• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm conflicted on whether to preorder Cosmic Edition or Gold Edition. Cosmic Edition has the better boxart and I can pick up the Season Pass on-sale down the road hopefully, but Gold Edition includes the Season Pass if it does not go on sale. It's Ubisoft, so I expect frequent sales. I never picked up the Season Pass or DLC for the first game.

Any advice?

I'm conflicted on whether to preorder Cosmic Edition or Gold Edition. Cosmic Edition has the better boxart and I can pick up the Season Pass on-sale down the road hopefully, but Gold Edition includes the Season Pass if it does not go on sale. It's Ubisoft, so I expect frequent sales. I never picked up the Season Pass or DLC for the first game.

Any advice?
Looking into the sales history, it seems like the Season Pass goes on sale roughly as often as the Gold Edition and seems to keep a price of current base game + DLC price.

So it shouldn't matter too much which you choose on that front

Looking into the sales history, it seems like the Season Pass goes on sale roughly as often as the Gold Edition and seems to keep a price of current base game + DLC price.

So it shouldn't matter too much which you choose on that front

Thanks - this confirms my initial plan of action. I got the less expensive Cosmic Edition and will get the Season Pass on sale if desired.

I hope that some more Mario characters sneak into this one somehow. I was really hoping the sequel would expand the roster a bit and let us play as characters like Toad, Wario, Waluigi, etc. and that doesn't quite seem to be the case. I guess we'll see.

I hope that some more Mario characters sneak into this one somehow. I was really hoping the sequel would expand the roster a bit and let us play as characters like Toad, Wario, Waluigi, etc. and that doesn't quite seem to be the case. I guess we'll see.

Same, this looks like the perfect sequel to Mario + Rabbids but I am slightly let down that the Mario cast didn't get more new party members beyond Bowser.

Rosalina will probably become playable after you free her from Cursa.

previews

Well those are some stellar previews

Between this and Bayo 3 the end of October looks to be a wild time to be a Switch owner

I don't get the Ubisoft account complaints? I made one for Assassins Creed a while back and it took me two seconds.

I do not like the menu UI, it looks like Next Level Games made it lol

The dissonance between talking rabbids and non-speaking mario characters is so weird too, hope it's kept to short catchphrases

but anyway the star bits make the authentic noise from Galaxy, I'll buy it

Last edited:
I wonder how many worlds there will be? We know about the garden world with the wiggler boss, the snow world, the sea world, and the autumn-themed world. I know the worlds are pretty large in size with caverns and stuff, but I hope that's not it.

I wonder how many worlds there will be? We know about the garden world with the wiggler boss, the snow world, the sea world, and the autumn-themed world. I know the worlds are pretty large in size with caverns and stuff, but I hope that's not it.
That would be incredibly odd considering none of these worlds give off that final world/final chapter feel to them. So I say this is very unlikely.

Well the screenshot on the last page shows with the dark area and the crystals seems like a different location as well, and it's a Mario game so we're contractually obligated to get a lava level at some point.

Though since some sub-areas of planets look pretty different from the rest of the planet it's a bit hard to tell what's an actual new planet or not from footage/screens

Well the screenshot on the last page shows with the dark area and the crystals seems like a different location as well, and it's a Mario game so we're contractually obligated to get a lava level at some point.

Though since some sub-areas of planets look pretty different from the rest of the planet it's a bit hard to tell what's an actual new planet or not from footage/screens
I'm pretty sure the lava level is the autumn world. We see a volcano battle surrounded by autumn trees in the trailers.

I'm pretty sure the lava level is the autumn world. We see a volcano battle surrounded by autumn trees in the trailers.
Ah well then in that case I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the 4 you mentioned + the one screenshotted, which may be the final world. Though considering it just seems to take 3-4 hours to handle the main campaign of the first world + half of that of the second, I'd hope there's a bit more than that that they're just keeping under wraps.

And especially since the highest level we've seen so far is (I believe) in the mid-to-early 20s, which feels low for an RPG, even a Mario one (looking up final boss levels in previous Mario RPGs, seems like they're typically in the 30-40 range)

Ah well then in that case I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the 4 you mentioned + the one screenshotted, which may be the final world. Though considering it just seems to take 3-4 hours to handle the main campaign of the first world + half of that of the second, I'd hope there's a bit more than that that they're just keeping under wraps.

And especially since the highest level we've seen so far is (I believe) in the mid-to-early 20s, which feels low for an RPG, even a Mario one (looking up final boss levels in previous Mario RPGs, seems like they're typically in the 30-40 range)
Can you direct me to the screenshot you're talking about? There's a ton of screenshots on the last page and I can't tell which one you mean.

Can you direct me to the screenshot you're talking about? There's a ton of screenshots on the last page and I can't tell which one you mean.
Oh yeah, whoops, meant to repost that but forgot
unknown.png

I could certainly see something like this being the final level, but I do still think the level range here is a bit low

I think this is just a battle zone, not a new planet. It doesn't really give off that vibe.
Can't say I agree with you there. There's more of a direct mechanical theme here with the satellite thingy and the pipe, and the plants are pretty unique too

Feels like a pretty direct theming to just be relegated to an isolated battle zone of some sort

Like I said earlier, I highly doubt this considering none of the worlds we've seen so far give off a final world feel. Hell, the bosses we've seen so far don't even look like the big boss of their respective planet.

Like I said earlier, I highly doubt this considering none of the worlds we've seen so far give off a final world feel. Hell, the bosses we've seen so far don't even look like the big boss of their respective planet.
Eh, I'm not sure what would give off final world or boss battle vibes. Apparently the final boss of the Snow world is the Ghost Rabbid (Midnite) and she doesn't really look it

I could easily see the screenshot I posted above being from the final world, for example, just because of its darker theme. But tbh I'm expecting about 6 worlds total, seems like a good number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom