• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazi

picross pundit

this was talked about in the direct speculation thread, but probably deserves its own thread for people that don't read that thread. thread

Last edited:
Sounds like Jeff Grubb was onto something with the multiple smaller announcements. I think this format is kinda cool actually!

also zelda will never be released and a switch successor isn't happening until 2037 so i'm fine with smaller fry like this

being totally oblivious right now I don't really get what 'SV' is supposed to mean. Can someone enlighten me please?

being totally oblivious right now I don't really get what 'SV' is supposed to mean. Can someone enlighten me please?
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

They're expected to get news this week since TPC has been doing a weekly regional countdown on their Youtube channel, and they did Galar last week. Meaning it would be a good time to reveal the region for Scarlet and Violet, since we don't even know its name yet

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

They're expected to get news this week since TPC has been doing a weekly regional countdown on their Youtube channel, and they did Galar last week. Meaning it would be a good time to reveal the region for Scarlet and Violet, since we don't even know its name yet
ah.... thank you. That makes sense.

Cant wait
Among my most anticipated 2022 games

Now, RIP Direct? Not complaining, just wondering if after Xeno, after M+R, after Pokemon SV

Should we expect them to make various singular video presentations/events for this summer?

Could it be that we get the third party direct in which this gets a snappy new trailer, and then Ubisoft leap on with this gameplay event shortly afterwards? Seems plausible.

Either way, looking likely this game is going to be a big tentpole release for Nintendo this autumn.

Since Nate has repeatedly guaranteed it's coming out this year, which was something I was doubting prior to his confirmation, I am guessing it will come out in either August, October, or December given July, September, and November already have a big game each.

First game was pretty fun, despite being my first in the genre. I'll probably get this one too

Nice! I don't a third party focused direct. I'm sure it'll have some neat stuff. But this is what I'm really looking forward to as it is the game I'm probably most looking forward to this year next to Xenoblade 3. :D

Just saw at his twitter that Necro lives in the city right next to the one I work. What a small world

Played the first one and had a good time with it. Personally, that was enough for me I have zero interest in this game. With that being said, good on Ubisoft for continuing to support the switch in some way. This still will sell 2 million at least. I personally would love to see a red steel revival on the switch. 🤷🏾‍♂️

This hasn't been on my mind but I am looking forward to learning more since the first was the big surprise of 2017.

Also the DLC was very good!

So this is why a lot of insiders were confused about the date, Alanah and others probably heard this from Ubisoft and they were thinking the Direct was that day.

So this is why a lot of insiders were confused about the date, Alanah and others probably heard this from Ubisoft and they were thinking the Direct was that day.
Probably lmfao. It's a logical assumption to make. It was likely Alanah had a third-party source and which third party leaks more than Ubisoft that has a big game coming out soon?

Just a note: the 7.5 millions is related to users/accounts that activated the game

Includes also used copies or copies played by different accounts on the same console

This is the game I'm most excited for after Xenoblade 3 and Breath of the Wild 2.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is one of the absolute best exclusives the Switch has to offer.

This is the game I'm most excited for after Xenoblade 3 and Breath of the Wild 2.

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is one of the absolute best exclusives the Switch has to offer.
Yep, M+R is really underrated.

It's a shame Ubisoft has to be so terrible since this game deserves a lot more hype than I feel like it's getting. Especially given how interesting that first showing looked

I've seen multiple Nintendo Youtubers here in Europe allude to "something cool happening this week" and "even if it's not in the Direct there will be, but I can't say anything more". Sounds to me like Ubisoft's been gathering up partnerships for whatever their own marketing push is. So sounds pretty legit to me.

Kingdom Battle was on a Tuesday, and Ubisoft has released games on Thursday recently. It could honestly be any day of the week.

Yes, you're right. After checking their recent bigger releases Ubisoft does tend to release their stuff on Thursdays.

I do appreciate the change in character design. On the first game the characters felt like toys, they looked somewhat washed down and had this weird glimmer. Here they really pop out more.

I don't see any new screens. You mean the boxart? Because we saw that before during its announcement.
Two of them weren't in the Nintendo page of the game. I might have missed them.

Edit: Ok all of them are new it seems.

Playable Bowser is awesome, shame Yoshi doesn't seem to be returning but maybe he's just a latecomer? But I feel like they might've mentioned we only get 9 party members, in which case this is all we get. Good roster though

Playable Bowser is awesome, shame Yoshi doesn't seem to be returning but maybe he's just a latecomer? But I feel like they might've mentioned we only get 9 party members, in which case this is all we get. Good roster though

Yeah, I think this is it for the roster. I'm disappointed Yoshi's gone, but there's something nice about having Bowser playable in an RPG-type game again.

Wonder if the Yoshi’s will resurface in DLC alongside other missing characters like DK, Rabbid Bowser, Rosalina, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom