• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
new screenshots
pretty...
628399af8526c25e2316f176-1.jpg

628399af8526c25e2316f176-2.jpg

628399af8526c25e2316f176-3.jpg

628399af8526c25e2316f176-4.jpg

628399af8526c25e2316f176-5.jpg

628399af8526c25e2316f176-6.jpg

I know Nintendo loves small rosters in mario games but damn, 4 is just too few for me. Obviously, they'll reveal more until the release, still it won't be as many as I want. Just give me Wario and Waluigi, maaan...

gold edition details
The Gold Edition of the game includes:
  • The base game
  • The season pass which contains upcoming DLC packs, including additional story content featuring new heroes, quests, and battles.
  • Also includes the Galactic Prestige Pack, with three exclusive and supremely stylish weapon skins for your team, unlockable right away. Save the galaxy, but do it with pizzazz!

Really looking forward to seeing the changes to the overworld gameplay. The first game was brilliant on the combat side (on the easy side for the main campaign but the optional missions could get tough) so I'm less worried there, but the style of gameplay for the overworld seems to have been completely overhauled and I'm curious how it'll end up playing out.

The screenshots certainly look very promising though, I think it'll be a fun world to poke around in

• The base game
  • The season pass which contains upcoming DLC packs, including additional story content featuring new heroes, quests, and battles.
  • Also includes the Galactic Prestige Pack, with three exclusive and supremely stylish weapon skins for your team, unlockable right away. Save the galaxy, but do it with pizzazz!
While Ubisoft's business practices are typically scummy, the first game's Donkey Kong DLC means that this doesn't seem as bad to me as it would otherwise (kinda like how Monolith's earned a similar level of leeway from me thanks to Torna)

• The base game
We got DK for the new story mode lasts time. Let’s take some guesses for this versions tangentially associated character:

I think this is the mode that will have Wario and Rabbid Waluigi

We got DK for the new story mode lasts time. Let’s take some guesses for this versions tangentially associated character:

I think this is the mode that will have Wario and Rabbid Waluigi
Donkey Kong...IN SPAAACE

I think Rabbid Wario and Waluigi will return as villains (maybe even recurring villains) in this game

First Nintendo leaks fhe existence of this game and now Ubisoft leaks their own release date of it lol.

I quite liked the first game, so I am planning on getting this in due time. Still haven't played the DLC of the first game though, not sure if I should do that first? Regardless this game/series will always have a special place in my heart either way because 1) everyone thought it's a terrible idea when it first leaked but in came Ubisoft and circumvented everyone's expectations 2) Mr. "I cry because my role model Miyamoto is advertising my Mario Game on stage right now"-game director still gives me back my hope in humanity whenever I watch it. There's someone who loves what he's doing.

Last time was Donkey Kong Country DLC

Now give us the Wario Land DLC! Playable Wario and Rabbid Captain Syrup

Really looking forward to seeing the changes to the overworld gameplay. The first game was brilliant on the combat side (on the easy side for the main campaign but the optional missions could get tough) so I'm less worried there, but the style of gameplay for the overworld seems to have been completely overhauled and I'm curious how it'll end up playing out.

The screenshots certainly look very promising though, I think it'll be a fun world to poke around in

While Ubisoft's business practices are typically scummy, the first game's Donkey Kong DLC means that this doesn't seem as bad to me as it would otherwise (kinda like how Monolith's earned a similar level of leeway from me thanks to Torna)
I actually thought some of those later levels were pretty challenging in the main campaign!

I actually thought some of those later levels were pretty challenging in the main campaign!
Now that you mention it, yeah the last two worlds had some meaty challenges for sure

Hoping we get a similar level of challenge here, and there's a lot of ways you can implement some backbreaking optional challenges into a more open setting like this

I’m surprised they (at least from what we’ve seen I think) don’t seem to be messing around with gravity at all, given the Mario Galaxy link

Bowser has a gun. My life is complete. Never knew it was something I wanted.

Real talk: Do we think bowser tries shooting mario early in the game with his gun?

I want to know about the towns. Will we get quests now from NPCs?? Also will it be more RPG than the previous game. Oh man I’m too excited. 2022 is one of the best years for Switch

The first game was absolutely phenomenal as well as the DLC. October 20th is a perfect release for this game. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom