• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Anyone else straight up dislike NYM? I like every other Tour course so far (even Tokyo) so I'm not sure what I dislike so much. I just find it kind of...messy?

Anyone else straight up dislike NYM? I like every other Tour course so far (even Tokyo) so I'm not sure what I dislike so much. I just find it kind of...messy?
I also dislike NYM the most…
I still don’t quite understand the route you take, as every corner looks the same and the routes aren’t distinctively different visual-wise. It’s mostly just same-looking buildings and the park

I love me some New York Minute...but I also love me some New York City in general, so I'm biased. Makes me surprised I don't like that Jimmy Fallon ride more, to be honest.
did I miss something or
He's talking about Mario + Rabbids, it comes out in October.

nintendosoft bungun maronio

magic man keeps pretending the rabbids with guns fire emblem game is a new mario game worthy of all the same fanfare

it's either a pretty funny bit or an admirable commitment to his own tastes
Look, I don't like that they turned Mario into a turn based strategy game, either, but the first game reviewed well and sold 7.5 million units as of last year, better than every other Mario RPG and several Mario spinoffs. It is, by all accounts, a good game that people like, and people are looking forward to the sequel.

Mario + Rabbids is, without question, a Big Deal.

Look, I don't like that they turned Mario into a turn based strategy game, either, but the first game reviewed well and sold 7.5 million units as of last year, better than every other Mario RPG and several Mario spinoffs. It is, by all accounts, a good game that people like, and people are looking forward to the sequel.

Mario + Rabbids is, without question, a Big Deal.
Pretty sure Raccoon is just jokingly poking at Magic-Man.

Hey, I am back from my holiday in London! I'm shocked they went through the effort to recreate it in real life from Mario Kart Tour, pretty impressive IMO.

Blast from the past.

Man, back in 2013 I didn't really anticipate how much mileage I'd get out of Mario Kart 8. All of my attention was on, "3D Land again? Okay, that's neat I guess. Wait, you can play as Peach in the next Mario game?" and "We're getting TWO Smash Bros. games? And MEGA MAN is in it??" Like, I was looking forward to Mario Kart, but I wasn't hyping it up.

Now?
  • 3D World is one of my favorite Mario games, with the Switch version basically perfecting it and adding an amazing side mode to it.
  • Smash 4 is a game I will likely never go back to, despite putting hundreds of hours into the game across both versions. Ultimate eclipses any reason to play 4. The 3DS version is honestly my preferred way to play thanks to Smash Run, though, did that with every character.
  • Mario Kart 8 turned out to be a masterpiece even with its terrible battle mode. An audiovisual showcase that still impresses me now 8 years later. We got great DLC on Wii U, a Switch port that fixed the original game's one major flaw, and now even more tracks from the mobile game they made.
It is wild to me that out of the big Mario-related announcements that E3, the criticized 3D Land sequel developed a fanbase and saw new life on a new platform, the Smash Bros. duo initially hyped up to being a substantial improvement over Brawl's mechanics was largely tossed aside, and Mario Kart 8 is a game that we'll be playing across two consoles generations and practically a decade of time.

Man, back in 2013 I didn't really anticipate how much mileage I'd get out of Mario Kart 8. All of my attention was on, "3D Land again? Okay, that's neat I guess. Wait, you can play as Peach in the next Mario game?" and "We're getting TWO Smash Bros. games? And MEGA MAN is in it??" Like, I was looking forward to Mario Kart, but I wasn't hyping it up.

Now?
  • 3D World is one of my favorite Mario games, with the Switch version basically perfecting it and adding an amazing side mode to it.
  • Smash 4 is a game I will likely never go back to, despite putting hundreds of hours into the game across both versions. Ultimate eclipses any reason to play 4. The 3DS version is honestly my preferred way to play thanks to Smash Run, though, did that with every character.
  • Mario Kart 8 turned out to be a masterpiece even with its terrible battle mode. An audiovisual showcase that still impresses me now 8 years later. We got great DLC on Wii U, a Switch port that fixed the original game's one major flaw, and now even more tracks from the mobile game they made.
It is wild to me that out of the big Mario-related announcements that E3, the criticized 3D Land sequel developed a fanbase and saw new life on a new platform, the Smash Bros. duo initially hyped up to being a substantial improvement over Brawl's mechanics was largely tossed aside, and Mario Kart 8 is a game that we'll be playing across two consoles generations and practically a decade of time.
I also think it is interesting seeing such an old build of Mario Kart 8 in-action. Mario Kart 8 was apparently in development for 2.5 years so that places E3 2013 about 1.5 years into development which is wild to see how much is done and also how much there is left to do and how much has changed in a span of about a year. Also, imagine telling people at E3 2013 that Mario Kart 8 will still be getting support 10 years from now.

I also think it is interesting seeing such an old build of Mario Kart 8 in-action. Mario Kart 8 was apparently in development for 2.5 years so that places E3 2013 about 1.5 years into development which is wild to see how much is done and also how much there is left to do and how much has changed in a span of about a year. Also, imagine telling people at E3 2013 that Mario Kart 8 will still be getting support 10 years from now.
There's definitely something missing without hearing the more orchestrated soundtrack. I know that "live instruments = more ambitious game" is a tired meme that's also just...not true, but it really helped establish Mario Kart 8's identity away from the other games in the series. Without it, I don't think the game comes off as strongly.

it's actually kind of neat to look back at those old shots of toad harbor and see just far the art advanced. even back in 2013 the texture work was pretty good, but the buildings and the overall level of detail on the offtrack doodads actually resemble the remade tour city courses

it's kind of weird to imagine that there was almost a universe where they didn't polish it as heavily and the BCP actually fits in with the original tracks

Slowly dawning on me that I'm gonna need to start another list to track which 200cc time trials I've beaten the staff ghosts on and which ones I haven't

Beat the Shroom Ridge one by four seconds but it was scuffed as hell

Too slow, see above.

GBA Bowser’s Castle 3 is coming to the next tour. I’m glad to see it but, the lack of the original background is disappointing.

I really hope if we get a GBA Bowser Castle in the BCP it is Bowser Castle 3 or 4. I adored 3 in particular when it was brought back in Mario Kart Wii. That one wicked u turn over the grating is so good and that last sprint can be so intense.

I don't think so unfortunately. The final three GBA tracks are Broken Pier (music leak), Sunset Wilds (music leak), and Lakeside Park (spotted on the banner apparently).
Lakeside Park definitely isn’t on the banner. There’s only like one or two remaining screens that are impossible to identify for certain since they’re either partially covered or too blurry.

Where is that image of mondomega updated with recent leaked courses?

This post has the most up to date version still.

Good a time as any to update these. Will hide these in a quote for now if some people are trying to avoid the new leak.

Not updating it for GBA Bowser Castle 3 until after this Tour launches and can be datamined. Need to see if the object that indicated another GBA BC was coming is used on 3 or any of its variants; if not then 4 remains on the datamined list.

I don't think so unfortunately. The final three GBA tracks are Broken Pier (music leak), Sunset Wilds (music leak), and Lakeside Park (spotted on the banner apparently).
I’ve seen this sentiment regarding Lakeside Park recently and honestly have no clue where it’s coming from. Nothing on the banner really looks like it.

Moonview Highway would be the worst addition when we already have 14 other city-based tracks in this DLC alone.

The two Wii tracks not placed from the banner are Koopa Cape and DK Pass. The third remaining track is a mystery.

It’ll be Rainbow Road. At absolute worst, Bowser’s Castle. I’d still be happy there, but it’s Rainbow Road.

Wave 4, Late March:
Amsterdam Drift
DK Summit
DS Mario Circuit
NEW Yoshi's Island

Singapore Speedway
Daisy Cruiser
GBA Luigi Circuit
Los Angeles Laps

Wave 5, Early July:
Madrid Drive
Koopa Cape
Sunset Wilds
Athens Autodrome

Bangkok Rush
DK Mountain
SNES Bowser Castle 3
NEW Noki Bay

Wave 6, Early October:
Vancouver Velocity
Maple Treeway
NEW Splish-Splash Circuit
NEW Origami Castle

Munich Madness
Mushroom City
NEW DK Sawmill
Wii Rainbow Road

Last edited:
We already have 3DS Rainbow Road capping off the first half of the DLC, so it’d be really weird if we didn’t get another Rainbow Road to close out the last half too, which would have to be Wii Rainbow Road. It feels specifically planned to be that way, and I’d be shocked if that didn’t end up being the case.

Moonview Highway would be the biggest wet fart imaginable, and that’s coming from someone who genuinely likes the track.

It’s gonna be Rainbow Road.

I know it won‘t happen because Wii Rainbow Road seem far more likely if they want to add any second rainbow road, especially with the last track being a wii one, but I want DS Rainbow Road in MK8. At least with that track they‘d have to include Anti Gravity and imagine that it would be very fun to drive in 200ccm.

It kinda sucks how two of my three most anticipated tracks (3DS Rainbow Road, Vancouver Velocity, and Wii Maple Treeway) won't come until the very end. Screw you Nintendo lol

It kinda sucks how two of my three most anticipated tracks (3DS Rainbow Road, Vancouver Velocity, and Wii Maple Treeway) won't come until the very end. Screw you Nintendo lol
I dunno if I misunderstood the leak but I think 3DS Rainbow Road is coming on the next wave.

unknown.png

A surprise twist this Tour, RMX Bowser's Castle is also here! Unless something more specific pops up in the future i'll have to remove GBA Bowser Castle 4 from the datamined category as there's no way to gaurantee any GBA BC objects being for that over RMX 2.

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom