• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: cinematic launch trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up.

People always say things leak and then I can never find the leaks without delving way too far into the depths of 4chan (which let's be real isn't something sane people were meant to do)

But really excited to see reviews and more from this game!

Fuck it give me every leak

I'm still going to buy the game at least once and put 100+ hours into it I'm sure

Fuck it give me every leak

I'm still going to buy the game at least once and put 100+ hours into it I'm sure
I'd argue for making a leak thread but then I don't know if there's enough hype for this game here to warrant that

Maybe just spoilered posts in here if anyone finds these leaks?

Do we have any good recent impressions, leaked or otherwise? It might just be because I haven’t payed enough attention but I have no idea what the mood around this game is. I just put in a pre-order, but it feels a bit blind

Do we have any good recent impressions, leaked or otherwise? It might just be because I haven’t payed enough attention but I have no idea what the mood around this game is. I just put in a pre-order, but it feels a bit blind
We had previews a while back (you can check threadmarks) but nothing since then. They're from a Ubisoft even so the previewers got to play specific sections of the first and second planet.

Previews were generally glowing, saying the game is a pretty big improvement over the original (which a lot of the previewers already liked or loved).

We had previews a while back (you can check threadmarks) but nothing since then. They're from a Ubisoft even so the previewers got to play specific sections of the first and second planet.

Previews were generally glowing, saying the game is a pretty big improvement over the original (which a lot of the previewers already liked or loved).

I’d seen a few of those, but the game release is right around the corner. I just thought (hoped) we’d see a bit more buzz around it. The quality really rivals the best on the platform

Here's how the Ubisoft Connect integration functions in the game (non-spoiler screenshot from early footage). This shows up immediately after you get past the title screen. As stated before, it is optional.
unknown.png

GameFreak literally died from the sight of the word 'options' and cancelled Nintendo and Ubisoft
Nice to see Rabbids have a lot of options, I will probably do what I usually do, play on Normal in the most 'normal' fashion, but I do like the option to up the difficulty if I feel it gets too easy ^^

It has come to my attention that reviews for Sparks of Hope go up tomorrow at 3pm British Summer Time if this scheduled upload it anything to go by. I think this is quite unusual because as far as I know, Ubisoft games typically lift the embargo the day prior to release, so this is earlier than usual.

Last edited:
Cool I’ll take reviews dropping tomorrow. I thought maybe it’d be Tuesday.

I’m expecting a lot of praise for this game. I can feel it.

Oooh, exciting to get the reviews today. I'm expecting mid-80s for this, but I think it will sell boatloads unless it somehow critically tanks. I don't expect that: It's building on a very successful spin-off, seems to be an improvement in every way, and has had the prerelease cycle extremely well done.

C’om M+R2 should be a 87-90 game, by reviews it’s improving everything from its predecessor.

P5R should also get a 90-95 score, its the same game as PS4 version.

Either this one or Bayonetta has got to be the one to break the 89 curse, right?

I am pre-loaded and ready to go.

I absolutely loved the first Mario + Rabbids, and Donkey Kong Country is my favorite franchise - so I find it odd yet hilarious that for some reason I never played the DK Adventure Expansion. I really, really need to. I hear it’s only a few hours and a love letter to DKC. Plus, it’s kinda heartwarming to see Grant Kirkhope compose DK tracks again.

Got a text my game is ready to be shipped, so hopefully this means I will get it on delivery day at the very least :>

C’om M+R2 should be a 87-90 game, by reviews it’s improving everything from its predecessor.

P5R should also get a 90-95 score, its the same game as PS4 version.
Yeah this should be a higher 80’s game. It’s going to be compared to its predecessor and from what we’ve seen so far it’s looking way better. The ambition from KB to SoH is huge. The big thing here was also the free movement combat.

If there were any worries it was the combat. It’s big deal and the previews for it were super high on this aspect.

Looks pretty good and happy to see high review scores. I look forward to picking it up for like $40 on Black Friday. Any other publisher and I'd buy it at full price on launch. But I've bought enough Ubisoft Switch games at full price only to see them heavily discounted within weeks.

Some might consider this a bit spoiler, but there's a cool Super Mario 64 easter egg in the game ♥

I am ready for Mario + Rabbids 3, where you will be able to create your own Rabbid avatar at the start, as the main character next to Mario
Sonic Forces-levels of horror and amazement

I am ready for Mario + Rabbids 3, where you will be able to create your own Rabbid avatar at the start, as the main character next to Mario
Sonic Forces-levels of horror and amazement
also where the cinematic aspects of the first two games goes overboard and the third game is basically uncharted

I think I’ll go ahead and drop the ST tonight if you all are good with that, since it seems to be out in the wild now at least for Streamers

Really enjoying this, can see this sneaking up my GOTY list

One thing (well, 2) things I’ve noticed, you don’t seem to be able to buy new weapons in the game anymore nor do you buy secondary weapons. You can buy skins for them and upgrade the one you have but you can’t seem to buy new ones which I’m sure you could in Kingdom Battle? You can equip Sparks which offer different perks to your character which can also be upgraded via star bits.

Really enjoying this, can see this sneaking up my GOTY list

One thing (well, 2) things I’ve noticed, you don’t seem to be able to buy new weapons in the game anymore nor do you buy secondary weapons. You can buy skins for them and upgrade the one you have but you can’t seem to buy new ones which I’m sure you could in Kingdom Battle? You can equip Sparks which offer different perks to your character which can also be upgraded via star bits.
Nice to hear you are enjoying the game!

Yeah you do not buy more powerful weapons but instead your damage output and critical hit rates are increased by levelling up and upgrading the skill tree so you can have a design you like while also getting stronger, the special effects they had in Kingdom Battle are now the Sparks and secondary weapons are gone (but I think some elements of secondary weapons are apart of some character techniques and the sparks).

Nice to hear you are enjoying the game!

Yeah you do not buy more powerful weapons but instead your damage output and critical hit rates are increased by levelling up and upgrading the skill tree so you can have a design you like while also getting stronger, the special effects they had in Kingdom Battle are now the Sparks and secondary weapons are gone (but I think some elements of secondary weapons are apart of some character techniques and the sparks).

Ahh that makes sense, yeah the characters have special techniques like Luigi’s overwatch which I remember being in the first game. You can also buy items which can be used in battles like the POW block, I guess it lends itself to experimenting with different team line ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom