• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Wave 4 Release Trailer (Coming March 9, 2023)
WALUIGI STADIUM LOOKS SO GOOD DOUBLE DASH IS FINALLY HERE LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG (btw I was hoping for something other than Mario Circuit as the final DS track but oh well.)
Also, DK Summit being the Wii track, does this effectively kill DK Mountain's chances as one of the 4 GCN tracks?

Looks like the courses for Wave 4 have dropped:
Singapore, Bangkok, DK Summit, Amsterdam
Riverside Park, DS Mario Circuit(??), Waluigi Stadium and Yoshi's Island.

DS Mario Circuit is so good!!! I am shocked it made it in but I was hoping to see it come back one day.

For a minute I thought Mario Circuit DS was the Figure 8 one and I was really annoyed but refreshing my memory on it in seems interesting.

Got 5/8 right, not bad!

Fruit:
Amsterdam
DK Summit Wii
DS Airship Fortress
New track (Yoshi)

Boomerang:
Singapore
Waluigi Stadium GCN
Sunset Wilds GBA
Los Angeles

ds Mario circuit is one of the better Mario circuits but compared to airship fortress it’s a really disappointing end to ds tracks.

I think we're starting to get too many tracks, to think we still have 16 more left is kind of insane,
Also WTH nintendo March 9? March 10 was literally the next day for the Mar10 release.

More returning characters from the Mario Kart franchise will be added ...
My picks would be :

1.Petey Piranha
2.Funky Kong
3.R.O.B.

I think we're starting to get too many tracks, to think we still have 16 more left is kind of insane,
Also WTH nintendo March 9? March 10 was literally the next day for the Mar10 release.
repeat after me: japan is the only country that matters. glory to nihon!

Remaining courses are down to:

SNES 1
N64 0
GBA 1 (Sunset Wilds)
GCN 3
DS 0
Wii 2 (Koopa Cape, Rainbow Road Wii*)
3DS 0
Tour 5 (Los Angeles, Vancouver)
New 4 (Piranha Plant Cove)

This is just the wii, tour and GameCube booster pass at this point.

Also with the exception of ds mario circuit which looks really bad for some reason the graphics quality of these courses are the best ones in the dlc so far.

I remember a YouTuber saying that Airship Fortress wouldn't make sense in Wave 4 because it was most likely going to be an easier wave. I didn't believe them, but yeah it should have been obvious.

That last GCN track is 100% Bowser's Castle now. There's no way we go six waves without a single lava track.

Pulling extra hard now for Peach Beach. We need a good beach course to make up for the dearth of beach courses.

Wow, that's really interesting. There was definitely a part of me that was expecting DS Mario Circuit, but leaving out DS Airship Fortress just felt too crazy. Given that the music leak is fully busted now, I wonder if they made an exception there. Also fully expecting Vancouver and Los Angeles in Wave 5 now, given that Bangkok(???) got moved up. Singapore as a cup closer is also very interesting.

Regardless, damn do these tracks look great. The textures are really starting to pop now.

Remaining courses are down to:

SNES 1
N64 0
GBA 1 (Sunset Wilds)
GCN 3
DS 0
Wii 2 (Koopa Cape, Rainbow Road Wii*)
3DS 0
Tour 5 (Los Angeles, Vancouver)
New 4 (Piranha Plant Cove)
Man 3 GC ones left, they really backloaded those in the Pass. I wonder if it's because they require more work? Waluigi Stadium does look very good.

three city tracks is perhaps a bit much..... but yoshi's island is going to be incredible & i'm glad to finally see a Double Dash track
Given that there's two waves and 3 GCN tracks left, I think Wave 5 is supposed to be the double whammy of GCN tracks? (correct me if I'm wrong)
Man 3 GC ones left, they really backloaded those in the Pass. I wonder if it's because they require more work? Waluigi Stadium does look very good.
Waluigi Stadium looks INSANE right?

Wow, that's really interesting. There was definitely a part of me that was expecting DS Mario Circuit, but leaving out DS Airship Fortress just felt too crazy. Given that the music leak is fully busted now, I wonder if they made an exception there. Also fully expecting Vancouver and Los Angeles in Wave 5 now, given that Bangkok(???) got moved up. Singapore as a cup closer is also very interesting.

Regardless, damn do these tracks look great. The textures are really starting to pop now.
Vancouver is more of an autumn/winter track, so I'd be shocked if it got moved. Wave 5 will probably feature Los Angeles, Madrid, and Athens, with Wave 6 featuring Vancouver and Mumbai.

Three city tracks and Mario circuit over airship fortress kinda makes this worse than W3 for me :/

That said Yoshi’s Island looks amazing, Waluigi Stadium looks like a huge glow up, and happy to see Riverside Park!

Three city tracks and Mario circuit over airship fortress kinda makes this worse than W3 for me :/

That said Yoshi’s Island looks amazing, Waluigi Stadium looks like a huge glow up, and happy to see Riverside Park!
These city tracks are considered to be the best in Tour (outside of Vancouver), so I'm pretty positive about it. The travel nerd in me will be happy at least.

This is just the wii, tour and GameCube booster pass at this point.

Also with the exception of ds mario circuit which looks really bad for some reason the graphics quality of these courses are the best ones in the dlc so far.
Disagree, that one also looks good.

Vancouver is more of an autumn/winter track, so I'd be shocked if it got moved. Wave 5 will probably feature Los Angeles, Madrid, and Athens, with Wave 6 featuring Vancouver and Mumbai.
I really don't think they care much about seasonal stuff outside of the very obvious picks. Hasn't been a priority yet, and I doubt it will be in the future. Considering that we'd need two city tracks to be added in very quick succession for them to appear in Wave 5, I really have my doubts, and think they're just gonna go with what they already have ready and prepared.

2 things
1st Riverside park looks incredible and of course Waluigi Stadium is crazy good
2nd the music with the digital voices made me think we were getting a splatoon track

lol so many curve balls! Happy for all the 8 people who not only remembered Mario Circuit existed, but also wanted it to return. Why we got this instead of Airship Fortress or Delfino Square is beyond me.

I hope the city tracks and Yoshi's Island are good because otherwise this wave is looking pretty thin.

Given that there's two waves and 3 GCN tracks left, I think Wave 5 is supposed to be the double whammy of GCN tracks? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Waluigi Stadium looks INSANE right?
Prefixes did swap during Wave 3 and the order shuffled, but the prefixes stayed the same for Wave 4 (someone else please confirm order shuffle or not, gotta go to bed lol). We can’t really say the spread at this point then, but if it was a single swap it’d look like:

Wave 5
Tour, Wii, GBA, Tour
Tour, GCN, SNES, New

Wave 6
Tour, GCN, New, New
Tour, GCN, New, Wii

Looks like this is aligned with the original prefix leak, but shuffled around a little bit. We're still up a Wii course and down a GCN course from last wave going by that.

At this point, I'm out on the prefix leak. I just can't believe that Nintendo would ignore Airship Fortress.

Whether that's at the expense of a GCN track or a new track, I'm not sure. But I fully believe it's coming in Wave 5 or 6, probably the latter.

Looks like this is aligned with the original prefix leak, but shuffled around a little bit. We're still up a Wii course and down a GCN course from last wave going by that.
Maple Treeway looks like a clean swap for now still. In datamining it had something to the effect it was planned for Wave 6. Prefix count thus seemingly holds for now.

At this point, I'm out on the prefix leak. I just can't believe that Nintendo would ignore Airship Fortress.

Whether that's at the expense of a GCN track or a new track, I'm not sure. But I fully believe it's coming in Wave 5 or 6, probably the latter.
The remaining amount of datamined Tour tracks perfectly lines up with our unknown City and New courses, six. We also have the Maple Treeway being formerly Wave 6 evidence.

From Gematsu:

DS Mario Circuit – It might be called Mario Circuit, but this Mario Kart DS-inspired course prominently features none other than Peach’s Castle among its blossoming trees and manicured lawns—complete with a winding path through the castle’s interior!

EDIT: Might be a mistake as the description basically match up with 3DS Mario Circuit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom