• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

VolcanicDynamo

1-Up Boy
Pronouns
He/Him
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! By VolcanicDynamo

Release Date: In Waves, See Below
Number of Players: Single System (1-4) | Local wireless (2-8) | Online (2-12)
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo
Genre: Racing, Multiplayer, Other
Supported Languages: Japanese, British English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Latin American Spanish, Canadian French, Traditional Chinese, American English

The Race Continues!

Eight years after the original release on Wii U, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is getting bigger and better with the Booster Course Pass! This DLC adds 48 courses from throughout the Mario Kart series, doubling the number courses found in the base game to a whopping 96.

Courses will be released in six waves, each containing eight courses split across two cups. At this point, all six waves have been released - you can see the included courses and the original release dates below.

48 New & Remastered Courses - Wave 1 (March 18, 2022): Golden Dash Cup - Tour Paris Promenade, 3DS Toad Circuit, N64 Choco Mountain, Wii Coconut Mall; Lucky Cat Cup - Tour Tokyo Blur, DS Shroom Ridge, GBA Sky Garden, Tour Ninja Hideaway; Wave 2 (August 4, 2022): Turnip Cup - Tour New York Minute, SNES Mario Circuit 3, N64 Kalimari Desert, DS Waluigi Pinball; Propeller Cup - Tour Sydney Sprint, GBA Snow Land, Wii Mushroom Gorge, Sky-High Sundae; Wave 3 (December 7, 2022): Rock Cup - Tour London Loop, GBA Boo Lake, 3DS Rock Rock Mountain, Wii Maple Treeway; Moon Cup - Tour Berlin Byways, DS Peach Gardens, Merry Mountain, 3DS Rainbow Road; Wave 4 (March 9, 2023): Fruit Cup - Tour Amsterdam Drift, GBA Riverside Park, Wii DK Summit, Yoshi's Island; Boomerang Cup - Tour Bangkok Rush, DS Mario Circuit, GCN Waluigi Stadium, Tour Singapore Speedway; Wave 5 (July 12, 202): Feather Cup - Tour Athens Dash, GCN Daisy Cruiser, Wii Moonview Highway, Squeaky Clean Sprint; Cherry Cup - Tour Los Angeles Laps, GBA Sunset Wilds, Wii Koopa Cape, Tour Vancouver Velocity; Wave 6 (November 9, 2023): Acorn Cup - Tour Rome Avanti, GCN DK Mountain, Wii Daisy Circuit, Piranha Plant Cove; Spiny Cup - Tour Madrid Drive, 3DS Rosalina's Ice World, SNES Bowser Castle 3, Wii Rainbow Road.

New Racers: Birdo, Petey Piranha, Wiggler, Kamek, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong, Pauline, and Peachette

Starting with Wave 4, the Booster Course Pass also includes additional characters from other Mario Kart games!

Wave 4's addition is Birdo, a medium weight class character who made her racing debut in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Like Yoshi and Shy Guy, she has multiple colors to choose from. She shares Yoshi's stats.

Wave 5 adds three additional characters. First up is heavyweight Petey Piranha from Double Dash!! Next is a fellow heavyweight, Wiggler from Mario Kart 7. Lastly is Kamek, a character who almost made it into Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart 8. This medium weight racer is our first character from Mario Kart Tour.

Wave 6 caps things off with a whopping four characters! Races are about to get bananas with the medium weight Diddy Kong from Double Dash!! and the heavyweight Funky Kong from Mario Kart Wii - now everyone from MKWii is here! Rounding out our roster are two newcomers from Mario Kart Tour - Pauline as a new heavyweight and Peachette as our final medium weight! Additionally, 18 Mii Racing Suits have been added to the game - 17 are included with Wave 6, while the 18th, a Daisy racing suit, can be unlocked with a Daisy Amiibo, regardless of if you own the DLC or not.

How to Purchase

Those with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership will gain access to the DLC at no additional cost. You can also purchase the DLC separately from the Nintendo eShop. This is one purchase for all of the packs - you cannot get any pack on its own. It is available for the following prices depending on your region - a set of these prices is included below (Thanks to Super Mario Wiki for compiling this information):

CountryPrice
Japan¥2,500
United StatesUS$24.99
CanadaCA$32.99
BrazilR$128.00
MexicoMX$593.00
United Kingdom£22.49
Eurozone€24.99
SwitzerlandCHF 35
AustraliaAU$37.50
New ZealandNZ$41.25
South AfricaR450.00
South Korea₩25,000
Hong KongHK$169

If you are playing with friends who already own the DLC, either locally or online, you will still be able to play the new courses. Additionally, courses from each wave will be added to the Random selection in online play, giving you a chance to try out the new courses.

Trailers and Media

See You on the Racetrack!

While this ST is set up primarily for the Booster Course Pass, this is a place to discuss all things Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Famiboards! Organize races with other community members, share your time trials, discuss goings-on in the game and have fun!

Last edited:
I’ve been incredibly excited for this ever since it was announced. I replayed the first seven Mario Kart games in anticipation and have my preorder ready to go. This first wave is going to be such a tease with just eight tracks, but I’m so ready for it. Great to see this thread up and ready to go :)

I’ve been incredibly excited for this ever since it was announced. I replayed the first seven Mario Kart games in anticipation and have my preorder ready to go. This first wave is going to be such a tease with just eight tracks, but I’m so ready for it. Great to see this thread up and ready to go :)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe might just be one of my favorite games of all time. The fact that we're getting more of it? Absolutely incredible. Cannot wait for next week.
Really nice ST! Though, if you needed the other six cup icons, you could've asked 😛

nBA5EqE.png
5p1sJZV.png
bxGE8ot.png
4JFz1WV.png
xG1Vbkl.png
M9XltM3.png
Now I know what I'm doing tomorrow on my work break. Or maybe before bed, the hyperfocus is real after all, lol. Thank you for the other six icons!

(Though, uh, you might wanna send these Mario Wiki's way, too. The reason I even used these placeholders is because they didn't even try to have icons for anything but the first few cups.).

The answer to "when" was, predictably, before bed. Thank you again @MondoMega for getting the clean cup icons for the ST. I also made a slight tweak to one of the banners, and I added alt text to the images, though I don't know how great it is for the main courses graphic.

Pre-Loads for BCP Now Available in Japan
Official announcement of pre-loads being available for Japan. Times will varry for the rest of the world, but it should be up everywhere soon enough.

Filesize is 18.0 MB; so yeah, all the actual data will be in the update that drops on launch day.

Yeah great job on the thread. Thanks.
Didn't know we knew the 1st courses, really looking forward to trying the Tour courses. Basically 3 new courses for me.
Also a few old favourites of mine, Coconut Mall and Shroom Ridge being stand out ones I loved on the Wii and DS.

While the file size is pretty small - gotta wait for the actual update to get the goods - I hope the North American preload is ready to go by the time I get home from work! Least next week I won't have to wait in too much suspense. Got the whole week off, so I can be patient and wait for the update from the comfort of my own home.

Thanks for all the love on the ST! I imagine that first post will be a living document, with images and updates going up as the Booster Course Pass grows. Excited to see where it and this thread are by the end of 2023!

Really excited for this. Picked up Mario Kart 8 on sale for MAR10 day. Dusting off the cobwebs currently as I haven't played since Wii U days

Question: I own an European copy of MK8DX (it was a mistake of the store), there's any problem if I purchase the DLC through the NA eShop (or the Brazilian one, for that matter)?

Yeah, I don't think DLC is region free. You need to match the game region to the DLC region.

Depends entirely on the game. If there's one SKU for the entire world, dlc is region free, if there multiple, it is region locked.

This is how Smash Ultimate DLC is region free, but Splatoon 2s is not.

I think you should be fine as MK only has the one SKU ( I think, because it has all languages supported on all versions), but I'm at work and can't check that myself, so take a grain of salt.

Question: I own an European copy of MK8DX (it was a mistake of the store), there's any problem if I purchase the DLC through the NA eShop (or the Brazilian one, for that matter)?

Shit, I have to be careful with that. Once in a while stores send me an European copy randomly, luckily non of those games had dlc

Check on eshop(USA or Brazil in your case) page of game if it's marked as purchased for you, if yes then you can buy DLC.

Edit: this is if your game is digital. I'm not know how is for retail games.

Edit 2: on nintendo official site, I found this:

16928761a36e028ad1cafe79e7347a9590ba6e9fca12d62ff250175d1b86ad0b6760ec3a.jpg

Last edited:
I‘m really looking forward to see how the tracks play in MK8D, especially the ones from MK Tour.

And we will get an idea on what to expect for the future cups (e.g. is the soundtrack remade? are anti-gravity sections implemented? how much changes/improvements are there? etc.)

Hopefully there some things left in the files to datamine ;)

Yeah, I don't think DLC is region free. You need to match the game region to the DLC region.
Depends entirely on the game. If there's one SKU for the entire world, dlc is region free, if there multiple, it is region locked.

This is how Smash Ultimate DLC is region free, but Splatoon 2s is not.

I think you should be fine as MK only has the one SKU ( I think, because it has all languages supported on all versions), but I'm at work and can't check that myself, so take a grain of salt.
I think there's even a disclaimer in the trailer that mxing regions won't work.
Shit, I have to be careful with that. Once in a while stores send me an European copy randomly, luckily non of those games had dlc
Check on eshop(USA or Brazil in your case) page of game if it's marked as purchased for you, if yes then you can buy DLC.

Edit: this is if your game is digital. I'm not know how is for retail games.

Edit 2: on nintendo official site, I found this:

16928761a36e028ad1cafe79e7347a9590ba6e9fca12d62ff250175d1b86ad0b6760ec3a.jpg
I just ended chatting with customer support, and in my particular situation, they said there won't be any issues when purchasing the DLC from the NA or BR eShop stores; The European copy will recognize it normally!

So if any of you run into similar situation, there you go! --But again, this is likely a case by case scenario, not all games are printed the same apparently; But hope it helps! 🐺

Nintendo just took my payment for the DLC - that should be a sign that North American preloads will be up soon!

Just wanted to chime in and compliment you on the beautiful ST work @VolcanicDynamo, you deserve a trophy!
MK8-Line-Mario-Trophy.gif

Thank you for doing it! I still can't believe we are getting more Mario Kart 8... somebody pinch me! lol

Can't wait to play this! Getting as many retro tracks as possible in one MK game has always been my dream. I've been trying and failing to get to 10k online. Seems I'll be settling around 8k by the time it releases.

I‘m really looking forward to see how the tracks play in MK8D, especially the ones from MK Tour.

And we will get an idea on what to expect for the future cups (e.g. is the soundtrack remade? are anti-gravity sections implemented? how much changes/improvements are there? etc.)

Hopefully there some things left in the files to datamine ;)
The soundtrack is different for the one track we've heard (Coconut Mall), so I assume it will be the same for the others. No anti-grav was seen in the trailer so I don't think we'll be seeing it in this wave at least but I hope it shows up eventually. Adding 48 tracks without it would make the game considerably lopsided.

Really curious to see which variants Nintendo uses for the Tour city tracks. Most of them had completely different layouts to each other. Will they just pick one variant, or will they combine all of them for the ultimate track?

Really curious to see which variants Nintendo uses for the Tour city tracks. Most of them had completely different layouts to each other. Will they just pick one variant, or will they combine all of them for the ultimate track?
What we've seen of Tokyo Blur is that is does look like a combination.

Mario Kart Tour Tracklist - 3/11/2022
May as well repost the most up-to-date version of the Tour track list now that we're in the ST:

u916dH3.png

Was tempted to add Wii Koopa Cape since it's the only track from 7 missing, and there MIGHT be some object files pointing towards it; but those objects (wire mesh track and Unagi) have other courses they could be tied to, so it isn't as conclusive.

Also, chances are high that we see one of those upcoming Yoshi tracks show up soon with the yearly Yoshi Tour (the Easter event) on the way. They could always just have GCN Yoshi Circuit be the spotlight track again, but with multiple Yoshi-themed courses datamined it'd be weird if none of them showed up.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for all the love on the ST! Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is one of my favorite games, and Mario is bar none my favorite franchise, so I'm glad I was able to do it some justice. I'm super pumped for the DLC - soon as the NA release drops, my partner and I are gonna be playing for ages. I'm loving the energy going on in the thread so far, and I hope it carries us through the week!

@MondoMega, my friend, you are killing it with the news shares and with the list of Tour courses. I really, really want to see Koopa Cape in the DLC, it's my favorite Mario Kart Wii course, so to know we're so close yet so far is exciting!

Ahhh new Mario Kart content, even if it’s new old content, makes me happy. While the visuals being unlike the base game is a bit of a bummer, hasn’t dampened my excitement one bit. Updated (sounds live?) music makes it all the better.

Beautiful ST! This should hold me over decently until 9/10/11…

The proximity of this got me on a Mario Kart craze.

I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart Tour lately (the gacha is more fair than at launch, wich helped on getting me engaged) and i just got myself Mario Kart 8 Deluxe after resisting for years with the full Wii U version (i played it by renting or having friends lending it to me from time to time)

I'm soooooooo ready for the first wave to drop.

I feel like the ST should mention that the courses are taking a severe graphical hit.
Its literately a change in artstyle. Lighting is the same ,shadows are the same, texture quality most likely the same as well. The only thing is that the artstyle is more cartoony instead of realistic, but that isnt a 'severe graphical hit'. You may not like it as much, but use the right words

I feel like the ST should mention that the courses are taking a severe graphical hit.
Severe graphical hit compared to what? They do look way better than their original versions.

I feel like you should try harder at the concern trolling thing.

To be fair I do hope they got a bit of a touch-up from the trailer, some of the textures were distractingly plastic-y

I'm very much looking forward to this, just bummed that I'll be traveling the weekend this drops so I don't think I'll really get to enjoy it for a few days.

Beyond excited for new tracks. I've bought and played most MK games over the years, but I was a little hesitant to get MK8D - more so because I wanted to go digital and I wondered just how much I'd actually play it.

As I say, I've played pretty much all of them but I hadn't really sunk my teeth into one of the games for years. But buying MK8D is easily one of the best Switch purchases I've made so far.

I really hope we get London. It would be wild to drive around the UK on a console MK game.

All I'll say about the graphics of the Booster Course Pass is that I've provided a solid amount of visual materials from the game in the ST, from course screenshots to a trailer, and more media will be added as new courses are released. From there I believe people can make a value judgement about how they feel about the graphics. I don't feel that a specific notice about it is needed for the ST.

This is a preemptive note to say that we should avoid dogpiling people for a difference in opinion or perspective. Remember, we're discussing a video game. Let's approach everything with good faith - and if things do get out of hand, we got the mods.

Beyond excited for new tracks. I've bought and played most MK games over the years, but I was a little hesitant to get MK8D - more so because I wanted to go digital and I wondered just how much I'd actually play it.

As I say, I've played pretty much all of them but I hadn't really sunk my teeth into one of the games for years. But buying MK8D is easily one of the best Switch purchases I've made so far.

I really hope we get London. It would be wild to drive around the UK on a console MK game.
If Mario Kart Tour is any indication, you're in luck. Speaking of the Tour courses, I'm pretty excited to see New York Minute in MK8D!

I'm very much looking forward to this, just bummed that I'll be traveling the weekend this drops so I don't think I'll really get to enjoy it for a few days.
Lmao I'm travelling for two months and I leave the day before this drops. I don't even know when I'll have internet to download this.

I mean, I'm far more excited to see the country of course, but ugh my luck.

I finally bought the game simply for this dlc. Now I just need to get used to 200cc again but that will come over time.

I'm just happy to finally have more MK8 to look forward to in the future.

Back
Top Bottom