• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
If we get another American track, I want it to be somewhere completely random. Smack dab in the middle of Wyoming or some shit.

Realistically it’d be Chicago though.

The evidence the Tour discord has about Piranha Plant Cove (PPC) being Mobor:
Mobor has pillars like PPC (PillarMobor), unique fences like PPC (FenceMobor, FenceMoborArrow, etc.), and Mobor objects have been added at the same time as stuff like MorayBite, Jellyfish, and PackunFlowerFire which also likely means they are for Mobor (but they do not have Mobor in their name), as we see a Moray in the screenshot, Jellyfish because it is underwater, and PackunFlowerFire means Fire Piranha Plant and this is a Piranha Plant track.

My opinion isn't against Orlando itself but I'd rather not have another American city course, New York and Los Angeles is enough.
the tediously-interpreted but correct option for another American city is either Lima or Mexico City

Damn I was really hoping Orlando was real, it sucks that we still haven't gotten a real roller coaster/theme park track...

Watch this new track reuse the Pirahna Plant Pipeway music.. 🙄
Every new Tour track has had its own music, and there has yet to be a single instance of a track reusing music from a previous game across the whole franchise.

I’d be absolutely floored if Cove doesn’t have an original arrangement.
elated that we're not getting a florida track tbh
As someone who’s vacationed in Florida a lot, yeah I agree with this lol

Unless there was some very heavy amusement park theming, in which case it’d be sick. But I doubt they’d do that, and I’d rather they just create an original track for that instead.

something something underwater segment, something something Klaptraps

actually wait does Mario have mermaids? they could do a Weeki Wachee course

I really hope this track finds its way into wave 4. The idea of a new underwater track always intrigued me.
I still think the datamined Yoshi's Island course likely for this years Yoshi Tour will be the Wave 4 non-city nitro since Wave 4 will launch around the time of the Yoshi Tour (starts on April 5th, I think Wave 4's launch is about a week before that) and I think Piranha Plant Cove will be one of the 3 Wave 6 non-city nitros instead.

Let me explain as in-depth as I can, with a history of the datamined objects to help get things across:

The two Mobnu test objects (MorayMobnuTest1, MorayMobnuTest2) were added in 2.12.0 (March 2022; Mii Update). This is also the same update the first mobat objects (DoorMobat, PillarMobat) and the Mobmu test objects (EnclosureMobmuTest, StartGateMobmuTest) were added. Mobyi's first references too; it was a busy update.

The first references to Mobor popped up in the Cat Tour (June 2022). References to MorayBite, Jellyfish, and PackunFlowerFire were all added at this time too; though the correlation between these objects and that course were unprovable at the time.

Here's what we can extrapolate from the above:

1) Mobnu definitively predates Mobor, and lacks the necessary objects (Pillar, potentially Fence) to be Piranha Plant Cove. The test moray objects may no longer be necessary if the regular Moray object (used on Daisy Cruiser and Koopa Cape) fulfils all the necessary purposes.

2) If we follow the theory that Mobnu was renamed following the test objects, MobOr is the only option that fits. An unknown abbreivation like Mobib (Sky High Sundae) is unlikely as there is no appropriate Pillar object outside of PillarMobor and PillarMobat; and it can't be Mobat because it was introduced in the very same update as the Mobnu objects.
  • There is merit to a change in name from test to finalised objects. Two objects known as TentMobmTest and TentMobmTest2 existed in Tour's files; yet Mobm doesn't appear to be a course that exists at this point. TentMobmdA and TentMobmdB are objects that were added later and seem to replace these earlier ones entirely.
  • Also, if Mobnu no longer exists, there is a distinct chance that Mobmu also no longer exists, meaning we have both an unaccounted for city and non-city nitro. My guess for the city would be the suspicious ID gap that is only known to house Paris Promenade 4 currently. Rio is a good guess for a city that could fall into this gap.
We'll find out all the answers next Wednesday; so for now treat everything as speculation. The trailer should help us with that though, since the implication of PPC being Mobor is that it may have multiple routes like the cities, or be a segment track, as two of the objects for the course are StartGateMobor1 and StartGateMobor2. There appears to be road behind the fences in the screenshot(s) we have after all, and the purpose of the fences objects in the first place is to block different routes (otherwise they could be part of the course model).

image.png

Let me explain as in-depth as I can, with a history of the datamined objects to help get things across:

The two Mobnu test objects (MorayMobnuTest1, MorayMobnuTest2) were added in 2.12.0 (March 2022; Mii Update). This is also the same update the first mobat objects (DoorMobat, PillarMobat) and the Mobmu test objects (EnclosureMobmuTest, StartGateMobmuTest) were added. Mobyi's first references too; it was a busy update.

The first references to Mobor popped up in the Cat Tour (June 2022). References to MorayBite, Jellyfish, and PackunFlowerFire were all added at this time too; though the correlation between these objects and that course were unprovable at the time.

Here's what we can extrapolate from the above:

1) Mobnu definitively predates Mobor, and lacks the necessary objects (Pillar, potentially Fence) to be Piranha Plant Cove. The test moray objects may no longer be necessary if the regular Moray object (used on Daisy Cruiser and Koopa Cape) fulfils all the necessary purposes.

2) If we follow the theory that Mobnu was renamed following the test objects, MobOr is the only option that fits. An unknown abbreivation like Mobib (Sky High Sundae) is unlikely as there is no appropriate Pillar object outside of PillarMobor and PillarMobat; and it can't be Mobat because it was introduced in the very same update as the Mobnu objects.
  • There is merit to a change in name from test to finalised objects. Two objects known as TentMobmTest and TentMobmTest2 existed in Tour's files; yet Mobm doesn't appear to be a course that exists at this point. TentMobmdA and TentMobmdB are objects that were added later and seem to replace these earlier ones entirely.
  • Also, if Mobnu no longer exists, there is a distinct chance that Mobmu also no longer exists, meaning we have both an unaccounted for city and non-city nitro. My guess for the city would be the suspicious ID gap that is only known to house Paris Promenade 4 currently. Rio is a good guess for a city that could fall into this gap.
We'll find out all the answers next Wednesday; so for now treat everything as speculation. The trailer should help us with that though, since the implication of PPC being Mobor is that it may have multiple routes like the cities, or be a segment track, as two of the objects for the course are StartGateMobor1 and StartGateMobor2. There appears to be road behind the fences in the screenshot(s) we have after all, and the purpose of the fences objects in the first place is to block different routes (otherwise they could be part of the course model).

image.png
Whoa, a regular track that changes routes?! This makes me a lot more excited for the other new tracks!

This is such a cool time to be a Mario Kart fan. We’re getting so much good stuff regularly and we have an excellent mix of info to pour over, both definitive and less so, to fuel speculation of what’s to come.

Really excited to see this new track in action and we are likely so close to the Direct with our first tease of Wave 4!

Are StartGate and Enclosure objects commonly used in tracks? Otherwise, they both evoke a horse racing track.

StartGate is the starting line. For most courses they are part of the course model, but for tracks where the starting line is interactable (Tokyo Blur, Neo Bowser City, Rock Rock Mountain, etc) or changes location depending on variant (LA Laps) they need to exist as their own objects.

image.png

This is a strong reason Mobor was assumed to be a city (and thus, Orlando), since the naming of the objects matches the LA start gates.

There's no other Enclosure object in the game so there's nothing to go off for that that one could be.

This one is special enough to get a blog post.

64619_c01.jpg
64619_c03.jpg
64619_c04.jpg
64619_c02.jpg

What a course. If this comes to MK8D (and it probably will at some point), it's gonna look great and sound amazing. Perhaps this isn't too hard of a bar to cross, but I'm hoping for something on par with Ninja Hideaway.

The start gate changes location in one of the variants. Odds of being MobOr only increase.

image.png
64619_c03.png

and yeah, these fences are very obviously for some split paths.

image.png
image.png

The jellyfish is also here after all, in the Mii trailer.

image.png

This track looks cool! Though I don’t expect it to come anytime soon, but who knows. I want next week to be here already! >o<

It does seem that there may be multiple variants introduced in this tour as it looks like the route behind this fence in the first image leads to the second image.
image.png

image-1.png

Edit: Yeah this is straight up two different variants, first image has straight fence whereas second image has a curved fence going to the finish line location so it isn't even a case of different start position for T or R/T.
64619_c03.png

Screenshot_2023-02-03-08-36-35-448_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Last edited:
I still think the datamined Yoshi's Island course likely for this years Yoshi Tour will be the Wave 4 non-city nitro since Wave 4 will launch around the time of the Yoshi Tour (starts on April 5th, I think Wave 4's launch is about a week before that) and I think Piranha Plant Cove will be one of the 3 Wave 6 non-city nitros instead.

In addition to that, Tour needs to get a new course every 6 weeks on average if it will have all city/original tracks around the same time as the BCP is complete. (i.e by the end of the year)

Wow, Piranha Plant Cove looks incredible! Glad to see this is more Ninja Hideaway quality than SHS. Hopefully the rest of the Tour Nitros follow suit!

I still think Yoshi's Island will be the Wave 4 course and this will come to MK8D later, but who knows with Nintendo lol.

One of the YouTubers who has leaked Tour content before has confirmed (beyond our speculation from the trailers / screenshots) that this Tour will include Piranha Plant Cove 1 and 2. Guess we'll be waiting for 3.

I wonder if the multiple routes will play any role in how Nintendo decides to release it in the BCP. With Waves 4 and 5 (supposedly) getting three city tracks each, I could see them holding off on adding a 4th multi-route track in the same wave, and saving Cove for Wave 6.

Of course, if every nitro track from this point forward has multiple variants, then that point is moot.

I wonder if the multiple routes will play any role in how Nintendo decides to release it in the BCP. With Waves 4 and 5 (supposedly) getting three city tracks each, I could see them holding off on adding a 4th multi-route track in the same wave, and saving Cove for Wave 6.

Of course, if every nitro track from this point forward has multiple variants, then that point is moot.
Yeah I agree with multiple routes this course isn’t making Wave 4 anymore. Fully on the Yoshi train again.

It's really funny when most people expect an Orlando course based on datamined stuffs only to get completely blindsided by a new original track lol.

Back
Top Bottom