• Hey Guest! As we are sure you are aware, Russia has invaded Ukraine. Check out our pinned thread in the Roost for resources on how to support Ukraine in their ongoing crisis. Let's show our solidarity with the Ukrainian people!

Garbage Galaxy Mario Kart has like 6 Baby characters. Why doesn’t Smash Bros?

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
FamiGold
I just think more games with big rosters should have more baby representation

For the record, yes, Smash already has two babies. Want more.

Shadow14

Hoot hoot
But throwing stuff at them while they are driving- let them driving a car is seemingly no problem?
Yes, because you are attacking the car and not the baby directly.
As for driving a car, nobody minds these:
69aae2ce-a613-4e47-a3ad-6a6d4da972cf-1024x742.jpg

Josh5890

Kremling
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
I am imagining Sakurai announcing Baby Mario and Baby Luigi as DLC for Smash Bros.

The internet reaction in my head would be.... not good.

Raccoon

(caught in the rain)
Pronouns
He/Him
FamiGold
What's the second baby?
Pichu, and? Kirby?
I think this whole thread may very well be a reference to another derachi classic

lexony

Bob-omb
Founder
They are safer, nobody dies on those karts and they still beat traffic :)
Maybe not during the race. But who knows what happens off screen. All that falling down and hiting objects and cars likely causes traumatic brain injuries especially with such young kids - super dangerous! I mean they aren‘t wearing a helmet! My theory is that the babies get replaced after each race with fresh new babies to fool the player thinking everything is fine when in reality 1000s of babies get killed each year just because people don‘t select the grown up version. I mean that would also explain why they don‘t age.

Phantom Thief

The Ghost of Tsushima
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this whole thread may very well be a reference to another derachi classic

I just take whatever derachi says as canon now

Shadow14

Hoot hoot
Maybe not during the race. But who knows what happens off screen. All that falling down and hiting objects and cars likely causes traumatic brain injuries especially with such young kids - super dangerous! I mean they aren‘t wearing a helmet! My theory is that the babies get replaced after each race with fresh new babies to fool the player thinking everything is fine when in reality 1000s of babies get killed each year just because people don‘t select the grown up version. I mean that would also explain why they don‘t age.
And just like that, Mario Kart gained a plot and it got darker rather quickly!

RochHoch

Moblin
Smash following in Mario Kart's footsteps would mean making all of the Koopalings each their own character distinct from Bowser Jr. and also deleting Diddy Kong from existing

Quillion

Cappy
Pronouns
Any
I'd tolerate Baby Mario as a Yoshi character NGL.

And that's the thing about the original intention behind the Baby characters: they were supposed to be Yoshi reps in Kart. But by MKWii, they just missed the point of the babies.

Top Bottom