game? But I can't really remember off the top of my head

Peach - Protector. Yep, Peach is the tank. Wonder if she'll have some healing abilities as well like she had in the first game, or if she'll be dedicated to this

Rabbid Mario - Brawler. Focuses on short range, massive damage. Similar to his role in the first game

Edge - Blade Master. Says that her "speed and skill allows her to target multiple enemies and damage each with a single action". I wonder if she'll eventually pick up a passive like XCOM's Blademaster, which would allow her to chain kills

Bowser - Overseer. Specializes in AoE attacks and summoning minions. Not sure how the summoning works, but later we see an icon with some sort of Rabbid...koopa maybe? Or a bird. Not sure what's going on there. Bowser has an AoE after landing from a team jump

Mario - All-Rounder. Truly, we are shocked. But besides that helpful description, Mario has 2 guns, which can independently target enemies. He also brings in his "Hero Sight" (essentially Overwatch) from the first game. Mario also carries over his enemy jump ability from the prior game, with 3 enemy jumps available in the demoed portion.

Rabbid Rosalina - Demotivator. Excels at removing protection/cover with her weapon and can put enemies to sleep. I think Cranky Kong has a similar skill in the DK DLC for the first game

The Sparks each come with an active technique and a passive ability. Each Spark comes with a level, and an upgrade button. The upgrade button is never pressed. I don't know what it does. But if I had to guess, it might have something to do with Star Bits.

We're going to start off with a major category of Sparks, the elemental/Super Effect ones. The elemental Sparks come in at least two flavors based on their technique: the ones that give the element to your weapons (technique called __ Attack, lasts for one turn, at least at lvl 3, and has a three turn recharge), and the ones that do some sort of element super attack. As far as I can tell, there might also be two specific variations of this special attack, "Skyrain", which has a range listed and seems to just rain down meteors of that element, and "Shockwave", which sends out a number of Shockwaves. If I had to guess based on earlier descriptions, I'd imagine there's a third variety of elemental Spark that gives the element to your movement based attacks. They all share a passive (or similar passive) called __ Protector that grants immunity to that elemental special effect to the character with the equipped Spark (the wording scarily implied that it might be party-wide, which sounded broken, but I think that's just poor wording since Bowser gets hit with a Splash effect when Mario has a Splash Spark equipped). The passive also grants a percentage damage reduction to all special effects (25% for a level 2 Spark, 30% for a level 3 Spark). No clue how this stacks if you have multiple elemental Sparks.

Aquanox - Splash elemental Spark, technique is Splash Attack
Aquaquake - Splash elemental Spark, technique is Shockwave Splash (3 turn recharge, lvl 1)
Electrogeddon - Shock based elemental Spark, technique is Skyrain Shock (9 m range, 3 turn recharge at lvl 2)
Electroid - Shock elemental Spark, technique is Shock Attack
Cryobolide - Frostbite elemental Spark, technique is Frostbite Attack
Toxiquake - Ooze elemental Spark, technique is Shockwave Ooze (3 turn recharge, lvl 1).
Zephyrquake - Gust elemental Spark, technique is Shockwave Gust (probably, we don't actually see the name but it fits the pattern)

Then there's the miscellaneous Sparks. They're more unique, though a couple share a passive called Athlete, which buffs movement attacks (35% at lvl 4)

Glitter - Technique is "Gather Round" which draws enemies towards the user (at lvl 2, 15 m range, 3 turn recharge). There was a character who had a similar ability in the first game, but I can't remember who. DK has a similar ability in the DLC. Passive is Attack Master, which increases weapon-based attacks (by 20% at lvl 2)

Regenesis - Technique is Regen, which grants regen at the start of the next 2 turns (4 turn recharge at lvl 3). 30% of max HP at lvl 3. Passive is Healing Booster, which increases a Hero's max HP by 25% at level 3.

Exosphere - Technique is Fortify, which grants damage reduction to allies within range (35% at lvl 2, 13 m range, 1 turn duration, 4 turn recharge). Passive is Athlete

Starburst - Technique is Turbocharge, a damage buff to all allies within range (40% at lvl 3, 13 m range, 1 turn duration, 3 turn recharge). Passive is physical protector, which I guess is like the elemental protector passives, but for physical-type attacks.

Ethering - Technique is Unseen, which grants invisibility, making the Hero untargetable, but not immune to damage(duration 2, recharge 4). Passive is Athlete

Ok we're done. Not entirely sure why I did that, but it was pretty fun! Probably missed something, but it helped me at least get a better idea of the battle system and general gameplay loop.
Alright, adding to this based on some minor details in the Direct trailer

We know what items are! Well, not too much, but you can buy them using coins from shops, they seem to be single-use since you can have more than 1, and we see a POW block, which is a simple AoE explosion

Also, there's another type of currency that seems to look like a snowflake. Combining this with the currency we saw in the Ubisoft footage that looked like a clover, I'm guessing each planet has their own unique currency in addition to the standard coins. Kinda like how purple coins worked in Odyssey? Which is a pretty sweet way to do collectibles, honestly.

A new Spark! Pulser, who's Technique is Revive, an AoE revive. Passive is Healing amplifier, which boosts any healing received. We also get told by the narration that there are 30 Sparks in total. Seems like a pretty decent amount.

We also see the upgrade menu for Sparks, seems like you do use Star Bits to level them up bit by bit, or a Starpotion to immediately gain one level. Starpotions can apparently be earned by Quests or in the store (we see a pack of 2 sold earlier for one snowflake currency)

Yeah, that's definitely Rosalina's eye poking out of Cursa. I don't think many are surprised by this since it was a pretty common theory

I wonder if she'll end up a late game unlocked character (even with a team of 3 active members, 9 is a weird total), because I'm guessing she's not the final boss. Seems like a good opportunity to have a character built around more interactions with Sparks.

@NabiscoFelt I'm on a semi-media blackout... could you please point me towards the overworld screenshot?
Hm there's quite a bit of footage of the overworld with the UI so far but I used this one as the for my analysis

1HwPfA.jpg

On a side note, going through some of the other screens, seems like there's a fair deal of UI customizability. Not too much of a surprise since it's pretty standard with Ubisoft games these days but it's nice to see

Hm there's quite a bit of footage of the overworld with the UI so far but I used this one as the for my analysis

1HwPfA.jpg

On a side note, going through some of the other screens, seems like there's a fair deal of UI customizability. Not too much of a surprise since it's pretty standard with Ubisoft games these days but it's nice to see
Oh whoops, I was thinking of a world map. Direct info overload brain fart haha, thanks!

Oh whoops, I was thinking of a world map. Direct info overload brain fart haha, thanks!
Ohh gotcha, yeah not sure if we've seen one of those yet, at least not in the footage I've analyzed. Maybe it was in an earlier trailer (I feel like I vaguely remember seeing one) but haven't gone back to look at those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom