• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some "the Arkham Knight is Jason Todd/Red Hood" nonsense, at this point.

Maybe some eagle-eyed users already saw it. But... There's a noticeable downgrade when comparing the first gameplay and this last trailer. I suppose it was a build running on PC? Maybe it was running on the SUCC?

Mario-Rabbids-Sparks-of-Hope-Downgrade-Graficos-05-1024x576.webp

More screens in the source:

Maybe some eagle-eyed users already saw it. But... There's a noticeable downgrade when comparing the first gameplay and this last trailer. I suppose it was a build running on PC? Maybe it was running on the SUCC?

This looks like more an artistic/visual change rather than a graphical decrease.

Still. I stand by it being more an visual choice than an actual graphical decrease.
it def was a graphical decrease too lol. I truly want to hope this was because of some new console coming but its ubisoft, they re used to do this. Still... im disappointed Milan of all studios did this.

it def was a graphical decrease too lol. I truly want to hope this was because of some new console coming but its ubisoft, they re used to do this. Still... im disappointed Milan of all studios did this.
To be honest, I could be wrong, but I don't know a Ubisoft release that doesn't do this to be fair. Plus it still looks fantastic with that in mind, so it doesn't really bother me.

Why do people care so much about graphics downgrades lol
I mean, I don't particularly, but it is interesting that it's such a pronounced downgrade, especially with respect to all of the discussion about the initial screens looking too good for the current Switch hardware.

Last edited:
Why do people care so much about graphics downgrades lol
I do think its frustrating to be sold one vision and end up with a reduced version of it at launch. But i also understand that technical trade offs and optimizations need to be made for the game to run properly, and those usually arent in place when a game is first shown. Still this is a good looking game for the hardware its on. And this is no where near as aggregioud as say, the first watchdogs, where they greatly overestimated the power of the ps4 and xbox one, and had to reduce the games visuals significantly from its 2012 showing

the-office-pam-beesly.gif

Just under two weeks out! This is a Thursday release unlike most Nintendo games, so I'm wondering if we have a chance to also see reviews earlier than normal (maybe even next week?)

Does anyone know what the difference between Sparks of Hope Gold Edition in the eShop and Sparks of Hope Cosmic Edition on physical pre-orders is? Is Cosmic Edition just minus the DLC but with the Galactic Prestige pack?

i thought luigi's mansion 3 would get somewhere along a 88 to 90 because it was obviously better than lm2 (which got a 86) but it got the same 86 on metacritic.

Its easy to expect this to hit like 88 or 89 but with gaming the way it is... wouldn't be surprised if it got the same 86 or worse lol.

I hope it gets a 89 tho

Doesn't look like anyone has claimed the ST for this game yet. If anyone is interested, please feel free to jump on it! If no one does, I'll probably make one myself, but I'd rather give the opportunity to someone who is interested if available.

Doesn't look like anyone has claimed the ST for this game yet. If anyone is interested, please feel free to jump on it! If no one does, I'll probably make one myself, but I'd rather give the opportunity to someone who is interested if available.
I am thinking about it.

I really want to play this game, but you already know it’ll be $20 in 6 months since it’s an Ubi game. We’ll see if I break.

Cinematic...hmm.
I do not wanna see more of the game. So I will probably skip this one.
Very hyped tho, game looks super nice
The trailer's mostly a fun cinematic that is probably not in the actual game. Only gameplay footage is repeated from earlier trailers

I really want to play this game, but you already know it’ll be $20 in 6 months since it’s an Ubi game. We’ll see if I break.
Will repeat what I did elsewhere--took 15 months for the first to reach $20 (physicalor digital). Took 5 months for any sale at all (digital).

I remember really enjoying the first one (I didn't buy the DLC at the time though).

I'll probably just pick this up on sale. At the moment I still have a number of games to play/beat in my backlog that I want to get to and I expect this game like regular Ubi games to get discounts pretty quickly.

Will repeat what I did elsewhere--took 15 months for the first to reach $20 (physicalor digital). Took 5 months for any sale at all (digital).
Retailers were putting it on sale much sooner

You won't have to wait long for it to be down to $40 at least, they might try to hold value a bit longer this time

Retailers were putting it on sale much sooner

You won't have to wait long for it to be down to $40 at least, they might try to hold value a bit longer this time
Well, I'm just going by eshop-prices.com. They're pretty accurate and it says 15 months physical or digital for $20. Could be wrong of course

Yeah I too am pumped but still never played the DK DLC for the first, so I’ll wait a couple months and have a nice sale and holiday game :)

Well, I'm just going by eshop-prices.com. They're pretty accurate and it says 15 months physical or digital for $20. Could be wrong of course
yeah I'm gonna say that's BS I remember seeing it for $20 at Best Buy pretty early into 2018

Yeah I too am pumped but still never played the DK DLC for the first, so I’ll wait a couple months and have a nice sale and holiday game :)

I always meant to play the DLC but never got back to the game after finishing it. But now I’ve preordered the Gold Edition for this one 😎

Do we think a third game is already being prepped?
Or, think the team will work on something else? Maybe some other Nintendo-related thing?
Well, the developers have said they move onto DLC once the game releases so we won't see another game for a while, considering DLC 3 (Rayman DLC) has a planned release date of 2024. Similar thing happened with the first game where they started work on the DLC when the first game was completed and when the DLC was completed, Sparks of Hope started development a few days later.

Well, the developers have said they move onto DLC once the game releases so we won't see another game for a while, considering DLC 3 (Rayman DLC) has a planned release date of 2024. Similar thing happened with the first game where they started work on the DLC when the first game was completed and when the DLC was completed, Sparks of Hope started development a few days later.
I forgot the Rayman DLC is that far out. Damn, that is a long wait. I assume they will still start some new project alongside that tho. I doubt they'd have the entire team work on JUST DLC.
Or well, depends on how huge it is.
Either way, they seem to be great developers and one day, I'd love to see them tackle another Nintendo Franchise.
Oh
Starfox + Rabbids, yess

Probably Zelda + Rabbids is next
idk if you re being ironic but hell no. Please just either make rabbids 3 or just move on to another ip entirely.

Do we think a third game is already being prepped?
Or, think the team will work on something else? Maybe some other Nintendo-related thing?
i actually am hoping rabbids 2 does so well critically (because we know its going to do comercially) that ubi allows milan to do a rayman game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom