• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
HOLY SHIT

That is a nice looking Wii Rainbow Road. Just wait until it comes to the Switch, though...some updating lighting will make it really sing.

EDIT: also, like, why wouldn't it come to Tour as well. Even if it's earlier than we expected, might as well share the assets, right?

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO

The prefix leak basically spoiled this track was coming but I am shocked we get to see it's remake in Tour almost a year early.

Finally played wave 3 yesterday. Disappointed with how much they changed Peach Gardens. They even have you going backwards in the last lap? Cool idea in theory but in the end it felt like a different track. I think the one I enjoyed most was Boo Lake, fun and short track. I realize I enjoy shorter tracks more, this is why Baby Park will always be my favorite.

That actually looks incredible. Might have to pick the game back up to try it.

Imagine being a Rainbow Road that doesn't get into MK8D, cringe

Assuming Wii gets into MK8D, we'd only be missing GBA, GC and DS, right?

...which, honestly? Yeah, fair, those are definitely the 3 weaker ones, IMO.

The GBA one is really fun in modded MK Wii and would likely be fun in MK8D being able to trick on the bounce panels to risk taking big shortcuts.

The GBA one is really fun in modded MK Wii and would likely be fun in MK8D being able to trick on the bounce panels to risk taking big shortcuts.

GBA one is likely my favorite out of those, mind you! All course walls being a bounce pad was incredibly fun back in the day, and it could be amazing in 3D if they played around a bit with the layout and track size.

I always thought that DS rainbow road would be like perfect for MK8 anti-gravity.

I always thought that DS rainbow road would be like perfect for MK8 anti-gravity.
This is absolutely personal opinion, but I don't even have concrete memories of DS Rainbow Road. In fact, in a general sense, my brain seems to have forgotten most of Mario Kart DS, and it's upsetting because I did sink a lot of time into it back in the day. I'm not sure how prevalent of an opinion this is.

Meanwhile the only memory I have of GC Rainbow Road is frustration and rage, so there's that lol

I've never played GBA Rainbow Road but it looks fun to race on.

GC Rainbow Road is one of my favorites, but then again MKDD is one of my favs

The look of Wii Rainbow Road actually reminds me a little of the DS one, even though that one was trying to mimic the GC one visually. DS one is ok, but perhaps the music not being quite as exciting lowers it for me lol.

Best Rainbow Road is looking great, can’t wait to see the glowup in MK8D. Just sucks we gotta wait till the very end.

Wow! Shocked to get Wii RR so early, but very excited! It looks so good, and faithful to the original! Can't wait to play it in 8D!

and the next Mii Suit is the Merlion from Singapore so there's that Asia Tour finally happening, lol.

IMG_0214.png

and the next Mii Suit is the Merlion from Singapore so there's that Asia Tour finally happening, lol.

IMG_0214.png

So we're probably looking at a doubleheader after the Space Tour then? Asia Tour for two weeks, then a new city the two weeks after that.

It won't be in Tour, but I hope they bring back the "burning up" animation when you fall off the track in Wii RR

Think that’s just for Tour, Wii Rainbow Road is fairly long. Not long enough to be a single lap track though.

Guess they could maybe just do two laps for MK8, but I’d bet on them sticking with three.

Wii Rainbow Road looks great! I'm happy they kept it so close to the original, these perfect Wii tracks don't need to be changed. I just really, really hope it's a regular 3 lap track in 8D. Don't want it getting the 64 RR treatment.

I honestly really loved the reverse variant

Like a lot

Going up the drop was cool!

And the trick variant maybe sorta sets up a possible way to incorporate a reverse path into the 8DX version 👀

I really enjoyed the full three waves DLC run that just ended at AGDQ 2023. I had no idea there was a piranha plant cardboard cutout mushroom short cut on the first floor of Ninja Hideaway (it looks like the one on Paris) in the room with the moving platforms that takes you to the glider section quicker or that you could cut hard right on the final ramp in the second section of Sydney. Definitely worth seeing when the archive goes up!

I had no idea there was a piranha plant cardboard cutout mushroom short cut on the first floor of Ninja Hideaway (it looks like the one on Paris) in the room with the moving platforms that takes you to the glider section quicker
It's really hard to take that route in Tour because of how off-road works in that game but it was always there yeah.

It's really hard to take that route in Tour because of how off-road works in that game but it was always there yeah.
That’s cool! I always try to stay up on the second floor for that section and thought the Pirhana Plants were just fun decoration if I fell down there. Almost ten months for me owning Wave 1 and I had no idea.

Looks like they're wrapping up both Singapore and Bangkok in this one Tour; Singapore 3, plus Bangkok 2 and 3.

Clearing every city varaint out of the way to make room for the next ones, I guess.

I’m really looking forward to our likely first tease of Wave 4 sometime in the next three or four weeks with the first Direct (I’m rooting hard for next week). I keep going back and forth what I think they’ll show, but certainly the first GameCube track and maybe the new Yoshi track? If we do get more characters, I still think Wave 4 is a great place to have them to refresh everyone’s excitement as we enter year 2 of the pass. Also would be good to have extra Mario hype as the movie comes out.

I’m really looking forward to our likely first tease of Wave 4 sometime in the next three or four weeks with the first Direct (I’m rooting hard for next week). I keep going back and forth what I think they’ll show, but certainly the first GameCube track and maybe the new Yoshi track? If we do get more characters, I still think Wave 4 is a great place to have them to refresh everyone’s excitement as we enter year 2 of the pass. Also would be good to have extra Mario hype as the movie comes out.
I think GC and Yoshi track are realistic predictions. Reminds me of the initial Wave 3 trailer - new course plus returning course.

As much as I want Tour characters to come to MK8D, I won't believe it until I see it!!

Think that’s just for Tour, Wii Rainbow Road is fairly long. Not long enough to be a single lap track though.

Guess they could maybe just do two laps for MK8, but I’d bet on them sticking with three.
I really hope they will remain 3 laps for 8, anything other would be super disappointing. MK8 Rainbow road has a similar length to the Wii one, so let‘s hope they keep that in mind.

Also, like with 3DS rainbow road, I hope they will go with a different artistic angle, I‘m not particularly found of those tubes for the flying section and the jump. I feel anyway that just upscaling this track would be quite difficult, considering how narrow the turns are. But yeah if this really is the last track of the DLC courses, this will probably end up being the most polished DLC track.

Do we think, like Wave 2 with Kalimari Desert and 3 with Peach Gardens, we will see another non-city course in Wave 4 to do a route change? And what do you think it will be?

Do we think, like Wave 2 with Kalimari Desert and 3 with Peach Gardens, we will see another non-city course in Wave 4 to do a route change? And what do you think it will be?
That does seem to be a trend, but I’m leaning towards none with the classic tracks I’m expecting (DK Summit, Waluigi Stadium, Sunset Wilds, and Airship Fortress). If there are three city courses they all have different routes each lap and the new course of course can do it as well.

That does seem to be a trend, but I’m leaning towards none with the classic tracks I’m expecting (DK Summit, Waluigi Stadium, Sunset Wilds, and Airship Fortress). If there are three city courses they all have different routes each lap and the new course of course can do it as well.
Given that Waluigi Stadium isn’t in Tour yet, it’s not impossible that they could do something with that one

Given that Waluigi Stadium isn’t in Tour yet, it’s not impossible that they could do something with that one
Do you want a Waluigi Stadium route change? I guess I’d be fine if it was new obstacles, but if it is just going backwards no thanks.

I guess the question would be which courses could feasibly add an extra route. Both Kalimari Desert and Peach Gardens are relatively flat, and while the tunnel route for Kalimari Desert was a whole thing, Peach Gardens had to add extra track to faciliate the backwards lap. I'm not sure how many of the maps have space they could devote to an alternate route, let alone an interesting one.

The airship just flies away mid race and moves in a way you go through it backwards on the last lap 🤔

Back
Top Bottom