• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Whatever the new track ends up being along with whatever the GCN track ends up being. Yoshi + Waluigi feels like the safest bet, but I think those two categories are what will be covered.

Pre-Direct Wave 4 Predictions:

Fruit:
Tour Amsterdam Drift
Wii DK Summit (Alt: Koopa Cape)
DS Airship Fortress (Alt: Mario Circuit)
Yoshi's Island (Alt: Piranha Plant Cove)

Boomerang:
Tour Singapore Speedway
GCN Waluigi Stadium (Alt: Daisy Cruiser)
GBA Riverside Park (Alt: Bowser's Castle or Luigi Circuit)
Tour LA Laps

I think this will be more like Wave 2: mostly predictable courses with one surprise (like Snow Land). I think either the GCN or the GBA course will be the surprise this time.

Also, Nintendo could have switched things around again. Maybe they want to delay all the GCN courses to Wave 6!

I just hope Airship Fortress is the last DS course. Fingers crossed!

Since I got both predictions right last time (only two Directs revealed in the September Direct, Peach Gardens and Merry Mountain), I'm going for the chaos route this time.

Yoshi's Island AND Piranha Plant Cove get revealed in the Direct. Los Angeles Laps gets moved to Wave 6.

Last edited:
I'll predict the tracks as well.

Fruit Cup

Tour Amsterdam Drift
Wii Koopa Cape
DS Airship Fortress
Piranha Plant Cove

Boomerang Cup

Tour Singapore Speedway
GCN Waluigi Stadium
GBA Riverside Park
Tour Los Angeles Laps

Since I got both predictions right last time (only two Directs revealed in the September Direct, Peach Gardens and Merry Mountain), I'm going for the chaos route this time.

Yoshi's Island AND Pirahna Plant Cove get revealed in the Direct. Los Angeles Laps gets moved to Wave 6.
Now this would be a fun surprise!

(there are two videos in the tweet)

Here are the two maps so far combined:

map.png

Piranha Plant Cove looks cool. The layout looks simple, but there’s a lot of obstacles on the road and I’m loving all the details. Really looking forward to the 8 Deluxe version with the shifting routes. Going to be awesome!

Figure it’ll be worth quoting the previous update to make things easier to compare.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap.png

Once again: Wow I wonder if Orlando is coming next month. Now i’m really wondering if we’ll just get all three variants in a single Tour; look at that monster sized gap.

Also, now that Bangkok is fully cleared we can suddenly see the gap for MobBR! It’s at 10 just like MobDK; wonder which will show up first.

Not too much movement in IDs this time; SNES Bowser Castle (one of them) joins every other course in finally reaching the 10 ID milestone; Mobat SHOOTS up to an even higher count (definitely next up), and with the first two out of the way we can see how many IDs Piranha Plant Cove 3 on its own has.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap.png

and hey, its been awhile since i've had anything notable to update it with, so here's the full course image:

I've decided to keep Mobmu present for now, given that we can't say with certainty it was renamed like nu was.

Not too much movement in IDs this time; SNES Bowser Castle (one of them) joins every other course in finally reaching the 10 ID milestone; Mobat SHOOTS up to an even higher count (definitely next up), and with the first two out of the way we can see how many IDs Piranha Plant Cove 3 on its own has.

Mario_Kart_ID_Gap.png

and hey, its been awhile since i've had anything notable to update it with, so here's the full course image:

I've decided to keep Mobmu present for now, given that we can't say with certainty it was renamed like nu was.
There should only be one new course unaccounted for then right? Three unknown city courses plus four new courses for 8 Deluxe vs the six datamined Tour courses.

Here are the two maps so far combined:

map.png

and here’s the track collision, where i’ve very crudely sketched out the route PPC3 should take; starting from the same starting line as 1.

r3gg8jy7vwga1.png

Not sure what're the chances but Mushroom City would be sooo nice

Either Mushroom Bridge or City will be in Tour eventually, and whichever one of those is in Tour will probably make it into 8DX. I’m rooting for City myself!

Last edited:
So glad we getting more characters, best outcome. Hopefully more karts and characters, honestly can see use getting DK Mountain now with Diddy and Funky Kong.

You can tell how hard this dude's straining to muster up enthusiasm for Birdo, but Yoshi's Island looks cool

That track looks absolutely phenomenal, wow. Would bet good money on Diddy Kong coming with the datamined DK track from Tour too, possibly in Wave 5. But man, that track is something else. Easily the best looking track we've gotten yet. And the music, sheesh.

Going off of the pattern of nitro tracks being added to Tour one week after the BCP launches, Yoshi's Island will almost certainly debut in the Yoshi Tour, which slots Wave 4 at the end of March.

Wow! Yoshi's Island looks incredible, and adding characters is the best thing Nintendo could've done for the BCP! So so excited!

I would bet that we get Birdo with Wave 4 (to go with Yoshi's Island), Diddy with Wave 5 (to go with the datamined DK track) and Petey with Wave 6 (to go with Piranha Plant Cove). Hopefully we get more than just those three, but 3 >>>>>>>>>> the 0 we were expecting so either way it's a win!

The

The UK Stream had a sub-heading stating that Wave 4 would have ‘1 character’

More for speculation for future waves, since i'm not sure how they'd go about adding a single slot.

And to be clear, the Japanese site says more characters in future waves. No number given though.

7x6 is not gonna be easy to adjust though, even if they add more in future waves I would not expect the CSS to stay a nice and even grid

Yoshi's Island looks amazing! I was expecting a less literal depiction, like the track is based on a place called Yoshi's Island and not the game Yoshi's Island. This looks like the AC, Zelda and F-zero courses and I'm here for it, YI is one of my favorite games ever.

Getting new characters is exciting too! Looks like they're doing everything in their power to get people to use something other than Waluigi lol

Is this the only track other than Hyrule Circuit to have a shortcut/track segment triggered by an action? If you hit the ? Cloud in the sky it spawns some track.

I doubt they'll do this, but theoretically Nintendo could make Wave 5 extremely DK themed, with DK Mountain, DK Summit, the new DK track, Diddy, Dixie, and Funky.

inhales

NEW CHARACTERS BABY, LET'S GOOOOOO

I'll update OP and add threadmarks once I get home from work, I work late today.

The verticality of Yoshi's Island is the highlight for me. Every other Tour nitro has felt rather flat overall up to this point, even if they had some cool changes in elevation. But Yoshi's Island is a straight up mountain. That final glide down looks sick.

Wait...NOW we're getting new characters for this game?!?

I'm not turning my nose up at it having requested this for ages but boy the DLC for this game has been weird.

Interestingly, each wave after the first has brought us something "new" that wasn't announced in the beginning.

Wave 2 brought us a "new" course (even if it came to Tour right after).

Wave 3 brought us the item selection toggle.

Wave 4 is bringing us a character.

This gives me hope for a couple of new battle courses in waves 5 or 6!

Back
Top Bottom