• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Finally beat all the time trials staff ghosts from wave 2. Still need to beat the one for 200cc Ninja Hideaway, plus a few 200cc staff ghosts from the base game, but I might come back to those once wave 3 rolls around.

So there was a new discovery with Tour datamines to do with track IDs stored internally in the game and it has confirmed and deconfirmed some courses for Tour, but one thing to note is that it has deconfirmed Broken Pier which means the Wave 3 GBA track is Boo Lake. @MondoMega will post an updated version of their track listing image with stuff to do with the datamine.

All from the Tour discord:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png

I’d be very glad if it is indeed Boo Lake. I just don’t think they’d be able to capture Broken Pier in Mario Kart 8, the mechanics between the games are just too different so it’d just be Broken Pier in name only.

Yep surprise surprise they pick the worst of the two options lol
Broken Pier is the better track, but do you think it’d translate to Mario Kart 8 better than Boo Lake? It’s super narrow and all about cutting corners via fast bounce pads, neither of which 8 really does.

I am so confused how the gaps are determined
It seems like the gaps are there for tracks that have already been made but not in the game yet.
And couldn't they change stuff around anyway between updates?
And tracks can be inserted between two tracks alphabetically if there isn't a gap beforehand but the reason there are no gaps between some tracks in the first place is because they haven't been made yet.

So in theory they could adjust this in the future to possibly accommodate for tracks that dont fit these, however unlikely it is
Yeah, some people have been investigating some previous tours and some gaps didn't exist at one point but then a gap was created in a later tour but no tracks filled up the newly created gap (because the track has been made but not yet actually in the game) and then the track that fills the gap gets added... there's even currently spaces perfect for the currently BCP exclusive tracks, Shroom Ridge and Snow Land because they've already been made for Tour but just so happened to debut in 8DX first.

How difficult is it to find these gaps? I'm guessing it's a relatively recent find, given that this is the first we've heard about it. Would definitely be worth following to see if a new gap opens up somewhere that there isn't any datamined content for.

How difficult is it to find these gaps? I'm guessing it's a relatively recent find, given that this is the first we've heard about it. Would definitely be worth following to see if a new gap opens up somewhere that there isn't any datamined content for.
From the sounds of things from dataminers in the Tour discord, it is information that has been right in front of them for a very long time but have overlooked it until now. Also, I think they have the IDs going as far back to the Paris Tour in June 2021 since they didn't archive the IDs from the previous Tours iirc.

Interesting stuff. Doesn't seem super useful, since the datamined objects for DK Jungle and Music Park presumably still exist within Tour, but it's nice to have at least a slightly better idea of when the tracks are coming. Knowing it's probably Boo Lake is nice too, although it's technically possible that it just isn't ready for Tour yet (similar to the Snow Land gap not being added until recently, according to those Discord screenshots).

I honestly wouldn't even count on wave 3 showing up in the Direct. It probably doesn't drop until at late October at the earliest

The DLC doesn’t need a Direct. They needed it to announce it in the first place but since then we’ve seen that MK8 DLC is one of the few things that runs very well on its own. They can just announce it on Twitter near the winter/christmas time and the hype will be back.

I’m still expecting late November, early December for Wave 3. Every four months or so for new courses until the end. I think it’s regular drops spread over two years rather than get them to us as soon as possible.

We're back.

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

Now for the fun part where I explain the above additions since they don't line up perfectly with the above information @Skipper93653 posted that you should read first. It was later noticed that the gaps between the classic courses were all multiples of 5, and as each course has five of these files we can look at the size of the gaps to determine how many courses should fall between each:

G3ds_WarioShip - Gagb_BowserCastle1 - 1
Gagb_CheepCheepIsland - Gagb_SkyGarden - 3
Gagb_SunsetWilds - Gds_DKPass - 1
Gds_LuigiMansion - Gds_WaluigiPinball - 2
Ggc_DinoDinoJungle - Ggc_YoshiCircuit - 3
Gn64_KoopaTroopaBeach - Gn64_PeachCircuit - 3 *
Gsfc_DonutsPlain2 - Gsfc_GhostValley1 - 1
Gsfc_GhostValley1 - Gsfc_KoopaTroopaBeach2 - 3 *
Gwii_DKSummit - Gwii_KoopaCape - 1

The two with asterisks have gaps of 25 rather than 15, but we can just assume they're simply spaced out more as only three possible tracks fit between them anyway. So through this, we can determine quite a bit about upcoming courses coming to Tour, gap by gap:
  • Either one of the Wuhu Island courses or Boo Lake (depending on the name they use internally) would fit here.
  • Luigi Circuit (already datamined) and two other GBA courses would fit in there. There are a lot of potential options, reflected in the image above.
  • Boo Lake (if it is sorted as TeresaLake) or Yoshi Desert go perfectly here. There's the potential for certain DS tracks to fit in too but those appear unlikely.
  • Two perfect spaces for Shroom Ridge and Peach Gardens.
  • Three spaces that perfectly fit the three datamined GCN courses; Waluigi Stadium, DK Mountain and Mushroom Bridge / City.
  • The only courses that can fit in here are Luigi Raceway (already datamined), Mario Raceway and Moo Moo Farm.
  • Donut Plains 3 is the only option.
  • Ghost Valley 2, Ghost Valley 3 and Koopa Beach 1 are the only options (and the former two have leaked previously).
  • Could either be Dry Dry Ruins or Grumble Volcano based on the existing datamined options.
Keep in mind that a lack of gaps does not mean a course will not be added to the game, as the list has been updated regularly between Tours and new gaps are added easily; if anything it just means missing courses won't be showing up in the immediate future. This is also why it is impossible to entirely rule out Broken Pier even if Boo Lake appears to be more likely now; there are other options that fit into the available gaps and another could be added between Bowser Castle 3 and Cheep Cheep Island anytime.

Last edited:
We're back.

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

Now for the fun part where I explain the above additions since they don't line up perfectly with the above information @Skipper93653 posted that you should read first. It was later noticed that the gaps between the classic courses were all multiples of 5, and as each course has five of these files we can look at the size of the gaps to determine how many courses should fall between each:

G3ds_WarioShip - Gagb_BowserCastle1 - 1
Gagb_CheepCheepIsland - Gagb_SkyGarden - 3
Gagb_SunsetWilds - Gds_DKPass - 1
Gds_LuigiMansion - Gds_WaluigiPinball - 2
Ggc_DinoDinoJungle - Ggc_YoshiCircuit - 3
Gn64_KoopaTroopaBeach - Gn64_PeachCircuit - 3 *
Gsfc_DonutsPlain2 - Gsfc_GhostValley1 - 1
Gsfc_GhostValley1 - Gsfc_KoopaTroopaBeach2 - 3 *
Gwii_DKSummit - Gwii_KoopaCape - 1

The two gaps with the asterisk have gaps of 25 rather than 15, but we can just assume they're simply spaced out more as only three possible tracks fit between them anyway. So through this, we can determine quite a bit about upcoming courses coming to Tour, gap by gap:
  • Either one of the Wuhu Island courses or Boo Lake (depending on the name they use internally) would fit here.
  • Luigi Circuit (already datamined) and two other GBA courses would fit in there. There are a lot of potential options, reflected in the image above.
  • Boo Lake (if it is sorted as TeresaLake) or Yoshi Desert go perfectly here. There's the potential for certain DS tracks to fit in too but those appear unlikely.
  • Two perfect spaces for Shroom Ridge and Peach Gardens.
  • Three spaces that perfectly fit the three datamined GCN courses; Waluigi Stadium, DK Mountain and Mushroom Bridge / City.
  • The only courses that can fit in here are Luigi Raceway (already datamined), Mario Raceway and Moo Moo Farm.
  • Donut Plains 3 is the only option.
  • Ghost Valley 2, Ghost Valley 3 and Koopa Beach 1 are the only options (and the former two have leaked previously).
  • Could either be Dry Dry Ruins or Grumble Volcano based on the existing datamined options.
Keep in mind that a lack of gaps does not mean a course will not be added to the game, as the list has been updated regularly between Tours and new gaps are added easily; if anything it just means missing courses won't be showing up in the immediate future. This is also why it is impossible to entirely rule out Broken Pier even if Boo Lake appears to be more likely now; there are other options that fit into the available gaps and another could be added between Bowser Castle 3 and Cheep Cheep Island anytime.
I’m sure it’s already been said, but the work the Tour dataminers put in is incredible. Thanks yet again for the lovely chart.

Battle Mode has finally been officially announced for Tour after years of leaks, to launch next month.

IMG_1484.png

but they’re also removing the gacha from the game? Interesting move, lol.

IMG_1485.png

Work is slow today so I've been playing some Mario Kart. Beaten all the staff ghosts except for Nin★Maria's 200cc GBA Ribbon Road, who is 0.228 seconds ahead of my best time.

The play stats claim my favorite course is now GBA Ribbon Road. Reader, it is not.

Without gacha, with a battle mode and with the potential addition of MK8 tracks MK Tour is an insane package. When ignoring the sometimes not so good controls you basically get a handheld MK game with new stuff (characters/courses/remix/challenges) and an insane number of retro tracks - for free.

honestly if they're sunsetting it, i wouldn't be surprised to see it enter maintenance mode where they just do away with the tour system and let you pay a flat fee to get access to the full tracklist whenever

honestly if they're sunsetting it, i wouldn't be surprised to see it enter maintenance mode where they just do away with the tour system and let you pay a flat fee to get access to the full tracklist whenever
I highly doubt they’re sunsetting it anytime soon.

I highly doubt they’re sunsetting it anytime soon.
neither do i, but there's some signs that it might be wrapping up new content in the not too distant future

it's still doing well enough for now, and if it's still doing well then i'm sure they'll extend its life a bit more, but it's not going to last forever

Work is slow today so I've been playing some Mario Kart. Beaten all the staff ghosts except for Nin★Maria's 200cc GBA Ribbon Road, who is 0.228 seconds ahead of my best time.

The play stats claim my favorite course is now GBA Ribbon Road. Reader, it is not.
got a time of 1:30.786, so I've now beaten every staff ghost currently in the game. Another W for Waluigi Wiggler

FINALLY; alongside Luigi Raceway, Ghost Valley 2 is also debuting this Tour.

IMG_5350.png

They showed a picture of it in-game in 2020, so this one has been a long time coming.

As there's signs that Tour has a few MK8 tracks in the pipeline, they could get an extra year's content just by putting the whole lot in. But it's mildly interesting that the number of unannounced original courses (city and new) datamined from Tour is the same number as what we are expecting from MK8.

I wonder why Tour doesn't pull more courses from Wii. It's got everything from 7 at least data mined, and Wii tracks seem like they ought to be on a similar level in terms of texture quality/polygonal complexity. Curious to see how Peach Gardens and Waluigi Stadium turn out, particularly since the latter had blue zippers added.

I wonder why Tour doesn't pull more courses from Wii. It's got everything from 7 at least data mined, and Wii tracks seem like they ought to be on a similar level in terms of texture quality/polygonal complexity. Curious to see how Peach Gardens and Waluigi Stadium turn out, particularly since the latter had blue zippers added.
Tour is likely built using 7 as a base, hence why 28/32 tracks are now in the game, with the remaining 4 all datamined. Lot more work needs to go into the Wii tracks.

They mostly avoided Wii retros for awhile but this last Tour and the next coming up will both be adding new ones (GBA Bowser Castle 3 and SNES Ghost Valley 2), and with all 7 retros out of the way I think they'll become more common.

We already have:
  • SNES Ghost Valley 2 (tomorrow)
  • GBA Bowser Castle 3
  • SNES Mario Circuit 3
We know we are getting:
  • N64 Mario Raceway
  • GCN Waluigi Stadium
  • DS Peach Gardens
  • GCN DK Mountain
and that alone is nearly half of the retro lineup from Wii. I think we'll see a few more of the remants make it eventually as some of them are plenty popular.

As for Wii's original courses I think Tour is doing fine there already. It has Mushroom Gorge, Coconut Mall, DK Summit, Koopa Cape and Maple Treeway; with Grumble Volcano, Dry Dry Ruins and Rainbow Road likely in the pipeline.

7's tracks are also just better suited to direct adaptation than wii's, since they already contain underwater and glider segments. wii tracks need to be remade with those in consideration unless they start doing them with fewer gimmicks

the few ports we have from 8 have to make some changes to fit in as well, with the added benefit of halfpipes to add a little extra texture to make up for the loss of antigrav

This is probably the best prediction video I've seen. I do wonder if some of the unknown tracks could be place holder tracks like this suggests.

This is probably the best prediction video I've seen. I do wonder if some of the unknown tracks could be place holder tracks like this suggests.

I certainly don't think it's impossible, but I doubt they give up that many slots. The idea of Nintendo preparing non-city Tour tracks ahead of the BCP perfectly checks out with how they've advertised each wave, so I don't get why they dismiss that possibility so easily. Also don't really get why they went with an extra Wii slot when that's already the best represented game in the BCP, N64 would make much more sense.

Just sorta rubs me the wrong way how they lead with "other predictions make no sense" when this one isn't really anything particularly noteworthy in the grand scheme of things.

Back
Top Bottom