• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Mario Kart has like 6 Baby characters. Why doesn’t Smash Bros?

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
I just think more games with big rosters should have more baby representation

For the record, yes, Smash already has two babies. Want more.

But throwing stuff at them while they are driving- let them driving a car is seemingly no problem?
Yes, because you are attacking the car and not the baby directly.
As for driving a car, nobody minds these:
69aae2ce-a613-4e47-a3ad-6a6d4da972cf-1024x742.jpg

I am imagining Sakurai announcing Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as DLC for Smash Bros.

The internet reaction in my head would be.... not good.

They are safer, nobody dies on those karts and they still beat traffic :)
Maybe not during the race. But who knows what happens off screen. All that falling down and hiting objects and cars likely causes traumatic brain injuries especially with such young kids - super dangerous! I mean they aren‘t wearing a helmet! My theory is that the babies get replaced after each race with fresh new babies to fool the player thinking everything is fine when in reality 1000s of babies get killed each year just because people don‘t select the grown up version. I mean that would also explain why they don‘t age.

I think this whole thread may very well be a reference to another derachi classic

I just take whatever derachi says as canon now

Maybe not during the race. But who knows what happens off screen. All that falling down and hiting objects and cars likely causes traumatic brain injuries especially with such young kids - super dangerous! I mean they aren‘t wearing a helmet! My theory is that the babies get replaced after each race with fresh new babies to fool the player thinking everything is fine when in reality 1000s of babies get killed each year just because people don‘t select the grown up version. I mean that would also explain why they don‘t age.
And just like that, Mario Kart gained a plot and it got darker rather quickly!

Ibuki loves babies. Sakurai loathes them. Only logical conclusion.

Smash following in Mario Kart's footsteps would mean making all of the Koopalings each their own character distinct from Bowser Jr. and also deleting Diddy Kong from existing

Hitting babies smh. OP should be banned for supporting cruelty against children.

I'd tolerate Baby Mario as a Yoshi character NGL.

And that's the thing about the original intention behind the Baby characters: they were supposed to be Yoshi reps in Kart. But by MKWii, they just missed the point of the babies.

While not an actual character example, when I'm online and I experience lag, I tend to cry like a baby. :(

Back
Top Bottom